PeteW

Shaky hands after landing.

I'm not worried about this but I haven't seen too many other people with this. I have just returned to skydivng after 9 years. But I had this after pretty much every jump. I'm a bit jittery while getting gear on, but calm while in the plane, climb out is very relaxed, free fall and canopy ride is fine. But after I land I can barely get the toggles back in the keepers. If I hold my hands out they are shaking like crazy. Is this just an after effect of the flight or flight response?

Perfectly normal adrenaline cycle. You should be affected less and less with each jump and it doesn't take long before you completely "out grow" it.

Whatever the perceived danger may be, your brain is hard-wired to send a surge of adrenaline through your body...

its function is to make you faster, stronger, and feel less pain - which are survival traits.

The after-effects of an adrenaline surge are also something you should be aware of...

Firstly, your hands can shake, and you can feel quite weak. This is simply a result of the falling blood sugar that was pumped into your system to provide the energy needed for a flight-or-fight survival response.

Or it could be Parkinsons.Laugh

Muhummad Ali has it too.

Jumping right over ALS are we?

[echo]Yet today I consider myself the luckiest skydiver on the face of this earth. [/echo]
Shit happens. And it usually happens because of physics.

flyhi

Or it could be Parkinsons.Laugh

Muhummad Ali has it too.

Jumping right over ALS are we?

[echo]Yet today I consider myself the luckiest skydiver on the face of this earth. [/echo]

PC Nazi?

I also tell jokes about cancer, baby dolphins, and vegetarians....

Gallows humour.....Skydivers have been known to use it.
My computer beat me at chess, It was no match for me at kickboxing....

I wouldn't worry too much about it. You are calm during the important portions. I once had a 27 year layoff and upon landing was shaking like a dog shitting razor blades. It will likely get better.

Yeah I just enjoy it for now. On Saturday I did 5 or 6 backflips on exit. Felt great, standup landing right on target. I was high as a kite lol.

If my hands arent shaking when i get down, i didnt hook it low enough... my hands are almost always a little shakey when i land. Totally normal
I was that kid jumping out if his tree house with a bed sheet. My dad wouldn't let me use the ladder to try the roof...

I remember at around 30ish jumps doing a diving exit and noticing my right hand twitching in freefall during my dive - yes adrenalin rush; will go away in a few more jumps.
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

PeteW

I'm not worried about this but I haven't seen too many other people with this. I have just returned to skydivng after 9 years. But I had this after pretty much every jump. I'm a bit jittery while getting gear on, but calm while in the plane, climb out is very relaxed, free fall and canopy ride is fine. But after I land I can barely get the toggles back in the keepers. If I hold my hands out they are shaking like crazy. Is this just an after effect of the flight or flight response?

you're "young" in the sport and it diminishes as jumps get logged.

your next one on the hit parade is performance fear. being where you're supposed to be, not being where you're not supposed to be, and avoiding freefall or canopy collisions, all with cost.

i land, drop my helmet and fiddle with my ger and then set my brakes and toggles. that's after landing around the student landing area, and walking back to the hanger to start breathing again.

FlyingRhenquest

******You should harness that power...and jerk off right after landing.

Lol is that standard dz etiquette?

It probably wouldn't be considered a foul...

Just do it in the middle of the student landing field!
Hah!
Hah!

riggerrob

*********You should harness that power...and jerk off right after landing.

Lol is that standard dz etiquette?

It probably wouldn't be considered a foul...

Just do it in the middle of the student landing field!
Hah!
Hah!

Ha ha wouldn't that freak out some newbies.

Two more jumps today and the shakes are gone.