1 1
brenthutch

California on the verge of electing its first black governor

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2021/08/gavin-newsom-california-recall/619848/

“If Newsom is recalled, his potential replacements include the radio host Larry Elder”

Thats right, Larry Elder, an African American, just may be California’s next Governor.  We will just have to wait and see which California shows up in two weeks. Will it be one that celebrates diversity or one that perpetuates white privilege?  

(edited)

The stones being thrown at this man, disgusting.

Checkout the our very own LA Times,"Blackface of White supremacy" opinion piece.The actual piece seems to fallen into the memory hole.As if anyone of sound mind would pay for such propaganda, a Rag.

I've been a fan of this man for decades, and I just learned he's of AA heritage couple years ago.LOL.He's all about Policy.

Edited by richravizza
coffee

Great news for Larry!

Tried to prevent him from running on Trumped up allegations, and failed.

They the Super majority decided he's the man, so the Menticide machine has it's target, it will fail.

Kamala "Heiress" has abandoned her international diplomacy efforts  to help Gavin in the Recall, with her track record?

Larry you've got a shot.

4 hours ago, richravizza said:

Great news for Larry!

Tried to prevent him from running on Trumped up allegations, and failed.

They the Super majority decided he's the man, so the Menticide machine has it's target, it will fail.

Kamala "Heiress" has abandoned her international diplomacy efforts  to help Gavin in the Recall, with her track record?

Larry you've got a shot.

Hi Rich,

Re:  Larry you've got a shot.

Maybe/maybe not:  Angry with no plan: Republicans' tantrum continues in California (msn.com)

Jerry Baumchen

13 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Rich,

Re:  Larry you've got a shot.

Maybe/maybe not:  Angry with no plan: Republicans' tantrum continues in California (msn.com)

Jerry Baumchen

The way this state cartel has run us into the ground, you'd be angry too.The amount of hypocrisy is intolerable. No insult intended, but these Democrats are terrible at governance.At this point. I, We, feel like a Biden voter in, anything has got to be better.If Larry turns sour we'll fire his ass too.

Don't expect to see anything positive coming from our hack media.They'll cover for their pompous prick.

If you sway from the rhetoric you'll find solutions to real problems we face.

#1 for me, School choice. A choice other than a monopoly that can, has and will hold us and our kids education hostage.Gaven and his kids education took a different route, that hypocrite.

#2 Affordable housing, homeownership is a pipe-dream for our youth now, if we want to people get off the streets, let's make it harder to fall off that last step.

#3 Mandates, Taxes, and regulation.

https://www.electelder.com/topics/

He's an underdog for sure.

The fund raising disadvantage alone will be 5 to1.I believe Larry has a limit of $9.5M, Gavins got that from just two unions.guess which ones.LOL

Your article" 

But, as in so many other states, the most-motivated "EDIT: Democrats" here seem determined to forego the hard work - and just blow the whole thing up.

Putting the pieces back together? That'll be someone else's job.

LOOK IN THE MIRROR, JOE. 

44 minutes ago, richravizza said:

The way this state cartel has run us into the ground, you'd be angry too.The amount of hypocrisy is intolerable. No insult intended, but these Democrats are terrible at governance.At this point. I, We, feel like a Biden voter in, anything has got to be better.If Larry turns sour we'll fire his ass too.

Don't expect to see anything positive coming from our hack media.They'll cover for their pompous prick.

If you sway from the rhetoric you'll find solutions to real problems we face.

#1 for me, School choice. A choice other than a monopoly that can, has and will hold us and our kids education hostage.Gaven and his kids education took a different route, that hypocrite.

#2 Affordable housing, homeownership is a pipe-dream for our youth now, if we want to people get off the streets, let's make it harder to fall off that last step.

#3 Mandates, Taxes, and regulation.

https://www.electelder.com/topics/

He's an underdog for sure.

The fund raising disadvantage alone will be 5 to1.I believe Larry has a limit of $9.5M, Gavins got that from just two unions.guess which ones.LOL

Your article" 

But, as in so many other states, the most-motivated "EDIT: Democrats" here seem determined to forego the hard work - and just blow the whole thing up.

Putting the pieces back together? That'll be someone else's job.

LOOK IN THE MIRROR, JOE. 

Hi rich,

Re:  #1 for me, School choice.

If you are talking charter schools or religious schools; sorry, not going to support that insanity at all.  I'm a product of public schools; and both of my kids are.  We did/do better than the average Joe.  I prefer not to have my tax money spent teaching someone about some so-called 'God.'

Re:  #2 Affordable housing

I'm currently deeply involved in getting someone elected to our City Council.  I had a rather long discussion with him last week on this issue.  To me, the bottom line is that the only way to get so-called 'affordable housing' is by using tax money to lower the costs to the occupants; be they renters or buyers.  So, unless you support an increase in your taxes, just how do you do it?  As always, the devil is in the details.

Re:  #3 Mandates, Taxes, and regulation.

No specifics, so nothing to discuss.

Jerry Baumchen

• Like 1

1 hour ago, richravizza said:

?? The guy who belongs to the media (who is, in fact, the media) is Larry Elder.  He is one of theirs.

1 hour ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi rich,

Re:  #1 for me, School choice.

If you are talking charter schools or religious schools; sorry, not going to support that insanity at all.  I'm a product of public schools; and both of my kids are.  We did/do better than the average Joe.  I prefer not to have my tax money spent teaching someone about some so-called 'God.'

Re:  #2 Affordable housing

I'm currently deeply involved in getting someone elected to our City Council.  I had a rather long discussion with him last week on this issue.  To me, the bottom line is that the only way to get so-called 'affordable housing' is by using tax money to lower the costs to the occupants; be they renters or buyers.  So, unless you support an increase in your taxes, just how do you do it?  As always, the devil is in the details.

Re:  #3 Mandates, Taxes, and regulation.

No specifics, so nothing to discuss.

Jerry Baumchen

Re: #1 Your one of the lucky ones.I'm happy for you and yours.Your prejudice of charter schools  is unfortunate, definitely not the "insanity" you described. That would require us to do nothing, status quo insanity. There are incredible success stories abound, students excelling in academic benchmarks and learning in different new and exciting ways, its a win. The beauty of America, 50 experiments happening at the same time.

Re: #2  Your making a big mistake,Tax is not our remedy."Don't seal from Peter to pay Paul." Build more homes apartments and condos please, it's a supply and demand problem.Our Realestate Taxes are the highest in the nation, Building regs and the environmental NGO are the other "devils in the details ",exacerbating our problem.Perhaps you could talk with some builders/developers for a different prospective.

37 minutes ago, richravizza said:

...Build more homes apartments and condos please, it's a supply and demand problem.

Our Realestate Taxes are the highest in the nation, ...

What is stopping companies from building more homes apartments condos?  Not enough demand?

NJ real estate taxes are double that of California.

4 hours ago, headoverheels said:

What is stopping companies from building more homes apartments condos?  Not enough demand?

NJ real estate taxes are double that of California.

There is little profit in building affordable housing so no one wants to do it. I work mainly in residential construction and I see plenty of building going on. Just not so much affordable housing. 

Who wants to see higher tax rates in order to subsidize lower income families moving into the neighborhood? Neither residents nor their city council members would. Better to build more high end homes with higher property taxes, attracting wealthier residents who pay more in income tax and spend more in local economies. It’s the free market doing what it does best.

If you want affordable housing California likely isn’t for you. But on the bright side, it probably is the best state to be homeless in. The winters are mild in most areas, it’s only on fire for a few months out of the year, tents handle earthquakes just fine and you can still find access to better drinking water than homeowners in some other states.

Installing a rebublican governor will change none of that.

• Like 1