BleuCiel

Funny Skydiving Nicknames

A few years ago a guy on his CAT A has a cutaway over the Peanut Festival in VA. The main landed behind the tents and police surrounded it stating there was a "body" under the canopy. After convincing them that the skydiver landed safely under his reserve canopy back at the dz they sent the news crew over to interview him.....his nickname...Peanut!

From "Terminal Cahos" early 8-way team Elsinore 1976:
"Long Death" Giles
"Near Death" Shehan
"Death Ray" D-Ray
"Space Death" me
"Dr. Death" Ayers

Elsinore
"Godflicker" Jenkins
"Ma" Handbury
"Twitch" Terry Ward
"Stonley"
"SKR" Skratch
"Capt. Hook" Al
"Swovelin Sisters"
"Janner" bestowed by Paul Williams
"Purple Patty" 'Perusa'

Hinckley, Mid 70's
"Red" Kosteba
"Kong" Bohr
"Wildman" Wallace
"Streak of Shit" Mahr
"Whitey" Jim
"Fedo" Boogie King
"Dirty Billy" Bishop
"Monkey" Jorgeson
"Pirate" Brink
"Twink"
"Eagle" Buchman
"Jet Man" Baron
Pat Works nee Madden Travis Works, Jr .B1575, C1798, D1813, Star Crest Solo#1, USPA#189,

"Pussy-Pull"
Guy gave himself the name. After having a two-out, he said, "I must've given a pussy pull on my pilot chute".
:D

Every fight is a food fight if you're a cannibal

Goodness is something to be chosen. When a man cannot choose, he ceases to be a man. - Anthony Burgess

first time my AFF instructor turned me loose in freefall i became "Spin Spinerton" ended up dumping around 7 or 8 grand, surprised AFFI to not have a single line twist.

when i was living on Z-hills, a guy from MI had the nickname "ball-sack jack" from when he climbed into a 182 and his shorts split open and his package fell out onto the floor of the aircraft. he fell into the fire pit at Z-hills buck naked and his nickname was adjusted to "burnt ball-sack jack"

Six years ago I crashed paragliding and had a compression fractured L1. A non flying buddy was visiting me in the hospital. So you broke your back on a mountain eh Pete? Broke back Petey ha ha ha ha. A few people called me that but the flying community never heard it.

cjsgrlsx3

A few years ago a guy on his CAT A has a cutaway over the Peanut Festival in VA. The main landed behind the tents and police surrounded it stating there was a "body" under the canopy. After convincing them that the skydiver landed safely under his reserve canopy back at the dz they sent the news crew over to interview him.....his nickname...Peanut!

Solid strategy for ensuring your main doesn't get lost =).

I got my nickname (rough english translation: ice-rabbit) during AFF 1-4. I was WAAAY too tense in the air, it took a bit of tunneltime to solve that. I may still have some residual freefall fear, because it's been at least 40-50 CRW-jumps since my last freefall jump.

This guy was before my time, but at the "Old Spaceland" there was a guy they nicknamed "Harness Rash" after one of his more entertaining excuses not to jump.

Apparently the guy would get up the plane and find a variety of creative ways to back out, and one day he said he couldn't go because of a harness rash from a previous jump.
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX