1 1
brenthutch

Congratulations to the first female four star

Admiral Rachael Lavigne is surly an inspirational role model to all women and girls.  She is a living, breathing example of what can be achieved through hard work, determination, and chopping off ones penis.

https://www.abc27.com/news/health/former-pa-dept-of-health-secretary-rachel-levine-now-first-openly-transgender-four-star-officer/

I guess, then, that you don’t think she would ever have gotten that far if she’d been a woman. Is that because women are lesser?

As a by-the-by, I personally know a retired SF soldier who is intersex — not transgender, but intersex born with both sets of genitalia. Her parents picked “boy” because they wanted one. She only went into the Army to see if that would make her feel like a male, because nothing else had until then. 

Wendy P. 

20 hours ago, brenthutch said:

Admiral Rachael Lavigne is surly an inspirational role model to all women and girls. ...

Its well established that US military leadership is almost without exception White and Male. Perhaps she is just an example of deflection of the need for diversity?

3 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

Its well established that US military leadership is almost without exception White and Male. Perhaps she is just an example of deflection of the need for diversity?

I’m not sure how diverse it is when even the women are white males.  

1 hour ago, Phil1111 said:

We can always trust Brent to display true knuckle dragging, harry chested thinking.

Again, if someone has a Replicar that looks like a Lamborghint, that's great.  I'm sure it makes them happy.

When they go to register it, however, it's still a Volkswagen.

5 minutes ago, winsor said:

Again, if someone has a Replicar that looks like a Lamborghint, that's great.  I'm sure it makes them happy.

When they go to register it, however, it's still a Volkswagen.

True. And that car is allowed to drive down the street and do everything the other cars are allowed to do.

(edited)
1 hour ago, gowlerk said:

True. And that car is allowed to drive down the street and do everything the other cars are allowed to do.

If you want to join a Lamborghini Owners Club it may be problematic.

Actually, since Lamborghini made more tractors than motorcars, I wouldn't be surprised if the bulk of the qualified members were farmers.

Since J. Edgar Hoover was given to going in drag more often than the cast of Monty Python, it seems that appearing as a man was simply a matter of convention on his part.

Also, James Buchanan and Eleanor Roosevelt make anyone else's claim at being the first gay in the White House problematic.

In any event, Buckminster Fuller's rationale for business suits and short hair was simple.  When putting forth an idea, he did not have time to waste getting over first impressions.   I think Levine's 'transition' rather violates that principle.

BSBD,

Winsor 

Edited by winsor
reflection

On 10/26/2021 at 8:09 AM, brenthutch said:

What do you mean?  She is a woman.

Followed one post later by:

I’m not sure how diverse it is when even the women are white males.  

Looks like you are, once again, either very confused - or trolling.

10 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Gender identity = female 

Biological reality (X and Y chromosomes) = male

Nope.

There are tens of thousands of women who have AIS living in the US.  They are XY.  They are also female.  That's reality; I hope that does not upset you.

3 minutes ago, billvon said:

Nope.

There are tens of thousands of women who have AIS living in the US.  They are XY.  They are also female.  That's reality; I hope that does not upset you.

Good grief, I keep seeing his words quoted even though I have ignored him. I didn't know about the enforced holiday he has been complaining about. But it was quite a bit better in here while he was away. I guess I know who the sock puppet was now. You would think he was feeling that his sexuality was somehow threatened the way he goes on. 

1 hour ago, billvon said:

Nope.

And how does that have anything to do with our newly minted Admiral?  It seems that you are the one suffering from confusion.

A few corrections here.  She is not military.  We have eight uniformed services, but only six branches of military (five of which are defense department).

DoD -- Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, Space Force

Other uniformed services -- Coast Guard (military, in my book), NOAA and Public Health Service.  The last one is the only one where you don't have to promote through the ranks to reach the top.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

One of my sisters-in-law is a retired CDC & Public Health physician/analyst. Retired with the equivalent rank of coronel. Needless to say, she didn’t wear her uniform much 

Wendy P. 

Hi Wendy,

One of my best friends ( and a long-time jumper ) is a ret'd EPA & Public Health Service 0-6.  He's got a much better retirement than I do.

Jerry Baumchen

15 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

A XX male is unable to sire two children.

OK. How about XYY, XXYY, XYYY, but wait, what about XYYYY? What about the brain's effect on gender? I know, what about women born with higher levels of testosterone? etc. etc. Like I said, not everything is boolean. Now, I'm not going to tell you I know everything about it, but I know enough to know that I can't take a hard stand on saying what someone is or isn't. That's between them and their Doctors. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

OK. How about XYY, XXYY, XYYY, but wait, what about XYYYY? What about the brain's effect on gender? I know, what about women born with higher levels of testosterone? etc. etc. Like I said, not everything is boolean. Now, I'm not going to tell you I know everything about it, but I know enough to know that I can't take a hard stand on saying what someone is or isn't. That's between them and their Doctors. 

You are right, however that has nothing to do with my OP.  Admiral Lavine is none of that.  Why can’t we just celebrate the accomplishments of our first female four star?