4 4
JerryBaumchen

Jan. 6 Panel

(edited)

Midday today, the House Select Committee to Investigate the January 6th Attack on the U.S. Capitol announced a hearing “to present recently obtained evidence and receive witness testimony.” This is a surprise, and it was not until late tonight that reporters confirmed with their sources that the witness will be Cassidy Hutchinson, an aide to former president Trump’s chief of staff Mark Meadows. Hutchinson was the person who revealed that congress members had asked for pardons.

https://heathercoxrichardson.substack.com/p/june-27-2022

Not sure why this is a surprise when we have already seen video of her deposition previously.

Also from the same article:

Meanwhile in Colorado, Tina Peters, an election official from Mesa County who has been charged with crimes for her role in trying to overturn the results of the election, on Friday told Nick Corasaniti and Alexandra Berzon of the New York Times that Lauren Boebert (R-CO) encouraged her “to go forward” with stealing and sharing voter information. That information, allegedly obtained through identity theft and illegal breach of computers, later turned up on a right-wing website and at a symposium organized by Mike Lindell, the owner of the MyPillow Company and a leading Trump supporter, alleging voter fraud. A press secretary for Boebert calls the claims false.

Edited by ryoder

I was driving for a few hours today, and was listening to todays surprise witness on the radio. One of Mark Meadow’s top aides; among other things she described the aftermath of a Trump temper tantrum (plate thrown at the wall; ketchup cleanup), and his willingness to go to the Capitol for the insurrection (“I’m the fucking President - take me there”). 
I haven’t been glued to the radio or TV for these; to me, it’s kind of like renting a video of a dumpster fire. But maybe I should, just so I can be properly pissed off.

Wendy P. 

4 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

I was driving for a few hours today, and was listening to todays surprise witness on the radio. One of Mark Meadow’s top aides; among other things she described the aftermath of a Trump temper tantrum (plate thrown at the wall; ketchup cleanup), and his willingness to go to the Capitol for the insurrection (“I’m the fucking President - take me there”). 
I haven’t been glued to the radio or TV for these; to me, it’s kind of like renting a video of a dumpster fire. But maybe I should, just so I can be properly pissed off.

Wendy P. 

I'm seeing some wild reactions on Twitter today.

I have not watched it yet, but will shortly. I always download the video after the hearing so I can stop/start it as desired, w/o streaming issues.

Official site here: https://www.youtube.com/c/January6thCmte/videos

Hi folks,

The insanity goes & goes & goes . . . :  The audience, which appears to be all white and mostly middle-aged

Hundreds of grassroots events have fueled the lie that Trump won the election : NPR

As MJOSparky used to say on here, 'You cannot fix stupid.'

They remind me of a lot of Germans after WW II ended.  Some believed as long as they lived.

Jerry Baumchen

On 6/28/2022 at 2:41 PM, wmw999 said:

Wendy P. 

Kind of funny how the Mango Mussolini ISN'T disputing the allegations of criminal activity. 
Just the ones that show what an immature, selfish, petulant little brat he really is.

1 hour ago, ryoder said:

Unbelievable; A shyster who has withdrawn from the case and been disbarred, continues to file motions.

Judge in Oath Keepers Jan. 6 Cases Warns Disbarred Attorney to Stop Filing Motions or Else Face ‘Appropriate Sanctions’

Hi Robert,

Timex, the watch that never stops ticking:  Amazon.com: Timex Unisex TW5M11900 Ironman GPS White Silicone Strap Watch : Electronics

Jerry Baumchen

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/jan-6-panel-ex-white-house-lawyer-spoke-trumps-supreme-dereliction-dut-rcna37479

"

"In our interview with Mr. Cipollone, the Committee received critical testimony on nearly every major topic in its investigation, reinforcing key points regarding Donald Trump’s misconduct and providing highly relevant new information that will play a central role in its upcoming hearings," the statement from House Select Committee spokesman Tim Mulvey read.

It continued: "This includes information demonstrating Donald Trump’s supreme dereliction of duty."

DOJ not impressed with Bannon's offer to testify:

Steve Bannon's defense accused of lying to a judge – in after midnight DOJ court filing: report

On June 29, 2022, former President Donald Trump's attorney, who sent the letter on which the defendant claimed his noncompliance was based, confirmed what his correspondence has already established: that the former president never invoked executive privilege over any particular information or materials; that the former president's counsel never asked or was asked to attend the defendant's deposition before the select committee, that the defendant's attorney misrepresented to the committee what the former president's counsel had told the defendant's attorney; and that the letter provided no basis for total noncompliance

On 7/8/2022 at 6:16 PM, ryoder said:

Sole reason might be to get out of criminal proceedings, but that appears to have backfired. Turns out Trump never exerted Executive Privilege to begin with......

https://abcnews.go.com/US/doj-reveals-investigators-interviewed-trumps-attorney-connection-bannon/story?id=86588798

On 6/28/2022 at 12:41 PM, wmw999 said:

Wendy P. 

I have been watching or listening to them all and I am properly pissed off. I am properly pissed off that we're 18 months since an obvious coup attempt by a sitting US President and all we've done is put some hot headed morons in the can. There is no obvious indication that the DOJ will do anything beyond deploring the whole sorry mess. The hearings are great but are being ignored by most people, even smart ones like you. It's time to do something even if it's wrong.

• Like 1