1 1
JerryBaumchen

Hypocrisy

1 hour ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi folks,

Reading this one stopped me in my tracks:  Texas governor asks out-of-state medical workers to come help as COVID overwhelms state’s hospitals - oregonlive.com

Quite possibly the most anti-mask governor in the nation now wants help.

I feel for anyone living in Texas.

Jerry Baumchen

Just a few days ago, Desantis (Death Sentence) told Biden to mind his own business with regard to Covid in FL. Suddenly FL is requesting ventilators from the Feds because the hospitals are overwhelmed.

https://www.local10.com/news/local/2021/08/09/florida-sets-another-covid-case-record-as-hospitals-face-sheer-exhaustion/

(edited)

I’m actually at the point where I hope DeSantis gets covid and dies from it.

I know. That’s terrible… This whole thing has made me a worse human being and I hate that, but honestly, it’s going to take someone that public facing and that anti mask / anti vaccine to die horribly in a public way to start to change opinions.

Edited by yoink

Interestingly, Abbott did put a mask mandate in place just over a year ago. Limited, but my son he had acquaintances who said they’d never vote for him again. It was completely lifted this last March. 
He’s still a pandering asshole, though. 
Wendy P. 

10 hours ago, yoink said:

I’m actually at the point where I hope DeSantis gets covid and dies from it.

I know. That’s terrible… This whole thing has made me a worse human being and I hate that, but honestly, it’s going to take someone that public facing and that anti mask / anti vaccine to die horribly in a public way to start to change opinions.

I have a very hard time finding sympathy for people who deliberately ignore science, reality and reason.

If it only affected them, it would be much more of a 'it's your choice, do what you want but don't bitch about the consequences' thing.

Smoking & diet, riding a motorcycle without a helmet or driving without a seatbelt, swooping, all of that. 
Not the choice I would make (Disclaimer: I used to smoke and would sometimes ride bare-headed, but not anymore), but those choices don't put me at any significant extra risk.

However, this is different.

Covid is spiking. The more people that catch and can transmit it, the more risk I'm at, even vaccinated.
CDC is now recommending masks for everyone in areas of 'significant' or 'high' levels of transmission. 

The 'leaders' who are basically aiding and abetting the spread of this are shitheads.

I hope both DeSantis & Abbot catch it and die. For real. When Trump caught it, I was cheering for the virus. It turns out he was a lot closer to death than anyone admitted at the time. I'm not super surprised at that because the White House has some pretty serious health care capabilities. Better than some rural hospitals. Putting the Orange Idiot into Walter Reed was a sign that he was seriously sick. 

My sympathy for the ones who are dying after refusing the vaccine is pretty much zero. 
I won't say the last year and a half has destroyed my faith in humanity, mainly because it was pretty non-existent to begin with.
But the last little shreds are gone. 

• Like 1

(edited)
On 8/11/2021 at 2:24 PM, wolfriverjoe said:

I have a very hard time finding sympathy for people who deliberately ignore science, reality and reason.

If it only affected them, it would be much more of a 'it's your choice, do what you want but don't bitch about the consequences' thing.

Smoking & diet, riding a motorcycle without a helmet or driving without a seatbelt, swooping, all of that. 
Not the choice I would make (Disclaimer: I used to smoke and would sometimes ride bare-headed, but not anymore), but those choices don't put me at any significant extra risk.

However, this is different.

<snip>

Well, it never really only affects "them" does it?
A 50 jump wonder jumping a handkerchief as a main and a postage stamp as a reserve as a H&P on their own pass may only be endangering themselves - but a lot of innocent bystanders are likely to be affected if (when) they bounce.

A smoker is getting the lion's share of the unhealthy substances in the cigarette, but second-hand smoke is a health risk, especially for their children.

An anti-vaxer is not endangering just themselves, but also their innocent children - and indoctrinating said children into the same pseudoscience as well. Let alone the fully vaccinated people who for whatever reason have a weak response to the vaccine and end up in the ICU because some @$$hat is maintaining that they have "just a cold" and therefore do not need to quarantine.

Edited by Baksteen

A skydiving acquaintance is up on his high horse on FB about his right to privacy being invaded if asked to provide proof of vaccination to enter a place of business (or any other place).

Same guy denies that a woman has any right to privacy in dealings with her ob/gyne.