hobbes20000

Bad Skydiving Dreams

Strangely... within the last 2 weeks i have started having all kinds of malfunction dreams ranging from pilot chute in tow/uncocked pilot to the plane crashing. None of the dreams lead to my demise though, i some how always get out of them. This is strange to me as i would have assumed dreams like this to pop up a lot earlier in my skydive career.

And to top it off, my most recent dream involved a collapsed pilot that led to me pulling my reserve, yet it was apparently low enough that my AAD fired anyway. I was more angry that i had to be out for the day of jumping than anything.

I guess that leaves me only one option... i better be jumping this weekend!

I had a dream that I went in at terminal, then got up while quite angry at the situation. It seemed strange that I didn't wake up before/during the impact.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

sundevil777

I had a dream that I went in at terminal, then got up while quite angry at the situation. It seemed strange that I didn't wake up before/during the impact.

I've had similar...except that I don't "go in", but end up magically slowing down and gently landing on my feet at the last second...and always think its weird even during the dream.

Haven't had one in a while.

I used to have ones where bad shit looked like it was happening to my buddies, but never did.

For example I am watching my buddies doing a four way turning points right down to the basement, and they disappear behind a hill. I rush over and they are all walking back packed. :|:D

"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

I have a recurring dream that involves impacting at terminal.

The first few times, the dream involved watching local senior jumpers flaring thier huge RW suits (think balloon suits during the late 1970s) and landing softly standing on a dyke.
Later, I had the same dream many times. The dream always started in freefall, low pull, slow opening, impact, dust myself off and hope no-one saw my embarrassing mistake.

Elisha

***I had a dream that I went in at terminal, then got up while quite angry at the situation. It seemed strange that I didn't wake up before/during the impact.

I've had similar...except that I don't "go in", but end up magically slowing down and gently landing on my feet at the last second...and always think its weird even during the dream.

Sounds like a wingsuiter dream.
Instructor quote, “What's weird is that you're older than my dad!”

Oh yeah, I've died several times in my dreams from skydiving, even had a dream where someone impacted with nothing out right next to the plane while everyone was loading and everyone was just like "bummer man." Pretty weird shit :P

Nothing like watching Friday Freakouts for nightmare fuel :D

riggerrob

The first few times, the dream involved watching local senior jumpers flaring thier huge RW suits (think balloon suits during the late 1970s) and landing softly standing on a dyke.

I had a similar one where landing wingsuits by flaring became common, even nice and easy like landing a student canopy. I tried it and pounded into the ground, everyone laughed then I got on the next load. :S

dthames

******I had a dream that I went in at terminal, then got up while quite angry at the situation. It seemed strange that I didn't wake up before/during the impact.

I hear ya....but I've only been wingsuiting for a couple years now. These dreams happened well before so I wouldn't really have the reference. It was more like a superman flying thing.

dthames

******I had a dream that I went in at terminal, then got up while quite angry at the situation. It seemed strange that I didn't wake up before/during the impact.

So our dreams are 40 years ahead of the rest of the planet?
We are not crazy, just 40 years ahead of the rest of you.

Didn't a (British) stuntman land a wing suit last year and walk away?

riggerrob

Didn't a (British) stuntman land a wing suit last year and walk away?

Well, he landed on a huge pile of boxes.

But yes.

And it was four years ago. Time flies.

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_view_flat;post=4320288;page=1;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;mh=25;
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo