RMK

FreeFly Suit advice

I need to buy a new FreeFly suit and have had look at the following:

- Vertical Suits
- Intrudair
- Jedi Airware
- Sonic

In brief, 92kg at 183cm (200ish lbs and 6ft) so want a normal/relaxed fit; not the super-tight pro style. Will do some tunnel with it, but probably mostly skydiving. Would like to add low-profile grips as I’d use it as an all-rounder with some occasional flat flying (hence not putting this in FreeFly forum).

I’m Indifferent on price and OK to pay up for best quality, but would like as short a lead time as possible.

I haven’t looked at new FreeFly suits in some time (so a little out of the loop) any feedback on the above or any alternate ideas?
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

I have had a sonic (aerial), intrudair (tunnel and RW-comp) and jedi (shorty) suits.

Commenting just on how well they fit:

-The sonic fit as it was supposed to, I ordered it baggy and it came baggy
-The intrudair RW-comp came just fine
-The intrudair tunnel came super baggy in legs and arms (I ordered it normal). Nothing too difficult to fit at your local tailor/seamstress, but annoying nonetheless.
-The Jedi came mega-baggy in the torso, and too short on the legs (the knees on the suit are on my lower thighs with the rig on, and fine without it.)

Quality wise (materials and finishing/seams) all of them are good. I don't like the lining of the intrudair tunnel suit, but it is still like new after around 60 jumps and 2 hours of tunnel.

Kalrigan

Vertical is my favorite. Vlady has a really really high quality product. I own the Raptor and it's the greatest piece of clothing I have ever worn.

Same here Raptor for 3 years and looks like new 600 jumps on it and a bunch of tunnel
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

As you're in the UK, the top-quality options are Vertical or Tonfly. Tonfly are based in Slovakia so no import duty etc. Both work out around £350 for a base suit.

If you go for a Liquid Sky or something decent from the US, expect to pay something like £600 after duty/tax.

Jedi is a different beast. Much cheaper at under £200 but it'll won't even last a season of hard use before stitching starts coming undone. You can pick up lightly used ones for £100 which may be a good stop-gap.

mjosparky

I see you are still using the same signature line. I’m flattered. :P

It's still pertinent advice :)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

RichyR

As you're in the UK, the top-quality options are Vertical or Tonfly.

I've never bought anything from Canada (re Vertical); are duties/import different than buying from US?

Thanks to all for the above info. I'm now leaning to a Raptor or Raptor2 from Vertical, just having second thoughts re the 12-14wk wait (of course I should have thought about all this back in February; then wouldn't have a problem)
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

Another vote for Vertical. Vlday has great customer service and the suit they built for me is great! I'm getting a shortie soon. Check out their stock suits too if you're in a hurry. I had mine custom built and rushed. It took less than three weeks.

Regarding ordering from Canada. It was no different than anything else. I filled out the form, put in my credit card, and that was it. The exchange rate favors the US Dollar at the moment so I even got an extra "discount."
Chance favors the prepared mind.

Import duties are the same, however pound has been very strong against the Canadian dollar - at 6 year highs. Against the US dollar it's been the opposite i.e. 6yr lows.

Also check out adjustment charges, as there's a good chance fit may not be quite right first time. Tonfly didn't charge me for two lots of adjustment. Not sure if Vertical do/don't.