1 1
Swanson

Will it fit?

Does anyone have any firsthand knowledge whether a Smart 190 reserve canopy will fit in a VC4 Curve 2.0?

There is conflicting data online. It’s not listed by name as compatible but according to the pack capacity and the packable volume it should fit. I called Rigging Innovations but quite honestly, the rep I spoke with didn’t really fill me with confidence in his answer. 

So what all do you think?

(edited)

If I were your rigger I would say no thank you to packing it. I have not actually had to try to do that, But I have tried to pack a PD-193 into one and I made the customer get a 176 instead. In my experience Smarts pack larger than PDRs. I have packed an OPT 193 into one.

Published volume estimates of canopies are not to be trusted.

Edited by gowlerk

10 hours ago, gowlerk said:

If I were your rigger I would say no thank you to packing it. I have not actually had to try to do that, But I have tried to pack a PD-193 into one and I made the customer get a 176 instead. In my experience Smarts pack larger than PDRs. I have packed an OPT 193 into one.

Published volume estimates of canopies are not to be trusted.

Thanks for the input.