Jonay

My song about Skydiving-based on your information

Hey happy people
A while ago I started this http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3515969;page=unread#unread thread about a skydiving song. Some of you provided me with great information. So I want to inform you that the song is ready. The lyrics are mainly based on the following information by some of you members:

wmw999: On the plane trip up, new people more so than experienced (at least from what I hear) get tenser and tenser on the way up. Right before exit there's that feeling of delicious anticipation when all of the senses are pretty peaked with anticipation for the jump that's just about to happen.

CygnusX-1 What do you think of just before you take a step out?
UP - DOWN - OUT
or
READY - SET - GO

PeregrineFalcon I'm relaxed. Getting my helmet and goggles on, I'm elated. Slapping the hands of the skydivers right before the green light, I feel brotherly. Then the door opens and...UNPARALLED excitement.

sacamaca...If I really had to use words they would be: amazing, liberating, exhilarating, breathtaking....Without the spark of any distraction that you normally deal with every minute of your everyday life

Baksteen:
a skydiver who jumps from 12.000 feet and...Many special terms are listed here.

besides that information I have also of course added my own vision of skydiving, so here is the final result:
I hope you enjoy the song, and if you don't well you only need to turn off the stereo :)

and to show my appreciation I give a shout to your lovely community at the end of the song. thanks again

the song url1: http://jonay.com/Jonay_Ft_Jasmine_Kara_-_Skydiving.mp3

url2:
http://blog.jamendo.com/2009/06/03/by-popular-demand-a-song-about-skydiving/

cheers,
Jonay
www.jonay.com
twitter.com/jonaycom

A while ago I started this thread about a skydiving song. Some of you provided me with great information. So I want to inform you that the song is ready. The lyrics are mainly based on the following information by some of you members...

Nicely done! It may be the style or the effects, but I can only understand about half the lyrics, so you might make those available, since they are based on some things you have received from your fellow jumpers.

It's a nice song there.

Congrats and good luck in the future.:)

“The sum of intelligence on the planet is a constant; the population is growing.” - George Bernard Shaw
He who dies with the most toys, wins.....
dudeist skydiver # 19515
Buy quality and cry once!

wow, I'm flattered, thanks for all the great comments, I'm really glad that you all enjoyed the song, cause I was a little bit nervous since the process was new to me :)
One other thing,the song is for free so you can use it however you want to.

for those interested, here are the lyrics:
jonay.com/Jonay%20-%20Skydiving.pdf

Sincerely,
Jonay
www.jonay.com
twitter.com/jonaycom

Very nice... from 1 songwritting skydiver to another song writer... nice.. thank you for sharing your wares with us... I think your song is about to be on a BUNCH of peoples 1st tandem jump! vids. All the best of luck to you in your career.

peace/blessings
If flying is piloting a plane.. then swimming is driving a boat. I know why birds sing.. I skydive.

from 1 songwritting skydiver to another song writer... nice

cool, what type of music are you into?

I think your song is about to be on a BUNCH of peoples 1st tandem jump! vids

I really hope so, would be nice to see some vids :)
www.jonay.com
twitter.com/jonaycom

So, my only recourse is to ask that you make another to go with this one!!

hehe I thought making one song was hard :) but the question is then what should the second one focus on?:D
www.jonay.com
twitter.com/jonaycom

So, my only recourse is to ask that you make another to go with this one!!

hehe I thought making one song was hard :) but the question is then what should the second one focus on?:D

The second one should be about skydivers rather than skydiving ;-)

I love the song. You did an Awesome job. I left you a little review on Jamendo and gave it a 10 rating.

Thanks!!

I agree.... Make it about skydivers...

Hey, Jonay.. Shoot me a PM and I'll tell you all our secrets (in Swedish) ;)
“The sum of intelligence on the planet is a constant; the population is growing.” - George Bernard Shaw
dudeist skydiver # 19515

I love the song. You did an Awesome job. I left you a little review on Jamendo and gave it a 10 rating.

Thanks!!

a song about skydivers was a cool idea haha, I guess there is much to be said, or???:D

and thanx for the great review!;)

Hey, Jonay.. Shoot me a PM and I'll tell you all our secrets (in Swedish)

hehe what type of secrets would that be?:)

btw, yesterday, the song was played in Swedish National Radio. I hope it promoted and recruited some souls to the skydiving community :)
www.jonay.com
twitter.com/jonaycom

Hey, Jonay.. Shoot me a PM and I'll tell you all our secrets (in Swedish)

hehe what type of secrets would that be?:)

ALL of them B|:D:D
dudeist skydiver # 19515