1 1
headoverheels

California governor recall election

So that was a waste of $300 million of our state tax money, to get exactly the predicted (non) outcome.  Not to mention a large amount of campaign money.

As of now, something like 48% of the people did not vote for any candidate, just the question of whether the governor should be recalled.

I got abused when I went in to vote at my local voting station today by some dude and his wife.

They were in there abusing the polling officers who were waiting for the cops to show up. Apparently this is all rigged, part of the deep state and will be all over the news soon.

His wife heard my accent and they started screaming that I was 'proof of an illegal immigrant voting'. She tried to grab me and he was right behind her. In another stage of my life I would have decked both of them, old and fat or not.

The older, wiser me decided it probably wasn't worth a trip with the police, but man, for a second I really, really wanted to.

WTF is wrong with people now?

Edited by yoink

13 hours ago, headoverheels said:

So that was a waste of $300 million of our state tax money, to get exactly the predicted (non) outcome.  Not to mention a large amount of campaign money.

Yep.  And it was a blowout - not that that will matter to the Qanoners.

2 hours ago, headoverheels said:

With the vote tally so far, the margin is even better than when Newsom was elected in 2018.  

A pretty clear indication that most of the population is sick of the R bullshit. Newsome himself is not all that popular but few were willing to risk seeing a Trumpist in charge. I know that CA is different from the rest of the USA, but not that different. This bodes well for putting some of the worst excesses to rest. If there is one thing that can make a political party change it is losing its chance to gain power.

• Like 2

On 9/16/2021 at 5:51 AM, headoverheels said:
On 9/16/2021 at 3:58 AM, billvon said:

Yep.  And it was a blowout - not that that will matter to the Qanoners.

With the vote tally so far, the margin is even better than when Newsom was elected in 2018.  

This was probably better election research than what the R party could possibly get through polling.  How will they vote vs. how might they vote. This theory is starting to make this recall seem a bit more logical since the gubernatorial race is coming up next year.

On 9/15/2021 at 3:02 PM, gowlerk said:

A pretty clear indication that most of the population is sick of the R bullshit. Newsome himself is not all that popular but few were willing to risk seeing a Trumpist in charge. I know that CA is different from the rest of the USA, but not that different. This bodes well for putting some of the worst excesses to rest. If there is one thing that can make a political party change it is losing its chance to gain power.

Hi Ken,

Re:  A pretty clear indication that most of the population is sick of the R bullshit.

With the S12 rally in Washington, DC this past Saturday, the continuing Trump rallies

( that are having less & less attendance ) I do think this country is getting sick of it.

Now, that does not mean that the hard-core Trumpies will ever change their minds. I've given up on them.

However, it does seem to me that most of the people leaving the GOP are not becoming Democrats, they are registering as independents.  I've met some that can no longer stand Trump; but, they simply cannot ever be a Democrat.  They may vote D but they ( so far ) will not register as a D.

And, that is just fine with me.

Jerry Baumchen

PS)  ETA:  Anti-Trump Republican group targets Texas governor with ad showing wall of COVID victim coffins (msn.com)

Edited by JerryBaumchen

12 hours ago, TriGirl said:

This was probably better election research than what the R party could possibly get through polling.  How will they vote vs. how might they vote. This theory is starting to make this recall seem a bit more logical since the gubernatorial race is coming up next year.

And if it was a deliberate plan to use taxpayer money for voter research, it’s yet another level of cynicism. Similar to the defendant of murdering their parents throwing themselves at the mercy of the court because they were now orphaned. 
Wendy P.