SkyMako

See anything wrong in this photo?

SkyMako

***Who pitches between their legs? :D

Well, we can't see how long the loose end is, to know if it could interfere with pilot chute extraction. Likely? No. Possible? Yes. What if the pilot chute falls back into his tracking burble and flops around behind his ass? And why take the chance when the fix is so simple and easy?

If you're so worried about PC extraction, you'd better not do any naked jumps. That 'fix' isn't so easy.

I also recommend that you tuck your shoelaces in. You never know.
Every fight is a food fight if you're a cannibal

Goodness is something to be chosen. When a man cannot choose, he ceases to be a man. - Anthony Burgess

I'm not saying it isn't a risk, but think about it realistically. She jumps a lot, like, I'd love to jump as much as her. She probably flies in all sorts of orientations as well while practicing, organizing, and fun jumping. If that slack was actually long enough to interfere with a hypothetical "PC between the legs", it'd be long enough to sit there and smack her legs/back/stomach constantly throughout the jump which would be pretty annoying and likely shortened real quick.[url]
My gut says that the perspective makes it look longer than it is. I'm just as worried about the bungee that keeps my booties tight interfering with my PC as that slack.

For small framed people, the risk, or even just the feeling, of the legstraps slipping off toward the knee is totally worth the tradeoff IMHO.

Considering she's a badass well known tracker and freeflier I'd say it's configuring your gear properly for what your specialty is, by decreasing a bigger risk and accepting a small increase in another department.

Of course, if such a trade off is worth or not, that is a very personal choice that should be done by each and everyone of us, ideally after putting some thoughts into it.
I'm standing on the edge
With a vision in my head
My body screams release me
My dreams they must be fed... You're in flight.

Depending on the lens that was used to take the picture, he might not be as close as it appears.

Also, that's how most angle dives end up going anyway. LoL
I'm standing on the edge
With a vision in my head
My body screams release me
My dreams they must be fed... You're in flight.

Di0

Depending on the lens that was used to take the picture, he might not be as close as it appears.

Also, that's how most angle dives end up going anyway. LoL

That's why I qualified my comment somewhat.

However the point remains valid, that lurking in a position like that can have a negative consequence, something less experienced jumpers, particularly, should be aware of.

Horizontal separation is important for continued good health.
My computer beat me at chess, It was no match for me at kickboxing....

Di0

For small framed people, the risk, or even just the feeling, of the legstraps slipping off toward the knee is totally worth the tradeoff IMHO.

Considering she's a badass well known tracker and freeflier I'd say it's configuring your gear properly for what your specialty is, by decreasing a bigger risk and accepting a small increase in another department.

Of course, if such a trade off is worth or not, that is a very personal choice that should be done by each and everyone of us, ideally after putting some thoughts into it.

Heck, it doesn't even have to be a trade-off of one or the other. You can have the leg straps tied together with the usual bungee cord attached to a tab on each leg strap, so that you eliminate the slipping leg strap problem, without any down-side of having loose stuff flopping around behind you in the vicinity of your pilot chute bridle. And since that can be done, then you don't need to accept even that small risk of using a pull-up cord to tie the leg straps together. Just have a rigger set it up properly for you, without jerry-rigging it.

My 2¢.

obelixtim

Not sure if she is aware of him or not, or what stage the dive is at, but the camera flyer seems to be right in her blind spot.

Not a good place to be if she pitches.

He is not in her blind spot. He is right in front of her. Look at the angle the jumpers are to the ground.
-------------------------------------------------------

To absent friends

Pobrause

*** Not sure if she is aware of him or not, or what stage the dive is at, but the camera flyer seems to be right in her blind spot.

He is not in her blind spot. He is right in front of her. Look at the angle the jumpers are to the ground.

Wut?????
My computer beat me at chess, It was no match for me at kickboxing....

obelixtim

****** Not sure if she is aware of him or not, or what stage the dive is at, but the camera flyer seems to be right in her blind spot.

Wut?????

While it is definitely her blindspot, I think what he means is that the camera flyer would be just fine if she pitched right then. He is above and in front of her, and any deployment would happen behind her. Doesn't look like a wide angle either so I don't think he's close enough for her to be able to flare into him before pitching.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

jakee

********* Not sure if she is aware of him or not, or what stage the dive is at, but the camera flyer seems to be right in her blind spot.

Wut?????

While it is definitely her blindspot, I think what he means is that the camera flyer would be just fine if she pitched right then. He is above and in front of her, and any deployment would happen behind her. Doesn't look like a wide angle either so I don't think he's close enough for her to be able to flare into him before pitching.
I wanna be part of this fun!

You can see her left eye, so no blind spot there!
By the angle of shadows, both on ground structures and fifth flap - there is no way danger of pitching impact!
What goes around, comes later.

normiss

Then it becomes a fun game of finding the eye!

If Frenchy was there he'd just ask you a few questions and in a couple of hours you'd have your eye back ...along with a lecture about how you should either secure it better or don't jump with it.