1 1
billvon

Another sad story

Another sad, and all too familiar, story, spelled out in Facebook captures.

Chapter 1 - a devout man testifies that the blood of Jesus works so much better than sanitizers to fight COVID.

Chapter 2 - things get a bit angrier when the man takes offense at distancing rules.

Chapter 3 - now violence is threatened, as he enjoys imagining shooting people in the face.

Chapter 4 - the inevitable "you are all scared sheep" announcement, and that it's all a media scare.

Chapter 5 - the hopeful post from his wife - he's sick but he will beat this easily!

Chapter 6 - the less hopeful post from his wife, who is angry that they will not consider him for a lung transplant because of "politics."

Chapter 7 - the inevitable result.

And this is not (and should not be taken as) a "haha" event.  This is a man with a family who clearly loved him.  Perhaps they found his politics a little tiresome -  but then, most people's are.  And it was a completely avoidable death.

I sometimes think that if the right people see these stories, there would be fewer of them.

cd1.PNG

cd2.PNG

cd3.PNG

cd4.PNG

cd5.PNG

cd6.PNG

cd7.PNG

I don't get sad about these things anymore than I get sad about getting wet if I go out in the rain without an umbrella.

Maybe that makes me a terrible person, but this family were given every chance for this NOT to happen and they deliberately chose to do otherwise.

I'll save my sadness for people who have terrible uninvited things happen to them, like the family of the baby that was shot in Florida this morning.

Edited by yoink
  • Like 4

31 minutes ago, kallend said:

Suicide by religion gets no sympathy from me.  No sadness here.

I just hope his attempts at influencing others fail miserably.

That's my view and I make no apologies. Really they aren't just suicide anti vaxxers they're homicide antivaxxers.

• Like 2

I've linked the Herman Cain Awards sub on Reddit a couple times.

I said a while back that I'm done being nice to these idiots.

They don't care about anyone else, they also don't think they're going to get it.

When they do, they 'gnash their teeth and rend their garments', and beg for the 'prayer warriors' to 'storm the gates of Heaven with prayers'. They go so far as to coordinate the times of the prayers so God gets a lot of them at once (funny how a denial of service attack on God's "prayer servers" seems to be a good idea).
Then, of course, they start a 'GoFundMe' page to cover the costs of the funeral and the fact that many times the man was the sole provider for the family. 

There's an interesting piece on the mentality of the Anti-Vax types. Not a 'suicide cult', but a "homicide cult".
https://timjwise.medium.com/covid-anti-vaxxers-arent-a-maga-death-cult-it-s-worse-than-that-16d74186e46b

From it:

Indifference to the suffering of others is why Trump’s minions wouldn’t mask. They didn’t care that they might infect people, despite being asymptomatic.

When you would tell them repeatedly that wearing a mask was less for the wearer than for others, they shrugged. If other folks are at risk, they should stay home and let the rest of us get back to the gym, the hairdresser, concerts, movies, and tailgate parties before the big game. I mean, this giant foam finger isn’t gonna wave itself.

Their freedom to do as they pleased was more important than other people’s lives.

Suicidal people don’t act or think that way. Homicidal people do.

Indifference to others is why they routinely violated social distancing requirements in stores, getting in people’s faces, coughing on them, yelling at them, just for being asked to wear a mask in keeping with a retailer’s policy or state or local mandate.

Because although they weren’t concerned about getting COVID themselves, they ultimately didn’t care if you did.

Suicidal people don’t act or think that way. Homicidal people do.

Most who refused to mask (and reject the vaccine now) are not full-blown virus deniers. Instead, they simply didn’t believe — and still don’t — that it can harm people like them.

But if you know it can harm others who aren’t like you, and you still refuse to take the measures that reduce the risk of spreading the virus to them, you are a sociopath.

If you refuse a vaccine when you have no valid health reason to do so (as almost no one does), thereby keeping the virus alive longer by increasing the risk of mutations, you are saying that other people’s lives don’t matter to you.

And if you expected to be infected, hospitalized, and die, you would never take these risks.

That’s what these ICU confessions signify — that they care about their own lives quite a bit, whatever they might think of others.

Now that it’s caught up with them, the tears flow, and the panic sets in their faces as they wonder what they’ve done to themselves.

Because they never wanted to die, they just didn’t care if other people did.

Living proof of 'actions have consequences'. More so that stupidity has consequences.

I don't think we've seen a 'culling event' on this scale in a long time. 
Interesting that many of the people being culled are essentially co-conspirators in their own deaths.

Also from the linked article:

I cannot feel sorry for them.

I cannot cry for people who thought their Facebook friends, some stranger on Reddit, or a guy who told them ingesting bleach could kill COVID were better to listen to than their doctor.

I cannot weep for someone who thought the “blood of Jesus” was all the vaccine they needed.

These people put us all at risk for their perverted understanding of faith and freedom, or to signal their allegiance to Donald Trump.

They symbolize the shriveled heart of modern conservatism — a conservatism that begins and ends with anti-liberalism. Whatever a liberal says, they must oppose, regardless of consequence. It is a politic of people whose emotional intelligence is that of a below-average 9-year old.

Last, a link to a post on the Herman Cain Award sub:

The comments are interesting. Not all of them are 'laughter', although many are.
Most express frustration and despair at what these idiots are doing and how it affects all of us
The fact that the anti vax folks are perpetuating the pandemic has serious consequences. For everyone. 

1 hour ago, yoink said:

Good find!

I really like how his meme aged:

image.png.b79b44168f5df4f6e7049c2484d4af82.png

Well it looks like his luck ran out...meanwhile those of us vaccinated continue to be very, very lucky. Strange huh?

Edited by olofscience
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, wolfriverjoe said:

When they do, they 'gnash their teeth and rend their garments', and beg for the 'prayer warriors' to 'storm the gates of Heaven with prayers'. They go so far as to coordinate the times of the prayers so God gets a lot of them at once (funny how a denial of service attack on God's "prayer servers" seems to be a good idea).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yoink said:

Same guy made it on the Herman Cain Reddit sub.

They're being fairly strict about not posting full names of 'non-public' people, so the name wasn't included.
I didn't know him.

But I have to say that his posts (FB?) were absolutely typical of HCA recipients.

1 hour ago, yoink said:

Hi Will,

It takes a level of intelligence to become a medical doctor.  It takes almost no intelligence to become a skydiver.

We are definitely cleansing the gene pool.  These people get no tears from me.

I suppose their families can ask for 'thought & prayers' because that works so well for the mass shootings.

Jerry Baumchen

1 hour ago, wolfriverjoe said:

But if you know it can harm others who aren’t like you, and you still refuse to take the measures that reduce the risk of spreading the virus to them, you are a sociopath.

That reminds me of this tweet someone retweeted today:

2 hours ago, ryoder said:

That reminds me of this tweet someone retweeted today:

All around me are familiar faces
Worn out places, worn out faces
Bright and early for the daily races
Going nowhere, going nowhere

Their tears are filling up their glasses
No expression, no expression
Hide my head, I wanna drown my sorrow
No tomorrow, no tomorrow

And I find it kind of funny
I find it kind of sad
The dreams in which I'm dying
Are the best I've ever had
I find it hard to tell you
I find it hard to take
When people run in circles it's a very, very
Mad world, mad world

49 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

Folks have got to make choices
And choices got to have voices
Folks are basically decent
Conventional wisdom would say
Well we read about the exceptions
In the papers everyday

It ought to be second nature
At least that's what I feel
Now I lay me down in dreamland
I know perfect's not for real

I thought we might get closer
But I'm ready to make a deal

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, billvon said:

Folks have got to make choices
And choices got to have voices
Folks are basically decent
Conventional wisdom would say
Well we read about the exceptions
In the papers everyday

It ought to be second nature
At least that's what I feel
Now I lay me down in dreamland
I know perfect's not for real

I thought we might get closer
But I'm ready to make a deal

Someday, somewhere
We'll find a new way of living
We'll find a way of forgiving
Somewhere

There's a place for us
Somewhere a place for us
Peace and quiet and open air
Wait for us somewhere

There's a time for us
Someday there'll time for us
Time together with time to spare
Time to learn and time to care

Somewhere

Edited by JoeWeber

What amazes me is how brainwashed they (the original subject of the thread) can be with regard to religion. Their God can do no harm or anything wrong.

• The blood of Jesus will save us
  • God is fighting this and fixing his lungs.
    • Not medical science is keeping him alive as best as they can.
  • We are praying that he will be released in days not weeks
  • Oh well, God wanted Jamie to be with him (& not his family) and called him home to heaven
  • He is now an angel

4 hours ago, CygnusX-1 said:

What amazes me is how brainwashed they (the original subject of the thread) can be with regard to religion. Their God can do no harm or anything wrong.

• The blood of Jesus will save us
  • God is fighting this and fixing his lungs.
    • Not medical science is keeping him alive as best as they can.
  • We are praying that he will be released in days not weeks
  • Oh well, God wanted Jamie to be with him (& not his family) and called him home to heaven
  • He is now an angel

And the last post in that FB thread by a supporter:  “I prey God that you put someone in their path to show them and tel, them…” It’s the parable of the man dying in the flood that comes back to me daily. “I sent you a radio broadcast, a boat and a helicopter. What are you doing here?”

• Like 2