4 4
brenthutch

Meanwhile in the Arctic

8 minutes ago, kallend said:

Trolls do what trolls do as long as people keep feeding them.

I find the concept of blocking people somewhat repugnant and disrespectful. I've come to the conclusion however that you're right. On the internet anyone from a 12 year old  delinquent with a computer. To those with all of the best qualities of human behavior. Each can have the same say. Repetitive statements via posting of information so fundamentally, fatally flawed. As to lead you to believe that they are an uneducated 12 year old. Who takes comic relief from wasting your energy and time. Warrants blocking.

As such I've followed your actions.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

I find the concept of blocking people somewhat repugnant and disrespectful. I've come to the conclusion however that you're right.

Some people can just read people and ignore the more trollish ones.  Others can't.  I have a lot of trouble myself, but then again I can't block people here since I try to read everything.  

The big downside of blocking people is you narrow your exposure to other opinions and points of view.  However, sometimes what you are blocking is simple thoughtless malice - and you don't get any real value from reading such posts.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, billvon said:

Some people can just read people and ignore the more trollish ones. 

The problem I find is that sooner or later I will read something so outrageous that I can't stop myself from responding. And that invariably leads me into a downward spiral of tit for tat messaging. It is far better to as John keeps saying, not feed the trolls. And the best way for me to do that is not to read them.

• Like 2

Why is it when someone makes an unsupported claim like “December tornadoes are unprecedented and a result of global warming” it is fine but when someone refutes that claim with actual data from NOAA, it is considered a troll? Wash, rinse and repeat with: Global temperature, EVs, Green New Deal, coal usage, CO2 emissions, etc etc.  The progressive narrative is gospel anything contrary is blasphemy/trolling.  
Case in point:  progressive narrative is AR15s are dangerous, irresponsible, and ineffective as a personal defense weapon.  Someone points out that the AR platform is reliable, accurate, effective for personal protection, as demonstrated during the Rittenhouse affair.  While every point the author makes is 100% factual, ze is accused of trolling and is banned. 

let the PAs about snowflakery commence 

Edited by brenthutch

11 hours ago, brenthutch said:

with actual data from NOAA

So...what's the official NOAA position on climate change?

You're not using their data, because you have absolutely no capability to analyse it. All you're doing is extreme cherry-picking from the articles they write from their analysis of their own data, and you don't even understand what they write.

So, nice try. This pathetic attempt to ride on the NOAA's coattails has no effect on your argument one bit, because they're not on your side.

Edited by olofscience

4 hours ago, olofscience said:

This pathetic attempt to ride on the NOAA's coattails has no effect on your argument one bit, because they're not on your side.

That's the classic "appeal to authority."  By using NOAA, BH hopes to cloak himself in the same sort of credibility that scientists who use NOAA data accrue.

On 12/24/2021 at 10:54 AM, billvon said:

That's the classic "appeal to authority."  By using NOAA, BH hopes to cloak himself in the same sort of credibility that scientists who use NOAA data accrue.

No, I am just using a consistent source as there are several (UAH, HadCRUT, NASA…)   
As I will show you in a few weeks, another year will has passed with no additional warming, despite ever increasing levels of CO2.  

On 12/23/2021 at 7:13 PM, brenthutch said:

Someone points out that the AR platform is reliable, accurate, effective for personal protection, as demonstrated during the Rittenhouse affair.  

What that affair demonstrated is that our open carry laws and easy access to military style weapons can lead to morons getting off for self defense when they shouldn't have been there in the first place. The asshat was there by his own decision as a vigilante. If he'd have stayed at home the killings would not have occurred.

• Like 1

I'll pre-write the brent template since it's what he will post in a few weeks anyway:

<link>2021 was the 4th-warmest year ever, NOAA says.</link>

brent: "see, I was right and the pause continues despite record high CO2 levels! Do you doubt the NOAA? (more self praise)"

of course, clicking the link will show the NOAA thinks it's pretty bad, but when has that ever stopped the troll?

25 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

What that affair demonstrated is that our open carry laws and easy access to military style weapons can lead to morons getting off for self defense when they shouldn't have been there in the first place. The asshat was there by his own decision as a vigilante.

Hey, if you are a right wing extremist and want to shoot yourself some BLM's, the AR is clearly the weapon to have.

But there aren't that many right wing extremists in the Arctic.  (Well, there were, but they all had to move once the permafrost melted for mysterious reasons that have NOTHING TO DO with global warming.)

1 hour ago, olofscience said:

you haven't shown anything, you never have. Just going to be another link to the NOAA summary (wildly misinterpreting it) or dodgy denier website with an unsourced declaration of rightness.

I will do a more comprehensive end of year wrap up. This will include how full-sized pickup trucks and SUVs outsell EVs, the failure of renewables to meet rising energy demand, the increase in the use of coal the failure of COP26, skyrocketing electricity costs in Europe and how Olof doesn’t know the definition of “different”

Edited by brenthutch

https://www.rgj.com/story/news/2021/12/27/tahoe-breaks-50-year-december-snowfall-record-sierra-winter-storm-ski-resorts-snow-storm-snowpack/9029766002/

“Within a few years winter snowfall will become "a very rare and exciting event"”.

“Children just aren’t going to know what snow is,"

Climate Scientist in the year 2000

9 minutes ago, olofscience said:

This is because you can't argue against people in 2021. You need to bring in old imaginary opponents...

David Viner – March 2000

BTW I don’t need to argue, the snow is doing the talking for me:x

Edited by brenthutch