paparker21

Learning resources and why aren't we using them?

So, as a beginning skydiver i'm understandably excited and been consuming as much information as possible. I found something last night that struck me as both odd and dismaying though and I wanted to know if this is a trend in the sport or a case of not knowing it exists.

So i've found a handful of decent sites to read articles, safety, training, etc-
dropzone, parachutist, and skydivemag (I'm sure there are others, i'd love to hear about them!)

There are a few podcasts (someone fill in the blanks here- i'm not a big podcast guy so i've not explored them yet)

And on youtube we've got Brian germain, USPA, and BPA, and a couple others. It curious to me, however, that of the mediums discussed, youtube seems to be the least utilized for instruction/training. This could be simply a case of me not looking in the right places- i'd love for someone to point me in the right direction if this is the case. I'm especially let down by USPA's channel- there's some stuff for AFF, and some shorts, but there really isn't much content. When you look at the BPA's channel however, they've got lots of stuff. Great seminars and expo coverage which includes lots of great stuff-- and this is where I noticed it... Basically no views on most of the videos.

There's certainly something to be said for the fact that it's really a go-and-do activity, but there are still some great resources out there and it seems, to me, that they're really underutilized by those in the sport. Why is this? Also, what are some other resources / sites / channels where we can go for additional learning?

Thanks and everyone have a safe weekend- it's looking beautiful locally!