SkyMako

See anything wrong in this photo?

This comes from the two-page center-fold spread, "Parachutist", June, 2015, right half of the picture.

For some reason it's fun scanning the magazine photos to see if you can spot potential problems with people's gear setups. and I see a minor item here. Not the helmet camera. Can you guess it?

[inline Capture.jpg]

Loose shirt tail - potential for covering emergency handles in case of a mal?
My Dad used to ask me if someone jumped off a bridge would I do that too? No, but if they jumped out of an airplane, that's a different question...

Maybe something near the main handle seems out of place - a little bit of bridle or whatever visible when it should all be tucked away.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

TampaPete

Pull up cord on the leg straps.

It looks like he's using the pull up cord as a "butt bungee."

Depending on how it's tied on, nothing wrong with it.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

In the fifth chapter of st Lucas it is written that she, who wears a G3, must wear cool sunglasses.
In violation to that law she risks to loose many likes on facebook.

Rookie mistake...
-------------------------------------------------------

To absent friends

By performing Atmonauti he is using metaphysical experience to transgress the boundaries of our universe's laws of physics, which may cause a singularity gravitational event to compress the universe into a cosmic-level black hole?

Or possibly not. It could go either way.

---------------------------------------------------------
(For the science nerds out there, thanks to Dr Alan Sokal for inspiration.)

TampaPete

Pull up cord on the leg straps.

Way to go, TampaPete - you got my issue on the first response. That pull-up cord might be used to tie his leg straps together, but if that's the case, he shouldn't leave all that slack hanging out loose to snag a pilot chute bridle.

All those other issues, wow, I had no idea. You guys caught stuff I hadn't even imagined! Amazing amount of knowledge, and sharp eyes, present here. Thanks for the learning experience.

The shirt seems tucked in to the leg straps very well, I don't really see that one as being a problem.

normiss

Who pitches between their legs? :D

Well, we can't see how long the loose end is, to know if it could interfere with pilot chute extraction. Likely? No. Possible? Yes. What if the pilot chute falls back into his tracking burble and flops around behind his ass? And why take the chance when the fix is so simple and easy?