4 4
JerryBaumchen

Jan. 6 Panel

10 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Jan 6 doesn’t even make the cut. As I said…nothingburger 

https://www.statista.com/statistics/323380/public-opinion-on-the-most-important-problem-facing-the-us/

BTW climate change comes in at 2%. Good luck with your green new deal.

The closest parallel is the Floyd protests. I guess you care more about those, don't you.

Wendy P.

25 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

The closest parallel is the Floyd protests. I guess you care more about those, don't you.

Wendy P.

I’m just sharing what the majority of our citizens care about. As you can see, January 6 is nowhere to be found. (The same can pretty much be said about gun control and climate change.  Which is odd, as those topics seem to animate many on this forum.)

13 hours ago, brenthutch said:

It was just a bunch of pissed off yahoos petitioning their government for a redress of their grievances. If you think it was some coordinated attempt to overthrow the government

Considering multiple people have been charged with AND multiple people have pleaded guilty to seditious conspiracy you are either lying, or your news sources are too far right and you are simply being kept stupid.

The definition of seditious conspiracy according to your criminal code:

"If two or more persons in any State or Territory, or in any place subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, conspire to overthrow, put down, or to destroy by force the Government of the United States, or to levy war against them, or to oppose by force the authority thereof, or by force to prevent, hinder, or delay the execution of any law of the United States, or by force to seize, take, or possess any property of the United States contrary to the authority thereof, they shall each be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both."

18 hours ago, brenthutch said:

January 6 is not even in the top ten of things US citizens care about.  Have fun with your nothingburger.

I heard on a podcast today that the apathy response is, "it's in the past, it didn't ultimately change anything, let it go."  Though I will allow that perhaps your comment refers to the top 10 things US citizens care about on a day-to-day basis (think pocketbook/kitchen table issues), if by chance it instead follows the "it's in the past" mindset, this is a sad state of affairs on multiple levels.

Social Studies and Civics need to be restored to the public school curriculum through Grade 12 (local government, federal government, history, comparative politics, geography, legislative process, etc).  Those who really don't care, who are truly apathetic because it's "in the past" have no idea just how precarious our democratic model is, and what is at stake should it be dismantled.  I for one am impressed that the committee considered the NHL playoffs and other broadcast events when scheduling the public hearings, so that the electorate can actually watch the hearings themselves instead of relying on their favorite news channels to summarize and tell them what they should take from the proceedings.  (recall the Republican woman who attended the Mitt Romney town hall who later commented that she had not idea, had never heard, that anything had been reported against President Trump from the Comey investigation).

• Like 1

(edited)
6 hours ago, brenthutch said:

Jan 6 doesn’t even make the cut. As I said…nothingburger 

https://www.statista.com/statistics/323380/public-opinion-on-the-most-important-problem-facing-the-us/

BTW climate change comes in at 2%. Good luck with your green new deal.

spacer.png

Contrary to FOX these are the issues.

Edited by Phil1111

13 hours ago, billvon said:

An attempted insurrection that kills 4 is a "nothingburger."  Hundreds of dead schoolkids?  So what.  Nothing to fix.  Who cares.  COVID?  It's a scam.  And I mean, they're dead already; who cares?  And climate change?  No one has proved that it affects me or my truck.  Republican pedophiles?  Eh, innocent until proven guilty.  And even the guilty ones are probably witch hunt something something.

But Hunter's LAPTOP!  His LAPTOP!  LAPTOP LAPTOP LAPTOP!  There was EMAIL on it!  That's all any God-fearing American cares about!

You guys are funny.

I think it's scary that such a large % of the population is too stupid to see through this stuff.

5 hours ago, brenthutch said:

I’m just sharing what the majority of our citizens care about. As you can see, January 6 is nowhere to be found. (The same can pretty much be said about gun control and climate change.  Which is odd, as those topics seem to animate many on this forum.)

100 Trillion flies, and you, can't be wrong.

(edited)
3 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

spacer.png

Contrary to FOX these are the issues.

Old news (2020) this is what the public is concerned with now (Not FOX News)

Dissatisfaction with Democrat leadership tops the list followed by inflation, economy, immigration, and gas prices.  Climate change comes in at #16 with a paltry 2% and January 6 doesn’t even register. 

Edited by brenthutch

2 hours ago, brenthutch said:

...Dissatisfaction with Democrat leadership tops the list followed by inflation, economy, immigration, and gas prices.  Climate change comes in at #16 with a paltry 2% and January 6 doesn’t even register. 

Your ideas are as endangered as a Russian general on the Ukrainian front.

50 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

They’re not my ideas, they are the sentiment of the American populace.

So F'n what? Too many people are deluded boneheads for us to use their judgement for a standard. Jeez, even people who should know better, like you for example, blame everything from inflation to busted condoms on Biden. We live in a global economy. Things like wars in the bread basket of Europe that prevent tens of millions of tons of wheat, edible oils etc. from entering the world market, the world being at best on the tail end of a global pandemic that disrupted economies around the world, aging populations, low birth rates, brain dead, racist, refusals to let able workers join our economy and on and on and on are the real causes of our economic disruption. But you just go on with your narrative. 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

You are lying again.

“Dissatisfaction with government, poor leaders”

Who runs the government? That’s right the Ds. Who are the leaders?  Biden is the President and runs the executive branch, Pelosi is the Speaker of the House and controls the lower chamber Schumer is the Majority Leader in the Senate and every Chair of every committee is in the Democrat caucus.  Soooo, not lying 

Just now, brenthutch said:

“Dissatisfaction with government, poor leaders”

Who runs the government? That’s right the Ds. Who are the leaders?  Biden is the President and runs the executive branch, Pelosi is the Speaker of the House and controls the lower chamber Schumer is the Majority Leader in the Senate and every Chair of every committee is in the Democrat caucus.  Soooo, not lying 

Nothing says the dissatisfaction is 100% with the democrats when people answered that question you are just making that part up.

If somebody is upset with leaders in the Republican party holding up legislation in the senate, would they indicate they are dissatisfied with government?

(edited)
1 hour ago, SkyDekker said:

Nothing says the dissatisfaction is 100% with the democrats when people answered that question you are just making that part up.

If somebody is upset with leaders in the Republican party holding up legislation in the senate, would they indicate they are dissatisfied with government?

It was two Democrats that torpedoed Build Back Better 

Edited by brenthutch

1 minute ago, brenthutch said:

It was two Democrats that held up Build Back Better 

Yeah that doesn't answer the question. I gave you the benefit of the doubt with saying you were lying, cause that meant you actually knew better. Turns out you don't.

2 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

Yeah that doesn't answer the question. I gave you the benefit of the doubt with saying you were lying, cause that meant you actually knew better. Turns out you don't.

Bottom line….no one cares about January 6 other than some politicians, journalists and far left paranoid wackos.

That would be nobody you know or pay attention to. Speaks to the company you keep

That said, the insurrection itself is probably not on my top ten list, but then the “crimes of Hillary” parade for 100 years or whatever wasn’t either. But the polarization  and weaponization of power structures in our political system is on my hit parade, because it speaks to the stability of the US as a nation. That’s what I worry about in the near term on a national level. Yeah, the climate and sustainability is a worry in the longer run.

Wendy P.