1 1
wmw999

Captain Kirk flying to space

Jeff Bezos’s New Shepherd rocket will take a new group into space, including William Shatner, the original Star Trek Captain Kirk. No matter your opinion of his company, rocket, or hairstyle, there’s something cool to me that two of his first passengers are one of the women who were tested for the astronaut core in the early 1960’s, before being told “sorry, ain’t gonna happen,” and Captain Kirk :D

Wendy P. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, riggerrob said:

none of the astronauts or recovery crew wore masks

I suspect they have been either quarantining and/or using covid tests in addition to vaccination. Masks are more for being around people whose prior contacts you don't know. (IMHO)

On 10/5/2021 at 6:51 AM, wmw999 said:

Jeff Bezos’s New Shepherd rocket will take a new group into space, including William Shatner, the original Star Trek Captain Kirk...

I saw a blurb on the news last night, and Shatner was yammering on about 'what you have given me...', 'my experience this', 'me me me that', and all I could think was, Shatner, this had nothing to do with you. It was about the public seeing Captain Kirk in space. You just happened to be the Hollywood idiot who played him.

20 hours ago, dudeman17 said:

I saw a blurb on the news last night, and Shatner was yammering on about 'what you have given me...', 'my experience this', 'me me me that', and all I could think was, Shatner, this had nothing to do with you. It was about the public seeing Captain Kirk in space. You just happened to be the Hollywood idiot who played him.

Yup. By most accounts, Shatner is a full blown douche.

3 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Yup. By most accounts, Shatner is a full blown douche.

But I actually like the guy. He seems to have a pretty good sense of humor, even about himself. I especially liked his 'Denny Crane' on 'Boston Legal', with James Spader.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, dudeman17 said:

But I actually like the guy. He seems to have a pretty good sense of humor, even about himself. I especially liked his 'Denny Crane' on 'Boston Legal', with James Spader.

He's a pretty good actor. I liked TJ Hooker when I was younger.
Apparently, he shows up on time, knows his lines well, doesn't alienate the rest of the cast and crew on set, overall behaves himself well.

None of that changes how he behaves out in the 'real world'.