1 1
Westerly

Time to hit the fast foward button

8 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

If they deliberately chose to not get vaccinated, they are NOT 'innocent'.

But their children and those who get break through infections from them are. We all pay a price for those who refuse to do their part.

Just now, gowlerk said:

But their children and those who get break through infections from them are. We all pay a price for those who refuse to do their part.

Right.

Those who refuse to get vaccinated are drivig this surge. 

Their minor children really don't have much choice.
The breakthrough infections are in those who are vaccinated.

Obviously, Cygnus-X's proposal to deny hospital care to those who refuse to get vaccinated wouldn't apply to minors or breakthrough cases. 

But for those who delibrately chose to ignore science, medical advice and plain old common sense; to hell with them.
Let them suffocate in the parking lot.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, CygnusX-1 said:

All of this requiring vaccines for employment, getting into ball parks/stores, higher insurance, etc. won't work. There are way too many venues for each one to determine if you are vaccinated. People won't like it and it will slow things down to a crawl.

I hear that they could inject a semiconductor chip along with the vaccine, that could just be quickly scanned.

1 hour ago, wolfriverjoe said:

If they deliberately chose to not get vaccinated, they are NOT 'innocent'.

It would be nice to imagine that irresponsible people will suffer more for their ignorance and stubbornness.  

But public health is just that; it applies to everyone.  And to get infection rates down we have to get them down in everyone, vaccinated and unvaccinated alike.  

Just now, billvon said:

It would be nice to imagine that irresponsible people will suffer more for their ignorance and stubbornness.  

But public health is just that; it applies to everyone.  And to get infection rates down we have to get them down in everyone, vaccinated and unvaccinated alike.  

I know, it won't happen.

But it would be nice to see people suffer the consequences of their actions.

2 hours ago, billvon said:

How does making them pay for their care change that?  

I resent my premiums going to pay for the care of the willfully ignorant when they can get vaccinated free.

I resent being effectively held hostage on account of the irresponsible (in)action of the unvaccinated.

12 hours ago, CygnusX-1 said:

That is at the ER or any health center. No vaccine (or proof that you cannot take the vaccine for whatever reason), you don't get treated. Period.

I agree but in practical sense, that would never work. How the hell are you going to pull out  your CDC card if you're in a coma from a car accident? Or what happens if you loose it or it's destroyed and then you have a heart attack the next day? Good in concept, but impossible to enforce in application.

I spoke with a hold-out today. He was not strictly against getting vaccinated, but he said he has not done it because he feels that the vaccine was developed so much faster than so many other products that there is no way to know for sure what the long term risks are. Technically he is right, but realistically the risk is extremely small. I explained to him that the risk of harm from getting Covid is much higher than the risk of a defect in the vaccine. However, in all fairness that is a legitimate thing to question. It was developed fast with multiple phases combined. I think for a lot of people they just dont follow the 'Covid news' that much and they just genuinely arnt that worried about it. They see the fatality rates for their age group and they just dont feel like it's worth their concern over something that's not likely to kill them so it's not something they consider much either way and thats why they havent gotten the shot.

7 hours ago, Westerly said:

However, in all fairness that is a legitimate thing to question. It was developed fast with multiple phases combined.

maybe the j&j vaccine, and i say maybe because i recall hearing it was in the works years ago, but the mrna ones were being worked on for sars for decades.  it was a minor change they made to make it work for sars2.  the only thing rushed were the trials.  that makes it an illegitimate question, or at least now you have an answer for it.

The REALLY sad part to this story is, 99% of you reading this have received MULTIPLE mandatory vaccinations already within your life time thus far.  How or why is this any different??? It isn't. We ALL know the current perils this pandemic has caused and look at where it's going. 

Round them all up and move them to Montana. You know, to become dental floss tycoons!  (Any die a fitting death.)   

2 minutes ago, timski said:

The REALLY sad part to this story is, 99% of you reading this have received MULTIPLE mandatory vaccinations already within your life time thus far.  How or why is this any different??? It isn't. We ALL know the current perils this pandemic has caused and look at where it's going. 

Round them all up and move them to Montana. You know, to become dental floss tycoons!  (Any die a fitting death.)   

Correction, the DIFFERENCE is now were adults with the power to decide fate.  WHEN your "fate" includes hurting the gen pop, THAT'S when I expect big brother to step it up... 

11 hours ago, Westerly said:

I spoke with a hold-out today. He was not strictly against getting vaccinated, but he said he has not done it because he feels that the vaccine was developed so much faster than so many other products that there is no way to know for sure what the long term risks are. Technically he is right, but realistically the risk is extremely small. I explained to him that the risk of harm from getting Covid is much higher than the risk of a defect in the vaccine. However, in all fairness that is a legitimate thing to question. It was developed fast with multiple phases combined. I think for a lot of people they just dont follow the 'Covid news' that much and they just genuinely arnt that worried about it. They see the fatality rates for their age group and they just dont feel like it's worth their concern over something that's not likely to kill them so it's not something they consider much either way and thats why they havent gotten the shot.

I get the same response in the back of my ambulance rushing to the ER. You know, where the COVID is for sure!!! 

I'm tired of feeling sorry for selfish people.   

4 hours ago, ryoder said:

I couldn't get past the paywall to read the article, but this tweet has the summary:

Screen Shot 2021-08-19 at 07.44.45.png

This has been going on for months.   Most insurance plans have a maximum out of pocket, so unlikely to get hit with $35k.   Here is an article from earlier this year on ending waivers: https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/some-health-insurers-ending-waivers-covid-treatment-fees-n1265422

Meanwhile in Texas:

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/coronavirus-numbers/texas-dfw-coronavirus-covid-19-updates-aug-18-2021/287-eccf6e0d-1413-46d3-a433-6db930bffa17

The total number of confirmed cases reported by the state Wednesday is 20,058 confirmed cases, 5,046 probable cases and 174 deaths from COVID-19.

And the state threatens to revoke business licenses to businesses requiring proof of vaccination.

Thanks, Abbott.

On 8/19/2021 at 7:08 AM, Westerly said:

The vaccine was developed faster because a lot of money was pumped into it short term rather than over the course of years, allowing companies to have a broader approach, testing several options in the lab instead of only the one which looks on paper the most promising. And, cynically, the regulating authorities had a vested interest in reviewing all documentation regarding COVID vaccines. It's quite the difference to your research process if the authorities come asking whether you have something for them yet, rather than you having to chase after them for months on end trying to cut through the red tape. 

Well, apparently the surge has scared at least some people into getting vaccinated.

For the first time since early June, over one million were administered on Friday.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/us/covid-19-vaccine-doses.html?campaign_id=9&emc=edit_nn_20210820&instance_id=38377&nl=the-morning&regi_id=118682468&segment_id=66758&te=1&user_id=94f58d5b96ea75e238c5bfb8bc8f5a2c

Texas GOP leader H. Scott Apley railed against masks and vaccination.

Then he got COVID19 and died.  He was 45.  Karma

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/08/05/texas-gop-leader-antimask-antivax-dies-covid/

Now his family and friends are pissed that his stupidity has gone viral.

They should have thought of that months ago.

Schadenfreude.

• Like 1