1 1
skybytch

How we can help Darwin

I know it's only Darwinism if they die before they can procreate but it made for a good click baity title.

Was reading this morning that the CDC is saying vaccinated people who are infected with Delta have as much virus in their nose as non-vaccinated people.  So if I, as a vaccinated person, get infected and don't wear a mask in public, I can infect lots of unvaccinated people while not worrying too much about ill effects from the virus myself.

Since I am far less likely to need medical care due to COVID since I got the free vaccine, I think that any medical care needed for COVID related problems should only be covered by insurance for those who are vaccinated. Choose not to get the shot? Pay for any needed medical care related to getting COVID on your own dime.  Why should MY premiums go up because YOU chose not to avail yourself of a free vaccine?

No need for mandates. Freedom of choice.  Choose to get vaccinated or choose to go broke if you get the virus.  And those who are vaccinated can help you get there just by doing what you say everyone has a right to do - not wear a mask.  

I don't see how any right minded individual who believes in freedom, capitalism and the American Way could disagree with that. 

32 minutes ago, skybytch said:

Why should MY premiums go up because YOU chose . . .

I kinda think the same when someone goes to the emergency room with a bottle stuck up their arse.

I'm in a mood today. Let's just categorize it all as "stupid shit" people do. 

2 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

I kinda think the same when someone goes to the emergency room with a bottle stuck up their arse.

Many moons back I was told that if I did not put on a seat belt when in the front seat of a car, German law deemed the driver uninsured - regardless of who was otherwise at fault.  People wore seat belts.

I like the idea of being uninsured if you don't wear a helmet on a motorcycle as well.  You get cut off by someone blowing a stop sign and you're not wearing a helmet?  You're on your own.

7 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

I slipped and fell getting  out  of the shower! I don't know where that bottle came from! 

I'm in a mood today too.  Wanna go stand in the yard and yell at the kids to stay the fuck off it? I'll bring the beer.

I know my argument has a big hole in it considering that skydivers use insurance to pay for their injuries sustained jumping, but jumping isnt endangering large sectors of the population, most especially at this point those who can't be vaccinated due to age (children... what about the children?!?) or being immunocompromised ( fuck them, they're gonna die soon anyway).

3 hours ago, skybytch said:

I slipped and fell getting  out  of the shower! I don't know where that bottle came from! 

I'm in a mood today too.  Wanna go stand in the yard and yell at the kids to stay the fuck off it? I'll bring the beer.

I know my argument has a big hole in it considering that skydivers use insurance to pay for their injuries sustained jumping, but jumping isnt endangering large sectors of the population, most especially at this point those who can't be vaccinated due to age (children... what about the children?!?) or being immunocompromised ( fuck them, they're gonna die soon anyway).

Hi sky,

Re:  Wanna go stand in the yard and yell at the kids to stay the fuck off it?

Whenever I hear that term, it reminds me of something that happened about 5 yrs ago.  I was just finishing watching the late news & about to head for bed.  I heard some voices outside that sounded quite close.  So I went out & saw 4-5 16-17 yr olds walking across my lawn.  I live on a corner so it was an easy short-cut for them.  At that time, I was about 75 yrs old, so getting into an altercation was not a smart option.

I stopped them, talked to them in a rational voice, asked if their dads would like if it I walked across his lawn, etc.  They apologized and no one has done it since.

I guess I'm getting tactful in my old age; or is it scared?  :turban:

Jerry Baumchen

My house:

1853567124_Myhouse.jpg.c0ab751ba1487f1a5eff5c4bbd38d48e.jpg

5 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi sky,

Re:  Wanna go stand in the yard and yell at the kids to stay the fuck off it?

Whenever I hear that term, it reminds me of something that happened about 5 yrs ago.  I was just finishing watching the late news & about to head for bed.  I heard some voices outside that sounded quite close.  So I went out & saw 4-5 16-17 yr olds walking across my lawn.  I live on a corner so it was an easy short-cut for them.  At that time, I was about 75 yrs old, so getting into an altercation was not a smart option.

I stopped them, talked to them in a rational voice, asked if their dads would like if it I walked across his lawn, etc.  They apologized and no one has done it since.

I guess I'm getting tactful in my old age; or is it scared?  :turban:

Jerry Baumchen

My house:

1853567124_Myhouse.jpg.c0ab751ba1487f1a5eff5c4bbd38d48e.jpg

I don't see a lawn.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, skybytch said:

I know it's only Darwinism if they die before they can procreate but it made for a good click baity title.

Was reading this morning that the CDC is saying vaccinated people who are infected with Delta have as much virus in their nose as non-vaccinated people.  So if I, as a vaccinated person, get infected and don't wear a mask in public, I can infect lots of unvaccinated people while not worrying too much about ill effects from the virus myself.

Since I am far less likely to need medical care due to COVID since I got the free vaccine, I think that any medical care needed for COVID related problems should only be covered by insurance for those who are vaccinated. Choose not to get the shot? Pay for any needed medical care related to getting COVID on your own dime.  Why should MY premiums go up because YOU chose not to avail yourself of a free vaccine?

No need for mandates. Freedom of choice.  Choose to get vaccinated or choose to go broke if you get the virus.  And those who are vaccinated can help you get there just by doing what you say everyone has a right to do - not wear a mask.  

I don't see how any right minded individual who believes in freedom, capitalism and the American Way could disagree with that. 

I saw the same thing on the news this morning.  Now there is talk about everyone wearing a mask indoors.  Those of us who have been vaccinated are going to be inconvenienced again not to mention the economic impact to the country.  Will there be another spike in COVID cases?  I don't think society as a whole is willing to take the steps necessary to benefit that society.

2 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

At that time, I was about 75 yrs old, so getting into an altercation was not a smart option.

I guess I'm getting tactful in my old age; or is it scared? 

Jerry,

Maybe they were scared. How'd you like to run into Samuel Whittemore

26 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

Jerry,

Maybe they were scared. How'd you like to run into Samuel Whittemore

Hi Keith,

Re:  Maybe they were scared.

Nah, they were just some rather nice kids.  During our conversation they were very courteous; not what I would have expected.

Re:  How'd you like to run into Samuel Whittemore?

Interesting, I had never heard of him.  One tough old bird, though.

Jerry Baumchen

4 hours ago, Bigfalls said:

Now there is talk about everyone wearing a mask indoors.  Those of us who have been vaccinated are going to be inconvenienced again not to mention the economic impact to the country.  Will there be another spike in COVID cases?  I don't think society as a whole is willing to take the steps necessary to benefit that society.

Masks are already required again in many places. Cases are spiking again in many places, especially areas with low vaccination rates (like the rural county I live in).

Gonna be interesting to see what happens.  I'm going back to wearing the mask if I have to go out. Lucky for me, I don't have to leave the property often. 

6 hours ago, kallend said:

I don't see a lawn.

Hi John,

It is there.  Photo probably taken in late summer; I do not water the lawn. *

Man Fined Over $1,000 for Setting Lawn on Fire Instead of Mowing it Amid Burn Ban (msn.com)

If I had my way, we would get rid of front lawns; sort of like they do in Europe.

Jerry Baumchen

* IMO a waste of a necessary resource.

2 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi John,

Man Fined Over $1,000 for Setting Lawn on Fire Instead of Mowing it Amid Burn Ban (msn.com)

If I had my way, we would get rid of front lawns; sort of like they do in Europe.

Jerry Baumchen

I read an article a few months ago about the origin of the Americans lawn.

Executive Summary: Middle class Americans trying to emulate the European aristocracy.

5 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi John,

Jerry Baumchen

The Great Lakes are at record high levels.  No water shortages here and lots of nice lawns.

6 hours ago, kallend said:

The Great Lakes are at record high levels.  No water shortages here and lots of nice lawns

Well that's a waste. We need an intercontinental canal. You've got plenty, you won't mind sending some west, right?  Then SoCal can have their lawns and pools and fire hydrants.  The rural West will continue to burn, but we don't count anyway as long as urban and suburban residents are taken care of. 

Damn, drifting my own thread again....

1 minute ago, gowlerk said:

I want to see the contract for the tunnel under those mountain ranges. Not even Bezos and Musk combined......

Well, the CO Front Range already has tunnels under the Continental Divide to bring West Slope water to the Front Range:

Adams Tunnel
West Portal: Grand Lake
East Portal: 5 miles SW of Estes Park

Moffat Tunnel:
West Portal: Winter Park
East Portal: 7 miles W of Rollinsville

Roberts Tunnel:
West Portal: Dillon Reservoir
East Portal: Grant

But those are all running downhill. A transcontinental tunnel would need to either:

a) Pump water uphill to the level of those tunnels, then let it run downhill (perhaps into the CO River).

b) Be really, really deep!

2 minutes ago, ryoder said:

Well, the CO Front Range already has tunnels under the Continental Divide to bring West Slope water to the Front Range:

While we are at it, how about leveling that big hill to eliminate the need for the Eisenhower tunnel. Then move the fill created to Lake Michigan to create a causeway between WI and MI so I no longer have to drive across Chicagoland?

12 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

I want to see the contract for the tunnel under those mountain ranges. Not even Bezos and Musk combined......

Who needs Bezos and Musk when we have the power of the federal deficit behind us?

Run it down to Texas and then bring it across NM and Arizona. Much lower mountains and far more potential customers along the route. 

2 hours ago, skybytch said:

Run it down to Texas and then bring it across NM and Arizona. Much lower mountains and far more potential customers along the route. 

Too early for all that logic shit. Your turn to holler at the kids. :)