4 4
JerryBaumchen

Jan. 6 Panel

41 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/immigration/border-surge-biden-admin-plans-send-migrants-cities-deeper-us-starting-rcna32530

“The Department of Homeland Security plans to transport migrants awaiting immigration proceedings from U.S. cities along the southern border farther into the interior of the country, beginning with Los Angeles in the coming weeks, according to internal documents obtained by NBC News.”

Thats going to make a nice bumper sticker for some aspiring Republicans 

Well, are you going to credit Biden with keeping the cost of gas down?

20 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

Well, are you going to credit Biden with keeping the cost of gas down?

The only thing going down is the stock market, gas on the other hand has gone up every day for the last 12 days, and will likely pass a national average of $5.00 a gallon sometime tomorrow.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

Should we bomb Mexico? Machine Gun the migrants? Should Poland be bombing Ukraine and machine gunning Ukrainian migrants? Should Europe be sinking every boat of migrants trying to land? It's a world problem not a Biden problem no matter how full of glee it all makes one Pennsylvanian feel.

I think that spending all the money necessary to build a completely impregnable wall would do it. Since that's impossible, it can always be the Democrats' fault. Win-win situation.

Wendy P.

1 minute ago, brenthutch said:

The only thing going down is the stock market, gas on the other hand has gone up every day for the last 12 days, and will likely pass a national average of $5.00 a gallon sometime tomorrow.

Still less than most of the world, right? And what about the rest of the worlds markets? What about world supply chains etc.?

(edited)
16 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

Still less than most of the world, right? And what about the rest of the worlds markets? What about world supply chains etc.?

That's all Biden's fault too.

Just ask the Trumpettes.

Edit to add:

Heather Cox Richardson reported a rather 'fun fact' on the supply chain issue.
Apparently it now costs TWELVE TIMES as much as before the pandemic to send a shipping container from China to the US.

That's all Biden's fault. 
Nothing to do with the fact that there are 9 companies that control virtually ALL the container shipping in the world.

Edited by wolfriverjoe

15 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

... it can always be the Democrats' fault. Win-win situation.

Wendy P.

Currently  "Layoffs fell to a two-decade low in April while job openings retreated from record highs, showing that the white-hot labor market is cooling slightly.

Employers advertised 11.4 million jobs at the end of April, the Labor Department said Wednesday. That's down from nearly 11.9 million in March, the highest level on records that date back 20 years." Gee! full employment and 11.4 million job openings. Perhaps if that caravan of prospective new workers was met with open friendly arms.

There would be workers to serve more people and manufacture more goods. To pay taxes and drive up US tax revenues. To drive down inflation associated with a new supply of goods and services.

17 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

There would be workers to serve more people and manufacture more goods. To pay taxes and drive up US tax revenues. To drive down inflation associated with a new supply of goods and services.

You make a good point. Millions of illegals working under the table will reduce wages for working class Americans, curtail their spending power, reduce demand and drive down inflation.

45 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

Never mind the fact that crude oil is not trading at all time records, yet gasoline is. This is capitalism at work. Would Brent prefer for the government to step in and regulate?

Fox News in an effort to prevent their viewers from being exposed to the Jan 6 committee ran commercial free to try and stop their viewers from changing channels.

Tell me again how that isn't the actions of a pure propaganda network. Foregoing revenue to "protect"  a narrative.

1 hour ago, Phil1111 said:

But.....they might vote wrong.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

Fox News in an effort to prevent their viewers from being exposed to the Jan 6 committee ran commercial free to try and stop their viewers from changing channels.

Tell me again how that isn't the actions of a pure propaganda network. Foregoing revenue to "protect"  a narrative.

It's incredible they are comfortable being so bold about it. Time to exclude them from WH Pressers until they prove they really are "fair and balanced".

32 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

It's incredible they are comfortable being so bold about it. Time to exclude them from WH Pressers until they prove they really are "fair and balanced".

"On election night 2016, former Fox News director Jack Hanick was in Moscow — attending a pro-GOP party,...The United States was “losing its moral core and fiber,” Hanick continued. By contrast, he praised the moral awakening in the land led by Vladimir Putin. “Russia has been embracing Orthodox Christianity. This has been a major change. Russia is moving toward Christianity; America is moving away from Christianity.”...Today, this self-styled defender of moral fiber is jailed in London, awaiting extradition on charges he violated U.S. law ...“Hanick knowingly chose to help Malofeyev spread his destabilizing messages,” said Assistant Attorney General Matthew G. Olsen, announcing the indictment last week. The charges put Hanick, 71, at risk of 25 years in prison."

Today Hannity, Carlson and other FOX celebrities pander and get paid by Putin. So its the same old same old. Murdoch's cut from Putin is undisclosed.

Kremlin Spokespeople Are Reliable Sources — at Least to Sean Hannity "Hannity’s Kremlin sourcing is only the latest in a series of Russian-esque diversion tactics broadcast on Fox News since the beginning of the Ukranian invasion."

Putin’s Goons Say Tucker Carlson Is Must-See TV "on March 3, the Kremlin circulated a talking point to state-run media outlets telling them it was of the utmost importance to run Carlson’s commentary. “It is essential to use as much as possible fragments of broadcasts of the popular Fox News host Tucker Carlson, who sharply criticizes the actions of the United States [and] NATO, their negative role in unleashing the conflict in Ukraine, [and] the defiantly provocative behavior from the leadership of the Western countries and NATO towards the Russian Federation and towards President Putin, personally,”

58 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

Well, you wouldn't want too many Russians learning about what's happening on the Jan 6th commission.  They might lose faith in Trump.

3 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

..... "$5 a gallon gas, 3+ million illegals crossing our southern border, no baby formula, inflation higher than it’s been in both of our lifetimes, and this is what you want to talk about?"...... Brent for the umpteenth time?  Nope. That was Boebert to AOC when asked if she was one of the congress critters who asked Trump for a pardon for tweeting Pelosi's location on January 6. Now I can't speak for anyone else but I'd be quite sullen to find out that I was on the same page of talking points as Lauren Boebert. Imagine if my black friend found out.

13 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

..... "$5 a gallon gas, 3+ million illegals crossing our southern border, no baby formula, inflation higher than it’s been in both of our lifetimes, and this is what you want to talk about?"...... Brent for the umpteenth time?  Nope. That was Boebert to AOC when asked if she was one of the congress critters who asked Trump for a pardon for tweeting Pelosi's location on January 6. Now I can't speak for anyone else but I'd be quite sullen to find out that I was on the same page of talking points as Lauren Boebert. Imagine if my black friend found out.

Good news about Colorado's most famous wack-job:

Denver Post: Lauren Boebert’s mileage reimbursements under investigation, state officials say

2 minutes ago, ryoder said:

Yep, I read she said it was a distance equal to the distance around the world. So at 39,000 miles it should be easier to figure out which world she came from.

(edited)
18 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

Never mind the fact that crude oil is not trading at all time records, yet gasoline is. This is capitalism at work. Would Brent prefer for the government to step in and regulate?

The difference is due to the lack of refining capacity largely due to government over-regulation.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-05-13/gasoline-diesel-jet-fuel-refining-capacity-is-too-low-in-the-us-to-meet-demand

Edited by brenthutch

(edited)
2 hours ago, brenthutch said:

The difference is due to the lack of refining capacity largely due to government over-regulation.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-05-13/gasoline-diesel-jet-fuel-refining-capacity-is-too-low-in-the-us-to-meet-demand

Too low to meet demand. 3000' down the hill from my office window is Oregon State Hwy 211. It's a view I've had for decades. From my perch I can see no lessening in traffic volume that can be attributed to anything including gas prices. I needed to wait in line to gas up this week. Big 4X4's towing sand buggies were lined up going through the McDonalds double lane drive through next to the gas station. Were it not for the incessant need of some folks to score political points 5 buck gas, cheap by world standards, wouldn't be an issue. 

Edited by JoeWeber
  • Like 2

I love the ever changing rationales by the right in an attempt to blame Biden.

"Biden SHUT DOWN oil wells!"
"No, he didn't.  He didn't shut down a single well and there are over 2000 undrilled sites ready to go, as soon as oil companies feel like it.
"But . . . but . . . he SHUT DOWN the Keystone!"
"Again, no.  The Keystone is up and running and importing foreign oil.  He stopped work on the Keystone XL, but that wouldn't have been finished until 2026 anyway and thus has no bearing on gas prices."
"But . .  but . . . America used export oil and now we import it!"
"America has always both imported and exported oil.  And as of now we are exporting more than we are importing."
"But . .. but . . . see . . . it's the lack of refining capacity due to Biden's over-regulation!"
"Nope.  No new regulations that affect refineries since Biden got into office."
"But . . . but . . .he SHUT DOWN oil wells!"

And repeat.

1 hour ago, JoeWeber said:

Too low to meet demand. 3000' down the hill from my office window is Oregon State Hwy 211. It's a view I've had for decades. From my perch I can see no lessening in traffic volume that can be attributed to anything including gas prices. I needed to wait in line to gas up this week. Big 4X4's towing sand buggies were lined up going through the McDonalds double lane drive through next to the gas station. Were it not for the incessant need of some folks to score political points 5 buck gas, cheap by world standards, wouldn't be an issue. 

Hi Joe,

Dead on.  Last week I was going out to dinner.  I had a 5:30 reservation.  The traffic was so bad, I worried about getting there on time.

As I sat in traffic, I thought that this was just like two days before X-mas.

IMO $5/gal is not stopping the movement of people in the country.

Should we try for $7/gal and see what happens?

Nothing but crocodile tears.

Jerry Baumchen

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, billvon said:

I love the ever changing rationales by the right in an attempt to blame Biden.

"Biden SHUT DOWN oil wells!"
"No, he didn't.  He didn't shut down a single well and there are over 2000 undrilled sites ready to go, as soon as oil companies feel like it.
"But . . . but . . . he SHUT DOWN the Keystone!"
"Again, no.  The Keystone is up and running and importing foreign oil.  He stopped work on the Keystone XL, but that wouldn't have been finished until 2026 anyway and thus has no bearing on gas prices."
"But . .  but . . . America used export oil and now we import it!"
"America has always both imported and exported oil.  And as of now we are exporting more than we are importing."
"But . .. but . . . see . . . it's the lack of refining capacity due to Biden's over-regulation!"
"Nope.  No new regulations that affect refineries since Biden got into office."
"But . . . but . . .he SHUT DOWN oil wells!"

And repeat.

Hi Bill,

Facts are such terrible things.

Once again:  The American electorate is ignorant & prefers to stay that way.

Jerry Baumchen

45 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

IMO $5/gal is not stopping the movement of people in the country.

Should we try for $7/gal and see what happens?

Nothing but crocodile tears.

Jerry Baumchen

The US dollar is soaring and the only western currency keeping up is CAD. High gas prices are good for the economy. The main reason for the lack of investment in refining capacity is people aren’t stupid. They can clearly see the changes coming and they don’t want to throw away cash in a declining technology.

2 hours ago, gowlerk said:

The main reason for the lack of investment in refining capacity is people aren’t stupid. They can clearly see the current administration is hostile to fossil fuel.

And that is why we will see a change in government in five months. 

• Like 1