2 2
brenthutch

Aunt Jamima canceled

4 hours ago, headoverheels said:

Not opposing is not the same as supporting.

Thank you captain obvious.

I am sure whether or not Disney supports the LGBTQ community is a difficult discussion and not overly straightforward, however stating that Disney simply doesn't oppose the LGBTQ community is IMHO not a fair starting point for that discussion. Can they do more, absolutely. Have they gone somewhat backwards under a new CEO, absolutely. But they do have a history of doing much more than simply not opposing.

4 hours ago, headoverheels said:

Not opposing is not the same as supporting.

Pretty sure they are firmly in the "supporting" category.  Their CEO:

"I do not want anyone to mistake a lack of statement for a lack of support. We all share the same goal of a more tolerant, respectful world. Where we may differ is in the tactics to get there."

On 11/8/2021 at 11:49 AM, brenthutch said:

“A great woman erased from history by idiots. 
The branding of the syrup was a tribute to this woman’s gifts and talents. Now future generations will not even know this beautiful woman existed. What a shame. The world knew her as “Aunt Jemima”, but her given name was Nancy Green and she was a true American success story. She was born a slave in 1834 Montgomery County, KY. and became a wealthy superstar in the advertising world, as its first living trademark. Green was 56-yrs old when she was selected as spokesperson for a new ready-mixed, self-rising pancake flour and made her debut in 1893 at a fair and exposition in Chicago. She demonstrated the pancake mix and served thousands of pancakes, and became an immediate star. She was a good storyteller, her personality was warm and appealing, and her showmanship was exceptional. Her exhibition booth drew so many people that special security personnel were assigned to keep the crowds moving. Nancy Green was signed to a lifetime contract, traveled on promotional tours all over the country, and was extremely well paid. Her financial freedom and stature as a national spokesperson enabled her to become a leading advocate against poverty and in favor of equal rights for all Americans. She maintained her job until her death in 1923, at age 89. This was a remarkable woman, and sadly she has been ERASED by politics. I wanted you to know and remind you in this cancel culture time period.”

Brother, you need an intervention. Now, back in the real world Ketanji Brown Jackson is now Justice Ketanji Brown Jackson by a vote of 53 to 47. Now, I'll let you rant about Kavanaugh some more but when you're done please tell me why I shouldn't consider each and everyone of those 47 no voting Republican US Senators to be racist, sexist assholes.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

Brother, you need an intervention. .... Now, I'll let you rant about Kavanaugh some more but when you're done please tell me why I shouldn't consider each and everyone of those 47 no voting Republican US Senators to be racist, sexist assholes.

Well you'd be right. Then each of the 47... Why do they remind me of the 47 Ronin of the movie. Who when left leaderless by the death of their leader, that would be the hero John McCain. Went on to betray the country through violent insurrection. Now this is where the movie digresses from republicans. Because in the movie the Ronin went on to fight for honor, justice, courage,character, etc. Whereas here in real life. These 47 have none of those qualities.