1 1
cjdskydiver

Carve vs Carve ‘21

I haven't jumped either, however... I am sure the Carve 21 is better but can't imagine it's going to suddenly change your entire flight envelope compared to your current Carve. I reckon you're better off sticking with your current suit until it's well and truly thrashed, then getting whatever the current Carve is and enjoying the new and improved version, whether it's a 21, a 23 or whatever.

I have a Carve 2. I did one jump on the original Havok but it was so long ago I can't really say what the difference is, though I am sure the new one is better. 

The difference between the original Havok and Havok Carve2 is minimal really. When my wife and I first got to the tunnel in Stockholm there were people flying all iterations of the suit. My wife still has an early model Havok that she uses.

The difference is the Havok carve 2 stayed inflated slightly better through transitions. But unless you're a world class competitor you probably won't even notice.

That is probably what the difference will be like with the carve 21.

The thing that makes a Havok a Havok is the planform, which I don't think they touched since pretty much getting it right with the original.

• Like 1

On 9/21/2021 at 1:20 PM, lyosha said:

The difference between the original Havok and Havok Carve2 is minimal really. When my wife and I first got to the tunnel in Stockholm there were people flying all iterations of the suit. My wife still has an early model Havok that she uses.

The difference is the Havok carve 2 stayed inflated slightly better through transitions. But unless you're a world class competitor you probably won't even notice.

That is probably what the difference will be like with the carve 21.

The thing that makes a Havok a Havok is the planform, which I don't think they touched since pretty much getting it right with the original.

thank you for your explanation