1 1
brenthutch

Virginia Governor’s race

(edited)
15 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

In your expert opinion, whose victory would have more shit stirring potential?

I think a Republican winning a blue state Biden won by 20 points just one year ago may represent a sea change in the body politic. But I’m not great with math so what do I know?

Edited by brenthutch

Just now, brenthutch said:

I think a Republican winning a blue state Biden won by 20 points just one year ago may represent a sea change in the body politic 

Sure, sure, we all get that but who gives a rats ass about sea change unless you're a climate weirdo, right? And unless Scarlett Johansson is running no one serious cares about the body politic. No, when I'm talking legs I want to know which candidate will give you the oomph to drive this thread to 1000 views and knock BillVon off the top of the likes list. I mean, day'am, he's been topping us all for longer than Adeles new single.

2 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

Sure, sure, we all get that but who gives a rats ass about sea change unless you're a climate weirdo, right?

GOP politician leads in Virginia:  It's a SEA CHANGE.  We are entering a new age of profit, success and reason!  Winds of change are set to blow and sweep this whole land through!

Biden wins: Eh.  He didn't really win.

Gotta love republicans.

Chew on that one bone Brent. I know its terrible to have to face the new pharma reality on the same day. The provision would, for the first time, allow the government to negotiate prices for some medicines covered by Medicare.

“Democrats will deliver strong drug price negotiations to lower prices for our seniors and halt Big Pharma’s outrageous price hikes above inflation.”

Stephen J. Ubl, the president and chief executive of the Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America, the industry’s main trade group, criticized the deal."

Perhaps the new Mercedes SUV will have to last a while longer because the poor and elderly will have cheaper prescription drugs.

Then to face the additional humiliation that the major financial firms in the world are restricting financing on new coal and oil projects.

43 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

“Democrats will deliver strong drug price negotiations to lower prices for our seniors and halt Big Pharma’s outrageous price hikes above inflation.”

:rofl:How many times in my life have I heard this line of bullshit from both sides of the aisle.

36 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

WTF? Since the article also says he disappeared in a puff of smoke after saying mwa-ha-ha, and that he was last seen at Walmart buying tiki torches, I think we can gather that the description of the Babylon Bee as a Christian conservative satire site is pretty accurate. 
To counter, then, I present The Onion: Capitalist Heroes

It’s at least as relevant  

Wendy P. 

36 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Hard to play the race card when the newly elected Republican Lt. Governor is a black woman and the Republican AG is Hispanic.

So you aren't racist cause you have a black and Hispanic friend? Unfortunate you are reducing people to just their races and genders.

I am sure like Winsor you also claim you totally don't care about race and gender.

5 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

So you aren't racist cause you have a black and Hispanic friend? Unfortunate you are reducing people to just their races and genders.

I am sure like Winsor you also claim you totally don't care about race and gender.

No, that is wokeism.  

9 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

He is completely race blind; he only sees the content of their character, not the color of their skin.  

Now, the people who talk about how blacks have been discriminated against in America - they're the real racists!  Because all they see is "black" not the fact that many of those type of people are lazy and fatherless.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brenthutch said:

Nobody does

According to the right, people who don't think racism is funny are liberal identity-obsessed cancel culture warriors trying to erase the past, just because they think old comedies like Little Rascals are somewhat racist - and not that funny.  You state sentiments similar to that all the time.

If you have started to turn away from that - good for you!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, billvon said:

According to the right, people who don't think racism is funny are liberal identity-obsessed cancel culture warriors trying to erase the past, just because they think old comedies like Little Rascals are somewhat racist - and not that funny.  You state sentiments similar to that all the time.

If you have started to turn away from that - good for you!

From the director of Airplane!

https://www.commentary.org/articles/david-zucker/wokeness_destroys-comedy/

> Or when they pressure writers to remove jokes that are otherwise perfectly offensive. As a result of these fear-based decisions, some of the best contemporary comedy minds are abandoning laughter in favor of admittedly brilliant but serious projects such as Joker, directed by Todd Phillips, and Chernobyl, written by Craig Mazin. These men collaborated on two of the Hangover pictures, which struck gold at the box office. Phillips summed up the general plight of the comedy writer when he said, “It’s hard to argue with 30 million people on Twitter. You just can’t do it. So, you just go, ‘I’m out.’”