trab1925

After 10 years of being a member on this forum, I finally jumped!

I joined this forum when I was about 16, nearly 10 years ago. I'm finally all grown up with a real job and can afford it.

I did my first AFF yesterday, and it was simply amazing. I couldn't even think for the first 10 seconds. It was pure zen. I had 6 minutes in a tunnel, and I was in shock immediately after jumping. It simply just didn't make any sense to me. But then shook myself out of it and started my practice touches. The falling part is pretty fun, but the canopy ride was the real fun part.

Some of the regulars at the DZ were very helpful, one guy taught me how to daisy chain my lines.

It was well worth the wait. I am hopefully going to try to do AFF #2 and 3 in a couple of weekends from now.

Just had to tell someone.
panicked did a 180 and nosed it down into a road and hit a car.Hit a car how many planes with skydivers have a car accident? Only here.
-recovercrachead

NooB. Hell I have been here since the rec.skydiveing.org. days
And my jumping career pre dates rec. By a bunch
:P but Jk welcome to the best sport on the planet.

i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

GD64

You have exhibited two very important qualities, persistence and discipline. Not going all "Yoda"... but as a small business person, it's nice to see that. Serve you well, it will.

There, I fixed it for you. :ph34r:

To the OP,
Welcome to the skies.
I'm standing on the edge
With a vision in my head
My body screams release me
My dreams they must be fed... You're in flight.

You read these forums for 10 years and still decided to join the sport? I'll raise a glass to that.

I'll bet you have forgotten more skydiving trivia and bullshit than most A licence jumpers will ever know.
It's flare not flair, brakes not breaks, bridle not bridal, "could NOT care less" not "could care less".

Hell yea! Welcome to your new addiction. Make sure to LISTEN to other jumpers on the ground. You'll learn a metric shit-ton just from listening and asking the occasional question. It only gets better from here.
"The lizards were a race of people practically extinct from doing things smart people don't do."

Thanks to all! I did jumped # 2 and 3 last weekend. It was a great feeling to be let go on my own. On Jump 3 my instructors let me go about 10 seconds after exiting the plane. One of my instructors started sinking and I tried following him which was a bad idea because the other instructor was the one who was more experienced and he was by my side the entire time. But I was still on my own and pulled at 5.5k, so it all ended well but I definitely learned a lesson to not get distracted and just do what's best for me because I was stable and doing fine without instructor #2.

Unfortunately my clutch in my car went out this week and the weather was not so great, so I had to skip a weekend of jumping. But that's OK! I'll be right back to it soon enough.

Thanks all to the good wishes. You guys are awesome and I can't express my appreciation enough for how much information this forum has given me!!
panicked did a 180 and nosed it down into a road and hit a car.Hit a car how many planes with skydivers have a car accident? Only here.
-recovercrachead