RoamingDZ.com

The_Don has left the building

Just wanted to take a minute and let everyone know that The_Don has left the building. On September 24th Don was working on their property and encountered a yellow jackets nest while on the lawn mower. He told his wife Jean that he was stung approximately five times. He had no previous history of any type of bee sting allergies. Within approximately 5 minutes of parking the lawn mower and getting into the house he began to have breathing problems, went into anaphylactic shock and passed away.

We met Don and Jean at the first Dublin boogie where Don made his first skydive. He became my right hand at the event and helped us tremendously as the event grew. He ultimately went on to complete AFF at several different drop zones and made Skydive Atlanta his home DZ. Jean went on to make her first jump soon after and became a licensed skydiver also.

I have lost a lot of friends over the years both in and out of the sport, I have to say that this is a tough one.

• Like 1