Slappie

I don't know anyone!

(edited)
1 hour ago, Slappie said:

So who is left from the early 2000s when DZ moved to this format? Just curious... 

Holy Shit. Slappie in the house. It's been awhile. There's still quite a few that attend class regularly, but many more who peek in on occasion just to say hello.  The format changed a couple of years ago, some think for the better, others not so much, but there is always resistance to change when it comes to technology. Hope you're doing well and I'll let the others speak up when they open the door. 

Edited by BIGUN
  • Like 1

I don't post on here very often, but just keep on eye on what the new kids are thinking and doing. I got started on the old recskydiving.com about '97 and then switched here when the noise got too loud. There are still a few on here that did the same thing.

Hey guys! Yea it's been awhile... took me a few weeks to get my name back. But, DZ Support was very helpful. 

The reason I had to come back to the old haunt was, I was talking skydiving with a client. Come to realize they were learning to jump just as I was winding down. Got me to thinking about the DZs, jumping, clouds and well this place. So I had to come see what has become of the old stomping grounds. I have to say it's a shadow of its once super busy rocking forums. But, everything changes. 

I'll be around, checking in once in awhile. Been thinking of getting back in the air, but then reality reminds me I haven't been up for a very long time. Not since GFDs' accident... 

On 7/27/2021 at 5:02 PM, BIGUN said:

Holy Shit. Slappie in the house. It's been awhile. There's still quite a few that attend class regularly, but many more who peek in on occasion just to say hello.  The format changed a couple of years ago, some think for the better, others not so much, but there is always resistance to change when it comes to technology. Hope you're doing well and I'll let the others speak up when they open the door. 

Been through maybe 3 different formats of Dropzone.com. C'mon us OG postwhores remember the days when no one could keep up. Let alone the mods ;)

• Like 1

On 8/16/2021 at 10:53 AM, Nataly said:

I don't post often anymore and I stopped jumping about a decade ago...  But I'm still alive and kicking!!

I'm still alive and kicking. Quit flinging myself from airplanes in 2005. Hung around DZ.com while things were still super active. Then life happened. Had a kid in 2011 who is now 10 years old... super addicted to flight sims and wants to be a pilot. I guess the apple doesn't drop far from the tree. 

Good to see some names I remember. :) 

oldwoman6 no reason to feel like a new comer! You've got as many or more posts than me and I've been registered since 2001. You've one very well! 

I decide on a hiatus from actual jumping back in 2014 -- anxiety over whether I would get over anxiety to jump on the one day I was available before travel again... just wasn't worth it.  My rigger has my rig until I get back home and am ready to visit the sky again (I hear it will still be there when I'm ready to return). Unfortunately I've also had to suspend judging while I'm in this particular job (note my current location), due to many factors:  location, job stress, and finally COVID (too much effort to prepare for travel, then lack of flights means travel takes WAY too long).  

Bright side -- I'm almost finished with this tour and get to move back to Florida ("bright side" is I live near ZHills, not that I'm excited about Florida lately!).

17 hours ago, TriGirl said:

I decide on a hiatus from actual jumping back in 2014 -- anxiety over whether I would get over anxiety to jump on the one day I was available before travel again... just wasn't worth it.  My rigger has my rig until I get back home and am ready to visit the sky again (I hear it will still be there when I'm ready to return). Unfortunately I've also had to suspend judging while I'm in this particular job (note my current location), due to many factors:  location, job stress, and finally COVID (too much effort to prepare for travel, then lack of flights means travel takes WAY too long).  

Bright side -- I'm almost finished with this tour and get to move back to Florida ("bright side" is I live near ZHills, not that I'm excited about Florida lately!).

Mmmm...  When anxiety kicks in, you either have to push through or else resign yourself to the fact it's probably wiser to leave well enough alone...

21 hours ago, TriGirl said:

You've been in PNG for a long time  Longer than a normal rotation?