Slappie

I don't know anyone!

(edited)

Haven't stopped by here in quite awhile. Place looks completely different. haven't jumped in just over a year, due to covid. Got my three shots. I'm in Alexandria, LA and heading to Galveston Island tomorrow. Got rail to inspect down there next week. I see there is a dropzone there but, always a but, it's a damn tandem mill. Thought about having my wife bring my rig down here. Oh well, guess I'll wait till I get back to Missouri. Hi Squeak!

Edited by freethefly

On 1/11/2022 at 6:10 AM, wmw999 said:

In Galveston you’re about an hour away from Spaceland. 
Wendy P. 

Even closer now. I've been in Houston all week. It's been a few years since I've jumped out there. Unfortunately, I don't have my rig with me. How have you been doing? Myself, doing better than last year. Couple of months of radiation treatment. Major pain in the ass (Colorectal.) They removed near 2 inches from the rectum up. It's kept me grounded. Hope to get jumping again soon.

9 hours ago, FreeflyChile said:

Holy crap this is a blast from the past...

Do you think Clay's ban is over yet? 

Well, when the new layout was brought on, everyone's ban was lifted.

Even BillyV was allowed back in SC. Really.

He lasted a few weeks before he went 'full toddler', posted a 'shopped pic of AOC sucking on Trump and went away.

5 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Well, when the new layout was brought on, everyone's ban was lifted.

Even BillyV was allowed back in SC. Really.

He lasted a few weeks before he went 'full toddler', posted a 'shopped pic of AOC sucking on Trump and went away.

Yeah that was pretty childish of me for sure. I realized that I was only banned for a month for that but I had no reason to go back. Way too far left for my taste. Not worth the hassle. I do not have the temperament to argue in that liberal bastion and you all should be grateful I don't delve in there. 

Oh and HEY! Any of you motherfuckers missed me? I'm sure a bunch will say no, and that's fine. The bonfire hasn't been the same like it used to be. So many people left for other platforms. 

Just hope everyone is doing well. I quit jumping in 2013 to focus on my family, since I wasn't getting out often enough to keep my emergency skills sharp. I now have two teenage girls. The older one is slated to compete at the archery national championships in Louisville, KY this coming Friday, so that's pretty exciting. Her average score isn't going to put her anywhere near the top anyway (275 out of 300) but she's only a sophomore now. 

No desire to get back to the skies though. I felt like I'd done everything I could possibly do. I'm at peace.

Blue skies. 

Dude, good to see you. That said, teenaged girls will fill your life, my brother assured me (my offspring was male). So no, you don’t have time for skydiving, because they’re more important. Good on your daughter with archery.

Wendy P. 

Does any of the old timers remember the guy who used to jump in here with a sock puppet account every now and then and troll the bonfire? I think he had the mishskygirl account pretending to be a hot young lady wannabe skydiver. Had a lot of horndogs in his PMs, really dirty horndogs... LMAO. But anyway, Futuredivot went out of his way to try to help mishskygirl, but the guy behind that account kept bullshitting and finally he couldn't keep it going any longer. 

Anyway, what the hell was his name? It's been so long.