4 4
brenthutch

Meanwhile in the Arctic

2 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Some warm areas some cold areas some wet areas some dry areas….we used to call that weather.  

What, giving up so easily?

Just because I can google more record warm areas in December than record cold ones?

Now you're saying it's just weather? So by your own admission your own argument was crap.

Thanks for playing.

10 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Some warm areas some cold areas some wet areas some dry areas

You know there's this thing you can do to cut through the random google results.

It's called statistics and requires understanding numbers.

Not that you can (you can't), but you should leave the talking to someone that does.

1 hour ago, olofscience said:

You know there's this thing you can do to cut through the random google results.

It's called statistics and requires understanding numbers.

Not that you can (you can't), but you should leave the talking to someone that does.

That is the beauty of it!  I just have to share, according to NOAA, global warming has continued to stall (despite record levels of CO2) and you have to clamor about in a desperate (yet futile) attempt to prove otherwise.

Sorry for the big words, here is some help,

clam·or
/ˈklamər/

noun

1. a loud and confused noise, especially that of people shouting vehemently.

(I know you had trouble understanding “different”)
Edited by brenthutch

5 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

according to NOAA

So again, what's their position on climate change?

And the only desperate one is you. You simply don't have any answer to my earlier rebuttals - you even rebutted your own argument just now :rofl:

Edited by olofscience

Wrong, you just don't want to admit the answer.

The answer is yes, the NOAA believes that humans are causing climate change. From their website:

Yes, by increasing the abundance of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere, human activities are amplifying Earth’s natural greenhouse effect. Virtually all climate scientists agree that this increase in heat-trapping gases is the main reason for the 1.8°F (1.0°C) rise in global average temperature since the late nineteenth century. 

2 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

How can something that doesn't exist stall?

Today is Tuesday, so it's Type II Denial day.  "Well of course there's global warming - but we have nothing to do with it!"  You're thinking of Monday, which is Type I Denial day.

12 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

Perhaps Samuel L. Jackson can get through  :rofl::`D

There's no getting through to brent :rofl: he needs to believe how clever he is, have you seen how much he praises himself?

All I'm doing is showing the planet-sized holes in his arguments, which is pretty easy. So that other people who might be reading the thread don't fall for his crap. (not that there are many people stupid enough for that, but we do what we can...)

Edited by olofscience
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, kallend said:

I think he just enjoys trolling you guys, and you gratify his need. for troll food.

Sorry Professor but you're mistaken. Brent is practicing in SC and hopes to replace Alex Jones someday. Even become one of Rupert Murdoch's little puppets. Perhaps in the image of Baghdad Bob he can spin the facts for FOX.

43 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

Sorry Professor but you're mistaken. Brent is practicing in SC and hopes to replace Alex Jones someday. Even become one of Rupert Murdoch's little puppets. Perhaps in the image of Baghdad Bob he can spin the facts for FOX.

Being given authority often breeds the belief that you are an authority. That combined with free audiences is both validating and intoxicating.  With most snake oil salesmen the receipts in the drawer eventually cause them to believe that the shit they are selling really is good shit. Rinse, wash, repeat.

15 hours ago, BIGUN said:

Perhaps Samuel L. Jackson can get through  :rofl::`D

Earth Emergency  Richard Gere narrates this new documentary in which…human activity causes dangerous “feedback loops” that can push global warming to a point of no return and discuss what can be done to prevent that. Climate activist Greta Thunberg, Jane Fonda and the Dalai Lama are also featured.”

Samual L Jackson, Richard Gere, Jane Fonda, Greta Thunberg AND the Dalai Lama?!?!  Wow now I’m convinced!  

Edited by brenthutch