samblack

Logbook Etiquette

JohnMitchell

Yep, if you don't log 'em, you don't really know how many you made. I've known too many people who numbers they claim don't match what I've seen. ;)

John, you what? They don't mean a damn thing to anyone but me, but to me they mean a great deal.
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

Back in the day (early 60's) the PCA required the licensee to mail in his license every year along with proof of meeting the minimum currency requirements so that he could keep his license. For a D license it was 10 30 second delays or 6 45 second delays. I note that my D license was signed off for 63 & 64. If I recall correctly logbooks were mailed into PCA for inspection when applying for the original licenses.

Back in the day (early 60's) the PCA required the licensee to mail in his license every year along with proof of meeting the minimum currency requirements so that he could keep his license. For a D license it was 10 30 second delays or 6 45 second delays. I note that my D license was signed off for 63 & 64. If I recall correctly logbooks were mailed into PCA for inspection when applying for the original licenses.

You are way too fucking old.
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

mjosparky

"Hey, can I get you to sign my log book?" ………. "Hi, I'm Justin..." then ask………….. Most jumpers are more than happy to sign a logbook, so don't be afraid to ask. ………….. Additionally-- In 50 years you will wish you had written more, gotten more signatures, and logged every single jump. Write down tail numbers of the airplanes. It is fun to look them up on the net and see where they are now. ……….. Nicky: it's either of 2 things: these skygods were complete assholes (which I doubt); or maybe they were training and were focused on the ground / in the plane. ………….. I would remind you to make sure you provide the pen.

This just about covers it.

I learned to jump at a DZ that had the current World Champions and more than a hand full of other icons of the sport. Never once was I refused a signature. As was mentioned before, pick a good time, introduce yourself and ask their name. I have never heard a jumper say he wished he/she had not taken the time to log so much.

Sparky

this is actually cool I never really thought of it this way. 10 years from now there's proably gonna be so many people that are gonna wish they asked me to sign their log books,