4 4
JerryBaumchen

Jan. 6 Panel

6 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi folks,

The old:  The Devil Made Me Do It

Jan. 6 defendant wants jurors to blame Trump, not him, for decision to breach Capitol - POLITICO

Somehow, I doubt this ploy will work.  Then again, if it could get The Donald in the clink, I'll be all for it.

Jerry Baumchen

Russian propagandists have a term for people that spread propaganda, spread disinformation, disproved theories. Useful idiots.

On 4/13/2022 at 11:10 AM, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi folks,

The old:  The Devil Made Me Do It

Jan. 6 defendant wants jurors to blame Trump, not him, for decision to breach Capitol - POLITICO

Somehow, I doubt this ploy will work.  Then again, if it could get The Donald in the clink, I'll be all for it.

Jerry Baumchen

Hi folks,

Nice try, but no cigar:  Man who claimed he was following Trump’s orders convicted in Capitol insurrection - oregonlive.com

Jerry Baumchen

Another insurrectionist convicted.

Retired cop, tried to claim 'self defense'. Said he was 'showing his hands' to the cop, whose gas mask he ripped off.

Riiiiiight.
The jury didn't believe it.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/justice-department/ex-nypd-officer-found-guilty-attacking-dc-cop-flag-pole-jan-6-rcna26710?fbclid=IwAR1NVq5AbXdPXA56M2lhqL-sj0ljUo6eBgbrLSeUF1OEvttGQUWiZTAy-oY

4 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Another insurrectionist convicted.

Retired cop, tried to claim 'self defense'. Said he was 'showing his hands' to the cop, whose gas mask he ripped off.

Riiiiiight.
The jury didn't believe it.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/justice-department/ex-nypd-officer-found-guilty-attacking-dc-cop-flag-pole-jan-6-rcna26710?fbclid=IwAR1NVq5AbXdPXA56M2lhqL-sj0ljUo6eBgbrLSeUF1OEvttGQUWiZTAy-oY

Hi Joe,

Would you?

Jerry Baumchen

(edited)
5 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Joe,

Would you?

Jerry Baumchen

Hi Jerry,

No. 

They mention in the story that the 'cop attacker' claimed that the cop tried to provoke him. 

That:

He told jurors that he thought the D.C. police officer wanted to fight him, and claimed the officer made a provocative gesture, one that wasn't caught on multiple cameras that captured their encounter.

“I almost felt like I was the cop and he was the protester,” Webster said.

Funny how the cameras caught all of his assault, but none of what this asshole claimed the real cop did. 

It doesn't say exactly how long the jury deliberated, but it wasn't very long.

It didn't need to be.

Again from the story:

A juror later told NBC News, “There was no dissension among us at all.”

“We unanimously agreed,” the juror said. “Some said we came to a verdict quickly. We came to a verdict deliberately.”

Edited by wolfriverjoe
  • Like 1

Hi folks,

You have to wonder just how someone like this can get any form of security clearance:  Hale-Cusanelli lived and worked at Naval Weapons Station Earle, where he had "secret" level security clearance and access to military munitions.

Trial Begins For Jan. 6 U.S. Capitol Riot Defendant Timothy Hale-Cusanelli : NPR

As Pogo said, 'I have seen the enemy and he are us.'

Jerry Baumchen

2 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

I am assuming that since the public hearings start on Thursday we will start hearing either about Hunter Biden's laptop, or maybe the tried and trued "Immigrant Caravan", pretty soon.

1 hour ago, ryoder said:

spacer.png

Murdoch got rich by knowing the psychology of his viewers.

2 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

I am assuming that since the public hearings start on Thursday we will start hearing either about Hunter Biden's laptop, or maybe the tried and trued "Immigrant Caravan", pretty soon.

January 6 is not even in the top ten of things US citizens care about.  Have fun with your nothingburger.

• Like 1

(edited)
2 hours ago, brenthutch said:

January 6 is not even in the top ten of things US citizens care about.  Have fun with your nothingburger.

That a wide swath of the American public have been propagandized to the point of permanent delusion does not mean the findings are a nothing burger. The former President incited riot and sedition in a bogus attempt to overthrow a legitimate presidential election.  The result was, for first time in our nations history, that we did not have a peaceful transition of power. You know, that consequence of our vaunted constitution and American exceptionalism and so on. 

If you do not believe that about Trump then you are among the propagandized. If you do then you are no patriot. Which are you today?

Edited by JoeWeber

24 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

That a wide swath of the American public have been propagandized to the point of permanent delusion does not mean the findings are a nothing burger. The former President incited riot and sedition in a bogus attempt to overthrow a legitimate presidential election.  The result was, for first time in our nations history, that we did not have a peaceful transition of power. You know, that consequence of our vaunted constitution and American exceptionalism and so on. 

If you do not believe that about Trump then you are among the propagandized. If you do then you are no patriot. Which are you today?

It was just a bunch of pissed off yahoos petitioning their government for a redress of their grievances. If you think it was some coordinated attempt to overthrow the government….God bless you. 

1 minute ago, brenthutch said:

It was just a bunch of pissed off yahoos petitioning their government for a redress of their grievances. If you think it was some coordinated attempt to overthrow the government….God bless you. 

OK, then you are in named group one and also in unnamed group three, bless your heart.

(edited)
13 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

That a wide swath of the American public have been propagandized to the point of permanent delusion does not mean the findings are a nothing burger.

No ??? required, those are your peeps. And given that you are apparently so concerned with my immortal soul, owing to what you see as my particular delusions, that you offered to me blessings by the current, and locally popular deity I can only deduce that you are a follower of that varying story line, too. Speaking of nothing burgers, as you say.

Edited by JoeWeber

4 hours ago, brenthutch said:

Have fun with your nothingburger.

An attempted insurrection that kills 4 is a "nothingburger."  Hundreds of dead schoolkids?  So what.  Nothing to fix.  Who cares.  COVID?  It's a scam.  And I mean, they're dead already; who cares?  And climate change?  No one has proved that it affects me or my truck.  Republican pedophiles?  Eh, innocent until proven guilty.  And even the guilty ones are probably witch hunt something something.

But Hunter's LAPTOP!  His LAPTOP!  LAPTOP LAPTOP LAPTOP!  There was EMAIL on it!  That's all any God-fearing American cares about!

You guys are funny.

7 hours ago, billvon said:

An attempted insurrection that kills 4 is a "nothingburger."  

Jan 6 doesn’t even make the cut. As I said…nothingburger 

https://www.statista.com/statistics/323380/public-opinion-on-the-most-important-problem-facing-the-us/

BTW climate change comes in at 2%. Good luck with your green new deal.