4 4
brenthutch

Meanwhile in the Arctic

(edited)
2 hours ago, olofscience said:

All of a sudden the NOAA is ignored, maybe because they're saying this in their 2021 summary:

Random blogger, or NOAA? Man, I'm torn...

NOAA has an agenda. From their website. How can anyone trust a government agency with such a mission statement?

Our mission

To understand and predict changes in climate, weather, ocean, and coasts, to share that knowledge and information with others, and to conserve and manage coastal and marine ecosystems and resources.

Edited by gowlerk

2 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

NOAA has an agenda. From their website:

Our mission

To understand and predict changes in climate, weather, ocean, and coasts, to share that knowledge and information with others, and to conserve and manage coastal and marine ecosystems and resources.

I don't see "preserve capital, support industry, and maintain maximum degree of comfort" on there. What good is it?

9_9

Wendy P.

1 minute ago, SkyDekker said:

Yeah that chart clearly shows there is a long cooling trend.....

Half a decade, despite record levels of CO2.  Obviously the climate’s sensitivity to elevated levels of CO2 is not as great as climate crybabies claimed.

(How’s that for an alliteration?)

1 hour ago, brenthutch said:

Half a decade, despite record levels of CO2.  Obviously the climate’s sensitivity to elevated levels of CO2 is not as great as climate crybabies claimed.

(How’s that for an alliteration?)

Like I said, a long cooling trend. You are really proving your point!

As per brent's argument:

as december approaches => it gets colder => but CO2 has increased slightly!

It means CO2 has no effect on climate! If CO2 had an effect, this winter would have been warmer than the summer!

Luckily, unlike brent, people can fit it into their minds that there can be more than one factor that affects the temperature.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, olofscience said:
1 hour ago, olofscience said:

As per brent's argument:

as december approaches => it gets colder => but CO2 has increased slightly!

It means CO2 has no effect on climate! If CO2 had an effect, this winter would have been warmer than the summer!

Luckily, unlike brent, people can fit it into their minds that there can be more than one factor that affects the temperature.

That is why I use NOAA’s data for the entire year.  That’s right, the whole globe for the whole year...end result….COLDER!

I don’t know why this simple fact is so upsetting to you.  You should be relieved at the lack of warming not angry.

“More than one factor” is what I have been saying for YEARS, it is Michael Mann and company who rule out natural variability and claim CO2 is a veritable thermostat for the planet.

1 hour ago, brenthutch said:

Trends can be manipulated.  I will keep it simple.

The globe is cooler than it was six years ago.

Yup, and significantly hotter than 120 years ago.

In life there are people who can see a big picture and there are those who can only handle one little moment at a time.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

And Cooler than 1000 years ago.

I have a feeling you are cherry picking again....probably trying to compare local temp to global temp. 

In life there are people who can see a big picture and there are those who can only handle one little moment at a time.

1 hour ago, SkyDekker said:

I have a feeling you are cherry picking again....probably trying to compare local temp to global temp. 

Agreed, of course the “big picture” covers millennium not just a century.

(edited)
22 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

Weird, you started your masterpiece by saying 5 years was enough to show that CO2 didn't raise temperatures.

No, I said CO2 is not as much of an influence on global temperature as “climate crybabies claimed”

This should not be a surprise, even M. Mann said that CO2 could only go so far to raise temperatures, his hockey stick theory depended on reinforcing factors to kick in and amplify the greenhouse effect (lower ice and snow cover reducing albedo, more water vapor, the release of methane hydrides, cloud cover trapping heat etc.).  As you can clearly see despite rising CO2, temperatures have failed to “hockey stick”, I’m sorry if that upsets you.

image.jpeg

Edited by brenthutch

13 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

No, I said CO2 is not as much of an influence on global temperature as “climate crybabies claimed”

This should not be a surprise, even M. Mann said that CO2 could only go so far to raise temperatures, his hockey stick theory depended on reinforcing factors to kick in and amplify the greenhouse effect (lower ice and snow cover reducing albedo, more water vapor, the release of methane hydrides, cloud cover trapping heat etc.).  As you can clearly see despite rising CO2, temperatures have failed to “hockey stick”, I’m sorry if that upsets you.

image.jpeg

I think the big picture is probably a little bigger than just "climate crybabies". But then again, in life there are people who can see a big picture and there are those who can only handle one little moment at a time.

(edited)
19 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

I think the big picture is probably a little bigger than just "climate crybabies". But then again, in life there are people who can see a big picture and there are those who can only handle one little moment at a time.

If you want to get big, let’s talk about CO2 and temperatures on a geological scale.  Nothing that we are experiencing now is unprecedented nor catastrophic.  If you want to believe the sky is falling go tell Henny Penny, but please spare me.

Edited by brenthutch

3 hours ago, brenthutch said:

This should not be a surprise, even M. Mann said that CO2 could only go so far to raise temperatures, his hockey stick theory depended on reinforcing factors to kick in and amplify the greenhouse effect

Five years back you were one of the people denouncing these second order effects and saying they were imaginary and unproven, that climate loonies were making shit up to scare people.  And here you are, falling back to those same effects you denounced to try to claim that CO2 isn't that significant.

You are your own worst enemy.

(edited)
9 hours ago, billvon said:

Five years back you were one of the people denouncing these second order effects and saying they were imaginary and unproven, that climate loonies were making shit up to scare people.  And here you are, falling back to those same effects you denounced to try to claim that CO2 isn't that significant.

You are your own worst enemy.

The second order effects haven’t shown up to the party (just like I said they wouldn’t) and the effect of additional CO2 is quickly diminishing as you can clearly see in the last six years of NOAA data. The only thing getting hotter is the rhetoric. 

Edited by brenthutch