4 4
JerryBaumchen

Jan. 6 Panel

1 hour ago, GeorgiaDon said:

Rank hypocrisy is pretty much a defining feature of Republican politics these days. 

Newt Gingrich is now suggesting January 6th Committee members may be jailed should Republicans win the mid-terms.

Just let that sink in for a minute....

• Like 2

Newt Gingrich is largely responsible for everything that is wrong about Congress and the Republican Party IMO.  Even if he didn't start some of the pathology, he gave it a huge shot of steroids.  He is a perfect example of the class of politicians who will pursue any course of action, no matter how destructive to the country, to secure his own power, again in my opinion.  Trump would probably not have happened if Gingrich hadn't already degraded what used to be the Republican party so thoroughly.  He orchestrated the Clinton impeachment, built around Clinton's (exceedingly ill-advised) affair with Lewinsky at the same time he was shagging his own mistress, which illustrates the degree of shameless hypocrisy he is effortlessly capable of.  I would not waste piss on him if he was on fire.  He is, to my mind, evil incarnate.   If I had more time I'd tell you what I really think of him!

• Like 5

WaPo Feb 1, 2022:

Some records sent to Jan. 6 committee were torn up, taped back together — mirroring a Trump habit

The National Archives confirmed Trump’s unusual habit of ripping up documents, which forced aides to attempt to piece them back together in order to comply with the Presidential Records Act.

Hi folks,

Donald Trump received bad legal advice from advisers who “were basically snake oil salesmen,”

Trump was advised by 'snake oil salesmen,' former Pence chief of staff says - POLITICO

IMO Marc Short has it wrong:  The true snake oil salesman is Trump himself.  He needs no assistance in that area.

Jerry Baumchen

If he has negotiated immunity in exchange for his testimony it might be a good deal for him.  I realize the Jan 6 panel cannot charge anyone with a crime, but he could negotiate a deal where his testimony can't be used against him, and then use that cooperation to argue for leniency, or try the Bill Cosby strategy of using the deal to get charges dismissed.

Hi folks,

Another one has his lodging paid for:  An Idaho man who hit a police officer with a pipe as part of the mob that stormed the U.S. Capitol last year was sentenced Friday to more than four years in federal prison.

Capitol rioter from Idaho gets 4 years in federal prison for attacking police - oregonlive.com

Jerry Baumchen

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ryoder said:

AP sources: Ivanka Trump set to testify before Jan. 6 panel

So what is the over–under on the number of times she pleads the fifth?

"When did your father talk to Ali Alexander about organizing the attack on the Capitol?"

"I'm sorry, I don't remember what time he got that call, so I am going to have to plead the fifth."

3 minutes ago, billvon said:

"When did your father talk to Ali Alexander about organizing the attack on the Capitol?"

"I'm sorry, I don't have to answer that question. Daddy gave me a pardon and I have it at my Mar-a-Lago residence"

FIFY

On 2/1/2022 at 8:14 AM, kallend said:

WaPo Feb 1, 2022:

Some records sent to Jan. 6 committee were torn up, taped back together — mirroring a Trump habit

The National Archives confirmed Trump’s unusual habit of ripping up documents, which forced aides to attempt to piece them back together in order to comply with the Presidential Records Act.

image.jpeg.ceb34680e925c9e3255da9c3ab67baae.jpeg