4 4
JerryBaumchen

Jan. 6 Panel

Hi folks,

I guess he is not as popular as he thought:  Voices: Trump canceled his January 6 speech — but luckily we know what he’s planning anyway (yahoo.com)

Trump actually canceled once he learnt that he would be competing for airtime with President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris

Poor liddle fella,

Jerry Baumchen

15 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi folks,

Since they did not take over via the insurrection, they seem to be trying this:  They stormed the Capitol. Now they’re running for office. - POLITICO

At least 57 individuals . . .  including some who were arrested on charges related to the Capitol attack — are running for office in 2022.

Jerry Baumchen

Nothing signals success in GOP primaries like misdemeanor convictions for  anti-democratic violence.

• Like 1

(edited)
On 1/6/2022 at 1:38 PM, Phil1111 said:

Nothing signals success in GOP primaries like misdemeanor convictions for  anti-democratic violence.

Now, the latest thing is GOP members in a number of states submitting bogus documents to pass themselves as Trump electors and the similarity of these documents could be pointing to a conspiracy from the top.

Edited by Faicon9493

2 minutes ago, Faicon9493 said:

Now, the latest thing is GOP members in a number of states submitting bogus documents to pass themselves as Trump electors and the similarity of these documents could be pointing to a conspiracy from the top.

You mean they are fabricating misdemeanor convictions of anti-government conduct? Just to curry favor among GOP voters?

Outstanding idea. I have to give credit where credit is due. Republicans know how the political game is really played.

5 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

You mean they are fabricating misdemeanor convictions of anti-government conduct? Just to curry favor among GOP voters?

Outstanding idea. I have to give credit where credit is due. Republicans know how the political game is really played.

It may turn out to be a bit more serious than a misdemeanor. If I was in their shoes, I would lawyer up.

15 minutes ago, Faicon9493 said:

It may turn out to be a bit more serious than a misdemeanor. If I was in their shoes, I would lawyer up.

I heard Sidney Powell is available and her publicity hound persona could help in the primaries and election.

From Heather Cox Richardson this evening:

Senior legal affairs reporter for Politico Kyle Cheney noted this weekend that Pence undercut those pushing him to deal with the fake electors by changing the language that explained what would be counted. The law says that the vice president must introduce all “purported” electoral votes. Pence added to the standard language that had been used for decades, saying that, according to the parliamentarian, the only votes that could be considered “regular in form and authentic” were those that had official state certification. Surely he would not have made such a change unless he felt the need to push back on those who would demand he acknowledge the fake ballots.

https://heathercoxrichardson.substack.com/p/january-17-2022

Her source:

3 hours ago, GeorgiaDon said:

It's a felony, punishable by up to five years in prison, to make or use a fake Covid vaccination card.  Why does the same not apply to making and attempting to use a fake electoral college vote?

According to Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel, it's a felony.

She wants to see the federal government press the charges, because they could likely tack on conspiracy charges too.

“Under state law, I think clearly you have forgery of a public record, which is a 14-year offense, and election law forgery, which is a five-year offense,”

Link:https://www.8newsnow.com/news/politics/michigan-official-wants-criminal-probe-into-false-electoral-documents-citing-bigger-conspiracy/

18 minutes ago, GeorgiaDon said:

We can only hope.  Hopefully Merrick Garland will get around to it before 2024.  Maybe they'll serve a day or two in prison before Trump pardons them.

This is what has me irritated. I'm beginning to believe, were he a Supreme, he'd be asking Thomas what to do. Seriously, do we even deserve a chance to govern anymore?

4 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

That is where I'm at, sadly. I'm guessing that Gene Roddenberry was right: the meek never inherit the future. 

Democracy is a dirty, messy and uncertain affair. Russians, the Chinese and others believe strongmen can direct society better. They can't because corruption is always the result. The favored inheriting the money.

So the pendulum swings from right to left. At least its in the middle twice as often as either extreme.

3 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

Democracy is a dirty, messy and uncertain affair. Russians, the Chinese and others believe strongmen can direct society better. They can't because corruption is always the result. The favored inheriting the money.

So the pendulum swings from right to left. At least its in the middle twice as often as either extreme.

Time and scale are the real problems. I'm sure you noticed that only Klingons were on Klingon ships, only Romulans were on Romulan ships and the Borg were the Borg. Only on Federation ships were we all happy campers getting along no matter. I'm thinking our silly mess won't resolve until we're all on a Chinese ship. 

35 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

Time and scale are the real problems. I'm sure you noticed that only Klingons were on Klingon ships, only Romulans were on Romulan ships and the Borg were the Borg. Only on Federation ships were we all happy campers getting along no matter. I'm thinking our silly mess won't resolve until we're all on a Chinese ship. 

There may be room opening up on that ship:

https://www.science.org/content/article/china-s-population-may-start-shrink-year-new-birth-data-suggest

7 minutes ago, ryoder said:

Donald Trump slams Jan. 6 panel after Ivanka Trump interview request: 'They'll go after children'

A 40yo woman who held a position in the previous administration is a "child"?

Well, to be fair, isn't everyone someone's child?

He had no problem going after Hunter Biden for years! It was pretty much his entire campaign strategy for 2020.

• Like 1