skydiverek

Hardcore accident video compilation

:o:o Some pretty wicked $hit there. :D

Some take aways?

Learn to track better at breakoff. Most people don't track as well as they could.

Beginning freeflyers? It's very common to backslide when you're learning to sit/head down. Face perpendicular to the jump run line so that you're not sliding up or down the line and getting in someone else's airspace.

Pinchecks and protecting your pin, esp. on climbout, are really good habits to build. I'm almost OCD about checking my handles and buckles prior to exit.:D

When cutting away it's preferable to be belly-to-earth as your reserve deploys off your back, right? So put your feet on your butt and ARCH as you cutaway. Don't be the guys with the feet out in front of them, falling away on their backs, watching the reserve go past their shoes. And BTW, I hang onto my handles when I chop. There's usually no reason not to. ;)

Thanks for the great instructional video. I might use some of that stuff for Safety Day. B|

RiggerLee

How in the hell did he get that much footage together?

That is the most awesome collection of not dieing that I've seen.

Lee

That's almost exactly what I was going to write. What an impressive collection.

I guess it shouldnt be to surprising to know some of the people. I'm going to show this to help folks understand why I say what I do about almost every scenario in the videos.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

hookitt

***How in the hell did he get that much footage together?

That is the most awesome collection of not dieing that I've seen.

Lee

That's almost exactly what I was going to write. What an impressive collection.

I guess it shouldnt be to surprising to know some of the people. I'm going to show this to help folks understand why I say what I do about almost every scenario in the videos.

I think it should be a sticky in all the topical forums here on Dizzie and people should watch.... especially EVENTS and General for ANYONE contemplating going to a Boogie ANYWHERE....

I got tired of getting hurt by crap flying especially on zoo loads with people who SHOULD know better.

Great compilation, and I am thinking that many of us have seen many, if not all of these before. My wonder about is how did you get the copyright for all of these? I know a few of them, are friends of mine, and I don't believe that they would have given permission, outside of their channels, for it to be copied :)

No use asking that here. Bartek only posted a link to a youtube video. He didn't claim to have compiled them. It's been posted by someone calling themselves "Damian C". And probably from Poland.

Maybe your friends can hire a lawyer away from Disney and force youtube to remove them. Who knows, perhaps a lawsuit could be profitable.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

Agreed but even after a pin and handle check when you climb out dont show the back of your rig to the bulk head, turn to the center if you are floating, if multiple floaters are in the door way the front float and rear float should climb out first and rear float should be mindful that his pilot chute is probably in contact the bulk head, minimize movement. And think about where you are dragging your pilot chute across as you move towards the door. At least 2 of the clips where peoples pins or pilot chute snagging some part of the plane structure.