dogboybirdy

Whats the most absurd thing you've done while jumping?

Falling straight through the formation...

Without taking it out.

I left from the camera step, and didn't leave early enough. So as we came off the hill, I ended up almost directly above the 4 way round that was formed (either launched or 1st point, I don't remember).
I could feel myself falling into the dead air above them, and I remember thinking something like "Well, that was dumb."

Did a half flip and ended up directly in the middle on my back. Didn't hit anybody, just ended up floating on the column of air coming up through the middle. Went dead spider, dropped down, flipped onto my belly, drove out from under the group, popped back up and made my slot.

And yes, I have it on video. 2 perspectives actually (inside & outside).
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

1. Mr. Bill bungee jump.
2. Filming a friend shoot a handgun in free fall.
3. Training Green Peace activists for an ill fated endeavor.
4. And the list could go on and on but I am trying to forget all the nonsense and stupidity in years past.
www.geronimoskydiving.com

forgot to do my exit pulse.

:/ i'm a noob, i have limited material to work with ;)

oh, after 2 successful 360s i got carried away and put in a mega input, turning me into a washing machine on spin cycle. instructor had to sort me out... and i failed lvl5 again...

but man that was fun :)

Jump #38 or so... after exiting and wondering what the hell was flapping me in the face, flipping on my back to re-route my chest strap (correctly this time). Good thing this was the only jump of the day I wasn't wearing gloves. :S

Got it all done by 8K, btw. :P

Every fight is a food fight if you're a cannibal

Goodness is something to be chosen. When a man cannot choose, he ceases to be a man. - Anthony Burgess

Fallen off the strut on a DeHavilland Beaver (much wider strut than a C182).

Was taught how to de-arch. Next jump took out a formation from underneath. ;)

Had a premature opening while front floating at 13K in Costa Rica.

My friends could probably give you a better list. I've tried to forget a few things over the years. ;):P

Maybe not absurd, but it sure was fun...

Took a bunch of inflatable sea creatures out the caravan. One of my all time favorite jumps!!

None of us landed with them - most of them blew up, or got ripped out of our hands.

I imagine someone sitting in their backyard on a beautiful Saturday afternoon, enjoying the day.. and all of a sudden it starts raining inflatable fish. :D:D

Videoed a (4+ years) non-current old school jumper using an old PC with a chest reserve and a modified military rig with 3 pin ripcord set up. As I recall the chest reserve was 6 years over due and known to have a large hole in it...:S

I was testing a base canopy I had just relined for a friend when I saw the other jumper in the loading area and asked if I could video his jump.

It was of course a hop n' pop from 4.5k.

Not saying any of it was a good idea, but nobody died.

"Sometimes you eat the bar,
and well-sometimes the bar eats you..."

A long long time ago (1982) in a land far far away (Kapowsin) I vouched for a fellow sailor to the DZO and gave him his static line FJC course during the one hour drive to the DZ. I helped him Gear up and then attempted to explained to him the more pertinent features of his gear on the walk to the plane. Outside of my third wife, the dumbest thing I've ever done.

He did great.

Took 100 ft. of rope and wrapped it twice around the wing strut. Wore a climbing harness with a carabiner attached. I had the pilot hold one end and I clipped onto the rope. Eased out of the plane and repelled down about half way and played superman. When we got over the spot I repelled off the end of the rope. One big problem, as the rope came out the carabiner it beat the crap out of me. Ended up with a split lip and a bloody nose.
When I got back to the packing area I felt like n idiot.

:(:P

My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

Getting on a load to do 4 way in the morning after a heavy night drinking just as the headache and nausea are peeking

naked tracking jump, i pitched holding the goods as I was terrified of the nut-under mal B|

Did a xmas jump with a rudolph wingsuiter, rodeo passenger dressed as santa and 3 elves tracking alongside and just made the beach after exiting well out to sea

Naked tracking jump at ground temperature of 25°C (77°F) but -12°C (10°F) at 13k. I think my balls entered my stomach at exit and still wonder how the guy on the video step survived his 20 seconds of glory holding the plane while the rest of us took place at the door.

Rubber ducky inflatable jump
-aired up ducky too much
-sky van load deflating ducky on the way to altitude
-nearly falling out while mounting ducky in the door
-telling camera "this was a stupid idea"
-actually thinking I would make it to the ground with ducky
-getting bucked by ducky within 5 seconds of exiting
-losing ducky in a farm field, RIP rubber ducky

A jumping buddy knocked at my door asking wether I need help because he heard me struggling to breath. I showed him your post and this picture, now we are both lying on the floor crying from laughter.

That picture is gold!!!

I once thought it would be a good idea to fall through some 'industrial haze' before pulling so that I can actually see where I'm going. Ended up pulling at 500m, still in the clouds, googles fogged up, ~300 open and and flying parachute, now finally under the clouds, made a quick 270 from 200m, still half blind, because I thought the green surface under me was the landing area, stopped downwind about 5 meters in front of what I initially though was our gas station but what then came out as a running corn harvester.
-------------------------------------------------------

To absent friends

-getting bucked by ducky within 5 seconds of exiting

Does not matter. Your buddy got the money shot and that's all that counts!
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

Jumping with some Dizzie Dot Com'ers

Using watermelons as bombs trying to position them in freefall to hit the "target" before pulling.:)

Majorly stupid.. but it was the 1970's and well there was not a lot to hit on the ground in that part of ( location with held to protect the guilty):)