3 3
michaelmullins

41,000' HALO Oxygen Jump 16 October 2021

6 hours ago, SethInMI said:

Nope. 11k just for you.

(from doc posted by mike in other thread:)

image.png.b4eb8f7f88956a58c63747896b365b81.png

Make no mistake about it, they've committed a lot of capital to this venture. It's a rare aircraft that can reach FL410. They aren't cheap and you pay for maintenance with game show checks, you know the big ones like they give out on TV. Then there is all of the ground crew, O2 equipment, and maintenance and on and on. Then you need someone qualified to fly the missions. Yes, $11K is a bag of loot but they wont be doing 20-30 loads a day like a regular day at the zone. It's a premium product at a premium cost but they are a long way from making money so good on them.

(edited)
14 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

Make no mistake about it, they've committed a lot of capital to this venture. It's a rare aircraft that can reach FL410. They aren't cheap and you pay for maintenance with game show checks, you know the big ones like they give out on TV. Then there is all of the ground crew, O2 equipment, and maintenance and on and on. Then you need someone qualified to fly the missions. Yes, $11K is a bag of loot but they wont be doing 20-30 loads a day like a regular day at the zone. It's a premium product at a premium cost but they are a long way from making money so good on them.

Obviously this is a niche product with a limited demand. Skydivers will talk about it and its price endlessly. No doubt the regular pricing strategy of relying on volume to cover costs is a no starter here. I have not seen the spreadsheets or the calculations that went into the decision, but obviously once it becomes clear that the price needs to be so high that only a select few can afford it then the next question is simply "how high is too high?". In time Mike will find out how well his investment will pay off, or how much money he will lose if the market says "thanks, but no thanks" to the offer. I'm hoping the very unique venture is at least successful enough to last for a while. If you are one of the fortunate people who can afford this and want to do it my advice is to get on it ASAP. Something like this may not last very long and you could end up regretting the missed opportunity. 

As for me personally? I am not among the 1% of skydivers!  

Edited by gowlerk

21 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

Obviously this is a niche product with a limited demand. Skydivers will talk about it and its price endlessly. No doubt the regular pricing strategy of relying on volume to cover costs is a no starter here. I have not seen the spreadsheets or the calculations that went into the decision, but obviously once it becomes clear that the price needs to be so high that only a select few can afford it then the next question is simply "how high is too high?". In time Mike will find out how well his investment will pay off, or how much money he will lose if the market says "thanks, but no thanks" to the offer. I'm hoping the very unique venture is at least successful enough to last for a while. If you are one of the fortunate people who can afford this and want to do it my advice is to get on it ASAP. Something like this may not last very long and you could end up regretting the missed opportunity. 

As for me personally? I am not among the 1% of skydivers!  

Sure to all of that. But the whole thing takes cohones and that I admire. Having been on all of the World Team jumps, the Arizona 300 way, the 200 way, the Chicago jumps and others I've made a lot of over 20-24K skydives so my interest at the $11K level has waned to a low level. That said, it would be cool to do and you'd have a damn impressive answer the next time a whuffo asks you what's the highest you've jumped from.

• Like 1

(edited)
2 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

Sure to all of that. But the whole thing takes cohones and that I admire. Having been on all of the World Team jumps, the Arizona 300 way, the 200 way, the Chicago jumps and others I've made a lot of over 20-24K skydives so my interest at the $11K level has waned to a low level. That said, it would be cool to do and you'd have a damn impressive answer the next time a whuffo asks you what's the highest you've jumped from.

Hi Joe,

Re:  you'd have a damn impressive answer the next time a whuffo asks you what's the highest you've jumped from.

I've known quite a few jumpers who have never let the truth keep them from telling some BS about their jumping exploits when talking to whuffos.

Just sayin,

Jerry Baumchen

PS)  I've got one jump from 23k, good enough for me.

PPS)  Paid $7.50 for that 23k jump.  687787909_ThumbsUp.jpg.04921c42791d64f18c566dec182a1bb3.jpg

Edited by JerryBaumchen

On 10/8/2021 at 12:05 AM, michaelmullins said:
West Tennessee Skydiving has one slot available for a 41,000' HALO Oxygen Jump on Saturday 16 October with a weather date of Sunday 17 October.
This jump is being offered at the discounted group rate of $11,000.

Cheyenne 400LS at West Tennessee Skydiving 1.jpg

We have filled the avialable slot to 41,000' on 16 Oct 2021, sorry if you missed the chance.

@Rover

"why?" you asked.

I'd pay a 1-2k to do it once. Why? I dunno, because it would be cool somehow to push your own envelope, jump out into literally thin air, higher than commercial airliners. Any time I would be flying commercial I could look out the window and see the view to the ground and say to myself, "I was in the air like I am in this plane now".

That would be worth something to me. Not worth 11k though.  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, SethInMI said:

@Rover

"why?" you asked.

I'd pay a 1-2k to do it once. Why? I dunno, because it would be cool somehow to push your own envelope, jump out into literally thin air, higher than commercial airliners. Any time I would be flying commercial I could look out the window and see the view to the ground and say to myself, "I was in the air like I am in this plane now".

That would be worth something to me. Not worth 11k though.  

Hi Seth,

Here is one option:  HALO Skydiving - SkyDance SkyDiving

Jerry Baumchen

• Like 1

@dudeman17

re: identity of passenger (from incidents thread as to not clog it up):

I wonder about that too. I assume a business person of some kind, as most rich people fall into that category.

Where did Mike advertise these 41k jumps? Somehow you have to get word to the rich thrill seekers of the world that this service is available.

I also would not be surprised if Mike throws / threw in one or two std. alt. tandems just to make sure the pax is comfortable with the experience.