NeedCoffee

How to finance your jumps ?

There's no way an 18 year old me would have even afforded AFF, let alone taking it up full time.

I earn good money now, but still put other things aside like going out with the missus to pay for getting through my student program. B| she's learnt to settle for chicken nuggets and fries

Go to college or a trade school. Keep jumping as much as you can afford but learn a marketable skill. After school, you can afford to jump a lot more than now.

I started jumping before college and did not let anything get in the way of jumping. I Jumped at Palatka, FL so we got quite a few U of F students. Some of them continued to jump as they finished school. They became able to afford to jump as much as I wanted to jump. The Aesop's Fable about the ant and the grasshopper applies directly. I've had a great time and enjoyed 99% of it. But the sport got too expensive for me. I'll always call myself a skydiver but now I'm semi-retired because that sounds better than semi-unemployed at age 67.
Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossilbe before they were done.
Louis D Brandeis

Where are we going and why are we in this basket?

NeedCoffee

I'm curently working almost everyday after school and every hollydays, but this is not enough.

A job every day should give you thirty bucks or euros (not quite clear where you from).
means: 5 tickets a week > 5 jumps at the weekend
that´s not bad at all

options:
> more work or more risky jobs > more money > more jumps
> find someone who pays for your jumps (maybe you are great in something else ..)
> do crowdfunding and promise to give the money back after you became the youngest worldchampion in skydiving ..
> dig for gold, diamonds or oil
> invent something what everyone needs, like an app for broke people getting money ..
> start a blog about your awesome life
> become famous with your skydiving youtube clips
> become a parachute-packer (already said)
> dont´take advices too serious ..
--------------------------------------------------

With sufficient thrust,
pigs just fly well

Hajo

A job every day should give you thirty bucks or euros (not quite clear where you from).
means: 5 tickets a week > 5 jumps at the weekend
that´s not bad at all

options:
> more work or more risky jobs > more money > more jumps
> find someone who pays for your jumps (maybe you are great in something else ..)
> do crowdfunding and promise to give the money back after you became the youngest worldchampion in skydiving ..
> dig for gold, diamonds or oil
> invent something what everyone needs, like an app for broke people getting money ..
> start a blog about your awesome life
> become famous with your skydiving youtube clips
> become a parachute-packer (already said)
> dont´take advices too serious ..

All good sugestions but the BEST way is to inherit a lot of money. No matter how much it is you'll go through it after a while but by then you should have enough experience to "turn pro"
:)
Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossilbe before they were done.
Louis D Brandeis

Where are we going and why are we in this basket?

mjosparky

***Come jumping in Belgium. We only pay €25,- for a jump with gear hire. With your own gear it's only €15,90.

Pardon in ignorance but what i €25,s and €15,90?

€25 for a jump with rental gear

€15.90 lift ticket

In Freedom Paper that is $28.41 and $18.07, respectively. Not bad.

[edit] can't find block prices on Teuge's site but std prices are € 20,00 to 12k and € 13,00 to rent gear. Still not bad.

Pobrause

Parazentrum Teuge I think, when you buy a ticket block, 12k ft.

Jumping is generally pretty cheap in the Nederlands ^^

The other user said Belgium. Teuge is in Netherlands. In Belgium we have PCV, a club with 3 DZs in Flanders. Strictly speaking it is a club of volunteers, not really a business, which helps to keep the prices low. The DZs open just in the weekend for that reason.

A block of 100 tickets is 1490€ ($1694).

A block of 11 jumps (10+1 free) is 175€ ($198)

A single jump is 17.5€ ($20)

Jump including rental gear is 25€ ($28)

Altitude is 13000ft. No special prices for hop'n'pop

The eastern DZs (Zwartberg and Schaffen) have people from Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, and individuals from Spain, Italy, Greece, UK, US and probably some places more.

Hope that helps to clarify.