4 4
JerryBaumchen

Jan. 6 Panel

3 hours ago, metalslug said:

..and lefty fantasies do not imply that he did do something. Believing that a mere 2000 civilian yahoos in mob formation constitutes a viable coup attempt against a force as significant as the US... is like trying to make a legal argument that a spitwad strike constitutes 'attempted murder'. Good luck with that in any court of learned legal judgement. You really should leave this one to the professionals.

Are you aware of how close they came to succeeding?

They didn't have to 'take over the government'.

They only had to prevent Congress & the VP from certifying the election.

If they had managed to do that, there is/was a very real chance that they could have ignored the election results and could have installed Trump as president for a 2nd term.

The more I learn about this, the more I realize how complex, intricate, and well planned this whole thing was.

The Jedi mind trick the greatest grifter in history has pulled off is astounding.

I watch people defending his actions and just shake my head.

He violated his oath of office by not protecting the Constitution from domestic enemies.

The only way his flying monkeys even knew Pence would do a ceremonial procedure on January 6th was because of Trump.

He is not a Republican or Democrat. He is just Trump. He only cares about Trump.

I can only imagine if Obama had done this with Antifa and BLM protestors, the GOP would have already had a huge senate hearing and he would be in jail. And the Democrats would agree. 

Fake electors.

A riot.

Witness intimidation.

White supremacy militias.

A president that did nothing while people were trying to kill the VP and others in the Capitol.

Blue lives matter unless the red hats are doing the beatings.

In what world would anyone accept Trump as a serious candidate again? It’s mind boggling.

Land of the free…

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, grimmie said:

I watch people defending his actions and just shake my head.

In years past republicans considered how to help other republicans do a good job, govern, pass laws that favor them etc.

Today republicans consider only how to hurt the most democrats and democratic causes.  When you drill down into any of their strategies, that's all there is to them.  If Trump will hurt trans people/women/science/blacks then they support him.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, gowlerk said:

The military was asked to participate. Their leaders declined. Trump did attempt a coup of sorts. But he is and was incompetent and he surrounded himself with incompetent helpers.

That is why I think DeSantis is even more dangerous than Trump. He is just as vile, but not as goat-fuck stupid as Trump.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, billvon said:

If Trump will hurt trans people/women/science/blacks then they support him.

?? That must be the reason why there are no females, blacks, trans people or scientists that vote Republican.>.<   I'll happily agree that Trump is unintelligent, narcissistic and unpresidential. Enough faults to discount him without needing to make additional shit up. The ludicrous lefty dogma that just gets invented on the fly is hilarious.

36 minutes ago, metalslug said:

?? That must be the reason why there are no females, blacks, trans people or scientists that vote Republican.>.<   I'll happily agree that Trump is unintelligent, narcissistic and unpresidential. Enough faults to discount him without needing to make additional shit up. The ludicrous lefty dogma that just gets invented on the fly is hilarious.

Any opinion on Trumps efforts to grift money off the back of the death of his ex wife and mother of 3 of his kids? 

Lower than a snakes scrotum...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, metalslug said:

?? That must be the reason why there are no females, blacks, trans people or scientists that vote Republican.

There are quite a few.  But the vast majority of them are supporting Trump in hopes he will hurt the OTHER people.  Immigrants?  Fuck em; they're all rapists.  Sure, the person saying that may be black or gay, but it sure does feel good to have someone lower on the pecking order.  For some people at least.

6 hours ago, metalslug said:

If you’re arguing that he and the republicans don’t pursue policies that are harmful to women’s rights, racial equality and trans people then I’m not sure what reality you live in.

Anyway, I’m still more interested in getting an explanation of your ridiculous righty dogma that has invented a new definition of what a coup is.

2 minutes ago, jakee said:

... then I’m not sure what reality you live in.

That's always been the hallmark of your posts here. Unsure and from an alternate reality. I  can't help you there.

2 minutes ago, jakee said:

Anyway, I’m still more interested in getting an explanation of your ridiculous righty dogma that has invented a new definition of what a coup is.

The one recognised by the DOJ and other legal authorities. Have patience. He'll be found guilty of that charge.. or not. 

(edited)
41 minutes ago, metalslug said:

The one recognised by the DOJ and other legal authorities.

Now this squirming is hilarious, as well as not knowing what a coup is.

You're really establishing a reputation here :rofl:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coup_d'état

A coup d'état (/ˌkdˈtɑː/ (11px-Loudspeaker.svg.pnglisten); French for 'stroke of state'),[1] (also known as a coup or overthrow) is a seizure and removal of a government and its powers. Typically, it is an illegal seizure of power by a political faction, rebel group, military, or a dictator.[2][3][4] Many scholars consider a coup successful when the usurpers seize and hold power for at least seven days.[2] 

Edited by olofscience

(edited)
1 hour ago, metalslug said:

The one recognised by the DOJ and other legal authorities. Have patience. He'll be found guilty of that charge.. or not. 

So why were you talking about a completely different one? Why were you arguing that a coup needs to involve replacing the military leadership? Have you figured out yet what happened in Myanmar and so many other nations when it is the military leadership that usurps power? You say those aren’t coups, so what are they?

Do you deny, in the face of all evidence, logic and reason that Trump and his team attempted to illegally usurp power on Jan 6th? You deny that there was any plot to overturn the election result?

See, all if this is solid evidence that you live in an alternate reality created by your slavish adherence to radical right wing talking points. 

Edited by jakee

3 hours ago, ryoder said:

Fully vaxxed & boosted.  He should be fine. 

One thing I've learned - the claims that the newer variants are 'mild' has some truth to it...

As long as you're vaxxed.

Unvaxxed, not so much.

Hi folks,

Trump likes to say, 'I love the uneducated.'

This one is about as dumb as one can get:  investigation revealed video posted to a social media account that authorities said showed Bledsoe on top of the wall outside the Capitol

And even better:  Bledsoe turned to the camera and said, “In the Capitol. This is our house. We pay for this ****. Where’s those pieces of **** at?”

Capitol rioter who declared ‘This is our house’ is convicted of Jan. 6 crimes | The Hill

Jerry Baumchen

PS)  I'm sure that he was surprised when he was convicted.

4 hours ago, billvon said:

Up next: Trump says "It was all THEM!  Not me!  THEY did it all!  And then they deleted the proof!"

Well tonights hearings are over. For many the relief must be palpable: no more hearings to not watch until September.

1 hour ago, ryoder said:

Darn George beat me to it:

Screen Shot 2022-07-22 at 06.22.03.png

Of all the awful Republicans in government Hawley must be close to the top of the shit list just because you really strongly get the feeling that he knows better.

MTG says evil and insane things because she’s insane, Lindsay Graham does because he’s a craven kiss ass who’s terrified of falling out with the big kids. Trump does it because he’s a pure narcissist powered on by a mix of ADHD and prescription drug side effects… Josh Hawley does it purely because he’s a cynical, manipulative rat bastard who’s calculated it as the best path to power. 

It’s heart warming to know that forever being the ‘leader’ who ran away will be an almost insurmountable obstacle in the way of any higher office than the one he has now.

• Like 1