Chris__

So much waiting in skydiving...?

You’re normal. You’re different from some people, and more voluble than others. Nothing wrong with either of those. You can do a search on dz.com on the terms fear and freefall, and come up with a lot of threads, including this one, where I describe my gut-wrenching fear on my DRCP jumps. 
Most people either just quit because of it, or don’t talk about it because it’s not cool to be scared. Some day your willingness can make you a much better coach or instructor; it’ll be your secret power. Really. 
Wendy P. 

• Like 1

On 9/9/2021 at 9:49 AM, dudeman17 said:

Aww, ignore Joe. He's been around a long time, but maybe he's getting old, crotchety, senile and jaded. Maybe he spent too much time as a dzo, where someone balking in the door is costing him money and pissing him off, rather than as an instructor where someone like you reminds us what it was like to be new.

Anyways...

If you can just come to the realization that that's a pretty good description of FUN, then you'll be on your way to becoming a skydiver.

Keep that in mind. Next time you're on the ride up, remember - You're not exiting the airplane, you're entering the skydive.

-------

this is exactly why

HA!

Best advice ever! Thank you!!

On 9/9/2021 at 4:24 PM, wmw999 said:

You’re normal. You’re different from some people, and more voluble than others. Nothing wrong with either of those. You can do a search on dz.com on the terms fear and freefall, and come up with a lot of threads, including this one, where I describe my gut-wrenching fear on my DRCP jumps. 
Most people either just quit because of it, or don’t talk about it because it’s not cool to be scared. Some day your willingness can make you a much better coach or instructor; it’ll be your secret power. Really. 
Wendy P. 

Thank you!! <3

In the Bonfire there's a thread by or about skydiving duck. A student who wrote a comic about being a new skydiver. Check it out; it's an entertaining read and at the very least will show you that you are indeed not alone.

Edit: found it:

https://www.dropzone.com/forums/topic/115311-noob-cartoons:-skydiving-duck/?do=findComment&comment=230296

Edited by Baksteen

On 9/11/2021 at 9:05 PM, Baksteen said:

In the Bonfire there's a thread by or about skydiving duck. A student who wrote a comic about being a new skydiver. Check it out; it's an entertaining read and at the very least will show you that you are indeed not alone.

Edit: found it:

https://www.dropzone.com/forums/topic/115311-noob-cartoons:-skydiving-duck/?do=findComment&comment=230296

Haha!!

That is amazing! Best description ever of being a beginner in skydiving!

On 8/31/2021 at 4:34 PM, Baksteen said:

Well, I'm going out on a limb here and guess that you are not a student trying to get their first few dozen of jumps in.

No, I’m not, but a mate of mine recently did AFF and got his first 4 jumps done in a day including briefs and debriefs (excluding the actual ground course) so I still maintain some DZs are more efficient than others in getting through loads.

• Like 1