maxroper

Renewing license

Hey!

I had a hard landing 2 years ago on my 50th jump and broke my tailbone. It sucked but I am good now and ready to get back at it.

I wanted to see that after 2 years, do I need to re-do any of the classes or just a refresher jump with an instructor?

Thanks!

You'll for sure need to do a ground school refresher. Even if you didn't NEED to, I don't see why you wouldn't WANT to after being out 2 years. Then you'll have to do a recurrency jump with an instructor. Have fun and nice work getting back to it!
*If you fail to plan, you plan to fail*
*It's not flair, it's flare*
*Please use "your" and "you're" responsibly*

maxroper

Hey!

I had a hard landing 2 years ago on my 50th jump and broke my tailbone. It sucked but I am good now and ready to get back at it.

I wanted to see that after 2 years, do I need to re-do any of the classes or just a refresher jump with an instructor?

Thanks!

There are specific requirements for jumpers of various license levels and time away from the sport to get back in the air. These are outlined in the Skydiver Information Manual (SIM), available as a free download in pdf form here - http://uspa.org/Portals/0/files/Man_SIM_2016.pdf
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX