2 2
KamilPietrzak

GT-R vs jfx2

Which one you would take?

JFX2 has strong position on market and it's well known canopy, GT-R is something new and there isn't so much opinions about it.

Currently I fly x-fire and I like this canopy, so that's why I'm considering GT-R from same company, but in most cases people take jfx2 as next step canopy.

I'm looking forward to read your opinion.

GT-R is a more advanced canopy and not really adequate for somebody flying crossbraced for the first time. Think of it like a Valkyrie, Leia or (W)airwolf. For going from X-Fire to something more advanced probably JFX2 or Gangster are better options.

Ive never flown a GT-R but have plenty of jumps on JFX and JFX2s. I honestly cannot speak highly enough of the JFX2, its a great wing - as they say a hassle free cross braced.  Openings are fantastic, performance is great and its a lot of fun. 

As you say the JFX2 is more well known which may make it easier to get a hold of one second hand or to sell later on. 

Finally I chosen JFX2 and I'm glad that I took this one. I got 180 jumps on it right now :) 

Anyway - xfire(not crossfire) is super aggressive canopy, even if it's not crossbraced, still gives a lot of harness response and tends to dive - so going from it directly to GTR or other more aggressive canopies doesn't have to be bad idea :) After I switched from xfire113 to jfx2 84 I felt a little disappointed(with my expectations) - cause both canopies responses with harness almost same way, even when jfx is much smaller :) So it looks like xfire can prepare jumper pretty well for smaller and crossbraced canopies :)