4 4
JerryBaumchen

Jan. 6 Panel

2 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

Any evidence that says he was working with the FBI prior to Jan 6 and not just after Jan 6?

Doesn't matter.

There's a huge issue with 'FBI informants'.
It's not new.

You have to remember that those informants are part of the criminal element. 
They have to be or they wouldn't have any information worth anything (Captain Obvious, at your service).

And they continue on as criminals, despite informing on their cohorts.

Look up Whitey Bulger for a rather fascinating and frightening look into this world.

13 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

Any evidence that says he was working with the FBI prior to Jan 6 and not just after Jan 6?

I only know what I read in the papers.

Actually, if he wasn't working for the Feds before Jan 6, they very much had him by the balls thereafter.

I have a fuzzy idea of what the idiots who stormed the Capitol expected to achieve ("stop the steal?" Right.) but this guy's 'leadership' could not have been more detrimental to the 'movement.'

It just goes to show that there's plenty of stupidity to go around.

BSBD,

Winsor

2 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

Of course it matters. The whole crux of that article is the theory that the FBI pretty much orchestrated the whole Jan 6 event.

That's not a "theory". 

That's idiocy.

It's as plausible as the claim that it was "Antifa" that was behind the attack.

Anyone with 2 eyes and half a brain should understand exactly who was behind the attack. And who participated.

I don't care what those sorts of 'articles' claim.
They're bullshit.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

It's as plausible as the claim that it was "Antifa" that was behind the attack.

Yep.  I loved the screen grabs from the rioters Instagram feeds.  They read like:

Jan 5th: "Get ready to RETAKE THE NATION!  We will not be stopped until the rightful president is put back in power!"
Jan 6th: "This is me and my buddies making history at the Capitol!"
Jan 7th: "It was all Antifa."

40 minutes ago, billvon said:

Yep.  I loved the screen grabs from the rioters Instagram feeds.  They read like:

Jan 5th: "Get ready to RETAKE THE NATION!  We will not be stopped until the rightful president is put back in power!"
Jan 6th: "This is me and my buddies making history at the Capitol!"
Jan 7th: "It was all Antifa."

Hi Bill,

And, how many of the charged have confessed & are talking their butts off?  So far, I think everyone of them who've been given the choice.

Jerry Baumchen

3 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi folks,

Another one bites the dust:  More than 700 people have been charged with federal crimes related to the (Jan 6th) riot. Over 150 of them have pleaded guilty

Proud Boy member pleads guilty in US Capitol riot, agrees to cooperate with prosecutors - oregonlive.com

Jerry Baumchen

Its amazing how the thought of prison stripes brings focus to the racist mind.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

Its amazing how the thought of prison stripes brings focus to the racist mind.

Hi Phil,

Per Samuel Johnson:  "Depend upon it, sir, when a man knows he is to be hanged in a fortnight, it concentrates his mind wonderfully."

The Samuel Johnson Sound Bite Page: Apocrypha

Jerry Baumchen

3 hours ago, Stumpy said:
On 12/24/2021 at 3:39 PM, SkyDekker said:

As one of America's wisest philosophers once said:

“Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.”

Wisest philosopher might be pushing it a touch there .....

It's just the scary truth of humanity, and everyone knows it.

39 minutes ago, Stumpy said:

Dont disagree with the quote - but wasnt the person who said that mike tyson? Calling him Wise is a stretch!

There's a difference between wisdom and intelligence.

But I guess there's also a difference between actually acquiring wisdom and simply saying something wise, especially if it's on accident. . .

Mike Tyson is known to be a student of the history of boxing. And he is generally considered to be very wise on that subject.

When he made the statement he was not speaking metaphorically but literally. It’s on you if you choose to use it as a metaphor not him.

Edited by gowlerk

Hi folks,

More losing; it just keeps on going, and going, and going:  Judge Refuses To Dismiss Indictment Against Four Alleged Leaders Of Proud Boys : NPR

Judge Timothy Kelly on Tuesday rejected defense attorneys' arguments that the four men . . . are charged with conduct that is protected by the First Amendment right to free speech.

Jerry Baumchen

(edited)
43 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi folks,

Crocodile tears anyone:  Capitol rioters’ tears . . . don’t spare them from jail

Capitol rioters’ tears, remorse don’t spare them from jail for Jan. 6 attack - oregonlive.com

Jerry Baumchen

They likely all thought they would go into the history books as heroes like the "Boston tea party" rioters.

Edited by gowlerk

2 hours ago, gowlerk said:

They likely all thought they would go into the history books as heroes like the "Boston tea party" rioters.

Ron started the thread and called it 'History In The Making'.

He clearly thought something along those lines.

I saw a stat on the news tonight that 56% of Rs think that the insurrection attempt was actually patriotism.
I've seen the stat recently that over 60% of Rs believe the idiotic lie that the election was 'stolen' (someone please explain to me why the Rs nearly kept the Senate and gained seats in the House).

Fucking idiots.

Hi folks,

Since they did not take over via the insurrection, they seem to be trying this:  They stormed the Capitol. Now they’re running for office. - POLITICO

At least 57 individuals . . .  including some who were arrested on charges related to the Capitol attack — are running for office in 2022.

Jerry Baumchen