4 4
JerryBaumchen

Jan. 6 Panel

On 6/13/2022 at 11:05 PM, headoverheels said:

Back to the thread subject:

Trump will be indicted.

I just don't see it.

The Republican party have shown time and again that they're more than willing to completely ignore any moral judgement or legal evidence if it protects their political power and interests, and Trump is still valuable to them.

• Like 5

(edited)
On 6/17/2022 at 9:36 PM, ryoder said:

The statement by former judge J. Michael Luttig, which was referenced in the public hearing yesterday:

Statement of J. Michael Luttig

I have known that the commentary shows on FOX Prop at night are insanely skewed (Tucker, Judge Jeanine, etc). That’s fine, because it’s commentary. I have seen as well some partisan disingenuous crap spewed during the day as well, but at least the news programs try to do better.

Now this weekend: I’m visiting my dad, who tends to watch an awful lot of FOX. Last visit he couldn’t keep from parroting the crap, but he’s been much better during this visit. However, he just turned on this show I hadn’t heard of called “Life, Liberty & Levin.” Wow. This guy spews out crap in the style of Donald Trump. Misstatements delivered at the cyclic rate, moving from false premise to outright untruth with little if any thread of logical connection.

I have a deal with my step-mother that I will refrain from trying to refute (or at least, keep from arguing). So far Dad has still refrained from speaking up while this show is going on, but the fact that he loves this show and watched every Sunday evening is concerning.

Note: I put this post in the Jan 6 thread because the first 10-12 minutes of the show was this guy’s diatribe against the Commission, Nancy Pelosi, Jaime Raskin and the hearings (totally mischaracterizing the purpose of the hearings as the premise of the digs at the individual characters, including how Michael Luttig’s testimony was crap because he isn’t really a lawyer — huh?). 

Anyone else familiar with this show? 

Edited by TriGirl

1 hour ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Not sure if this is the best place for this, but it's the closest to the top - 

How can you be certain Trump was behind the insurrection attempt?

Because it failed. 

Not mine, but definitely worth sharing. 

That one starts out funny, then gets sad and scary pretty quick when you think on it a moment

2 hours ago, lippy said:

That one starts out funny, then gets sad and scary pretty quick when you think on it a moment

It's been sad and scary since November of 2016. It hasn't been funny at all, even though there have been a lot of jokes about it.

What's probably the scariest (at least to me) about the Jan 6 insurrection attempt is how many people are dismissing it, ignoring it, pretending it didn't happen, pretending it wasn't serious, all that.

As I've said a bunch of times, it would have been very interesting to see what would have happened had the mob gotten their hands on Pence.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wolfriverjoe said:

It's been sad and scary since November of 2016. It hasn't been funny at all, even though there have been a lot of jokes about it.

What's probably the scariest (at least to me) about the Jan 6 insurrection attempt is how many people are dismissing it, ignoring it, pretending it didn't happen, pretending it wasn't serious, all that.

As I've said a bunch of times, it would have been very interesting to see what would have happened had the mob gotten their hands on Pence.

Hi Joe,

I think that there is a very strong probability that he would not have survived the day.

IMO they were enraged; that means just about anything could have happened.

Mobs do not think rationally.

Jerry Baumchen

7 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Even more interesting, and maybe not in a good way, would have been the legislative, executive, and legal responses

Wendy P. 

4 hours ago, wmw999 said:

Even more interesting, and maybe not in a good way, would have been the legislative, executive, and legal responses

"They killed Pence?  Thoughts and prayers.  We CERTAINLY can't certify the election now.  We will just postpone it until we can sort this out.  It's the only rational response."

On 6/17/2022 at 12:55 PM, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi folks,

Actions have consequences:  Controversial doctor sentenced to prison for Jan. 6 actions; reputation ‘utterly shredded’ by aftermath - oregonlive.com

Gold founded America’s Frontline Doctors. a group known for purveying COVID-19 misinformation. 

Jerry Baumchen

12 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

and its getting worse. After all hunting RINOs is a slogan, a joke and a dog whistle all at the same time. When is that wall at the Canadian border scheduled to be built?

spacer.png

spacer.png

10 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

I think that there is a very strong probability that he would not have survived the day.

Most likely the secret service would have had enough bullets to drive off the hoards. There could have been several casualties. Pence would not have been taken without a bloodbath.