BleuCiel

Funny Skydiving Nicknames

Back in the day, at my first DZ in Canada, I was considered the coolest of dudes, and was known as the 'Iceman'.
"It's hard to have fun at 4-way unless your whole team gets down to the ground safely to do it again!"--Northern California Skydiving League re USPA Safety Day, March 8, 2014

One evening after jumping concluded at Zhills, Mark was conned into doing an "Atomic sit up". After a nose full of asshole and balls on his chin, he was known as "Ballsack". Until he later tried to start a borrowed dirt bike from the wrong side. He either bent the hell out of the shifter, or broke it clean off. Can't remember. He's called "Kickstart" now... ;)

I'm behind the bar at Sloppy Joe's....See ya in the Keys!

Muff 4313

One girl got a bit enthusiastic about getting into place in the doorway and managed to knock her teamie (who was outside) off the plane entirely. When the group got down, the girl who was knocked off the plane complained that her team-mate had barged her out of the way, though the perpertrator protested her innocence. The whole thing was caught on video and was pretty clear-cut so after that the she was known as "Barge" :D

A mind once stretched by a new idea never regains its original dimensions - Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr

there was a guy at Bardstown Kentucky who was nicknamed either danger Dan or dangerous Dan . I never heard the backstory on that but then one of the hog roast boogies he flew in on his ultralight. and landed on the width of the runway.:o coming over the top of one tree roll to a stop just short of the tree line. I was like oh now I get it

i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

Golo.
Cannonball.
Peterpowerpole.
Kornkob.
Barrybattlestar.
Beverlybreakaway.
Tommytwochutes.
SFB (shitforbrains).
Ronnieracer.

Also PAWA our pilot. (Piss, (beer) Aeroplanes, Women, Alriiggghhhtt,).

In truth he was a one beer wonder.....

Prolly another 20 or 30 I can't remember right now.....
My computer beat me at chess, It was no match for me at kickboxing....

"Mark the Narc"
"Crazy Ed" (there are many Crazy Ed's in the world.
"Ganja" (because his last name was Weed)
"Maplehart," or "Dougie Maplehart" (neither was related to his real name)
"Wragg" because when your last name is "Wragg" you have an automatic skydiving nickname

"Pilot Error" for one of our pilots

Four of the six above are dead. Maybe we should avoid nicknames.

-- Jeff
My Skydiving History

darkwing

"Mark the Narc"
"Crazy Ed" (there are many Crazy Ed's in the world.
"Ganja" (because his last name was Weed)
"Maplehart," or "Dougie Maplehart" (neither was related to his real name)
"Wragg" because when your last name is "Wragg" you have an automatic skydiving nickname

Need the back-story behind "Mapleheart".

Landed off the DZ, took a detour through a field of corn, grabbed a couple of cobs for lunch, a cop came along and charged him with theft.

His wife absolutely hates the nickname, but most jumpers don't know him by any other name....he's had it for 40 years....
My computer beat me at chess, It was no match for me at kickboxing....

xsniper

Stable (cause he wasn't)
Sugar Britches
Axel
Bookworm
Comet (as he passed the formation)

All right, ladies and gentlemen. Some of these nicknames are obvious and require no further explanation. But others like "Axel" and "Bookworm" do not seem to have any relationship to skydiving. Those kind require that you provide the story behind them, so that we can understand and be entertained. Thank you.

Oh, and about "Sugar Britches": because they were sweet?

Student in Deland hung his main on the ""wind sock". By the time he went on the next load they had changed his name in manifest. When he went back up to new england area the name was waiting for him.
FUBAR
Notso and Notto the Bright brothers: Herd members
U only make 2 jumps: the first one for some weird reason and the last one that you lived through. The rest are just filler.
scr 316

xsniper

Stable (cause he wasn't)
Sugar Britches
Axel
Bookworm
Comet (as he passed the formation)

I want to jump with comet:P
i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .