docjohn

pulled cutaway handle on exit

No tar and feather for this guy? Where's the "wtf man, watch where you hold; it's not recommended holding onto someone elses rig, because these things can happen; not cool dude; etc.."?

Oh wait, I guess it's all cool to pull your friends cutaway handle because you have 3600 jumps and have a huge laugh about it!

Gotta love DZ.com..
"Dream as you'll live forever, live as you'll die today." James Dean

No tar and feather for this guy? Where's the "wtf man, watch where you hold; it's not recommended holding onto someone elses rig, because these things can happen; not cool dude; etc.."?

Oh wait, I guess it's all cool to pull your friends cutaway handle because you have 3600 jumps and have a huge laugh about it!

Gotta love DZ.com..

No, from a learning point you are correct. You really do need to watch where you take harness grips on exit, from 25 jumps to 25000 jumps. Also, you need to be cognizant of where people are grabbing you on exit.

That being said, and it being an obvious lesson from this video - the look on his buddy's face is one for the record books. It's funny cause everyone is ok.
Had he been hurt at all, I bet you would find people singing a different tune.

It's funny cause everyone is ok.

There's another thread where typical DZ.comers bash a 100 jump guy with a GoPro who ditched his helmet before cutaway, yet he is all ok and well and nobody else was hurt as well.. This can be an exactly same analogy, because next time this guy can pull his friends RESERVE handle on exit instead of a cutaway, now that would make for a "fun" video wouldn't it?

As I pointed out in another thread, it's all about jump numbers here, if you're below 200, you're gonna be bashed no matter what you do, above that and you're in the cool zone..
"Dream as you'll live forever, live as you'll die today." James Dean

There's another thread where typical DZ.comers bash a 100 jump guy with a GoPro who ditched his helmet before cutaway, yet he is all ok and well and nobody else was hurt as well.. This can be an exactly same analogy, because next time this guy can pull his friends RESERVE handle on exit instead of a cutaway, now that would make for a "fun" video wouldn't it?

As I pointed out in another thread, it's all about jump numbers here, if you're below 200, you're gonna be bashed no matter what you do, above that and you're in the cool zone..

You know....i typically chime in and tell Sangi to "Shhhhh" but lately he has been more and more right.

I'm not saying it's not funny, but in this case Sangi is right.

What is the world/this sport coming to?

Ah fuck it....it's dorkzone.com
"If this post needs to be moderated I would prefer it to be completly removed and not edited and butchered into a disney movie" - DorkZone Hero

Sangi, I do get where you are going with this, ad I am not in complete disagreement. However...

The difference? The guy with 3600 jumps knows what he did wrong. Doesn't mean that he didn't screw up, or can't screw up. I bet he'll be more careful now after possibly getting a little complacent about harness grips on exit.

The GoPro / Helmet cutaway thread is a perfect example though of not knowing what you don't know. It has to do with experience. It has to do with a demonstrated attitude. I'll leave discussion of that event over there though.

There are people with over 1000 jumps that I am scared to be in the air with, both freefall and under canopy. there are some very wise and cool-headed 50 jump people that I love to fly with.

The reason people get so uptight here is not wanting to see others make the same mistakes they did and happened to get away with.

The tone is often harsh, as are the consequences.

You have it all wrong. You're not cool until you have 2000 jumps :P

No... if you're under 200 and think you have MAD SKILLZ and post in every thread that you have no business posting in (like wingsuit, camera, etc, etc), THEN you will get bashed.

.... just sayin' :S
Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)

I'm going to have to agree with Sangi on this.

Not one person so far, has come down on this guy for pulling this guy's cutaway handle.

How do you know that the guy with 3600 hundred jumps "knows what he did wrong"?

Why isn't anyone yelling for him to get rid of the camera until he has the where-with-all to focus on mutiple tasks and be safe?

There seems to be a double standard by many of you.

BTW:
I know for a fact that I saw another video from this guy (maybe last year) (maybe youtube) where someone funneled a formation and pulled someone elses PC or reserve as he was funneling through the formation. The canopy just missed the camera.

This group of jumpers (or DZ) seems to be grab happy wiith other people's gear.

I can't stop laughing...... That part where your sitting there pointing at his handle and he finally looks down. The look on his face (ummm ahhhh yeah that's my handle, so what.......oh, what the.....)
"Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing, than a long life spent in a miserable way." - Alan Watts