4 4
winsor

Woke is a Joke

Recommended Posts

On 8/6/2022 at 5:54 PM, JoeWeber said:

Are you shitting me? That? What a bunch of backwoods asshats. Time to ban France, I guess.

Considering you have areas in the US where a woman is not allowed to divorce her husband if she is pregnant, two animated characters of equal gender kissing is clearly very triggering.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

Considering you have areas in the US where a woman is not allowed to divorce her husband if she is pregnant, two animated characters of equal gender kissing is clearly very triggering.

Sure, but the way the right came unglued you'd have thought it wasn't a nanosecond long smooch by comic characters but a flock of lesbians scissoring to Breaking Ball at school play intermission. What a bunch of jerks.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

Sure, but the way the right came unglued you'd have thought it wasn't a nanosecond long smooch by comic characters but a flock of lesbians scissoring to Breaking Ball at school play intermission. What a bunch of jerks.

You're just figuring this out?

I always thought the idea that the 'alt-right' pretended that 'liberals' were the ones getting all bent out of shape over mild or imagined insults was absolutely hilarious.

Who was it that accused the Muppets Bert & Ernie from Sesame Street of being gay and 'grooming' kids? (Note: the response of 'They're puppets. They don't exist below the waist' has to be one of the all time best)

Who wants to ban any and every book that suggests being gay is somehow not a horrible, terrible sin?

Who went after the fucking TeleTubbies? It was a while back, but Jerry Falwell (Sr) made the accusation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

I always thought the idea that the 'alt-right' pretended that 'liberals' were the ones getting all bent out of shape over mild or imagined insults was absolutely hilarious.

Right?

 

It appears that Brent has run away from this thread with his tail between his legs. If he does come back and explain what it is he thinks is too woke about these films, it would be great if he could also explain why he is so gleefully in favour of cancel culture trying to sink them at the box office.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/9/2022 at 5:05 AM, jakee said:

Right?

 

It appears that Brent has run away from this thread with his tail between his legs. If he does come back and explain what it is he thinks is too woke about these films, it would be great if he could also explain why he is so gleefully in favour of cancel culture trying to sink them at the box office.

 

It’s sort of like the WNBA, disinterest nothing more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

It’s sort of like the WNBA, disinterest nothing more.

Nothing says disinterest like rolling through the thread to see if somebody's mentioned you.  Bonus points for using the 'Woke' thread to throw out a random dig at female athletes though, classy as always.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

It’s sort of like the WNBA, disinterest nothing more.

I believe you're not interested in the WNBA because you've never mentioned it before. Something like this that you keep on coming back to clearly interests you very much. Until you're asked a difficult question like "why do you think two girls kissing warrants an organised cancel culture boycott" and then it's bye bye Brenty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jakee said:

I believe you're not interested in the WNBA because you've never mentioned it before. Something like this that you keep on coming back to clearly interests you very much. Until you're asked a difficult question like "why do you think two girls kissing warrants an organised cancel culture boycott" and then it's bye bye Brenty.

I don’t agree with cancel culture no matter who does it.  I just think it is funny when Hollywood spends nearly a hundred million dollars on an overtly woke themed movie and are so embarrassed by it, that it bypasses straight-to-video and goes straight to the garbage can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lippy said:

Bonus points for using the 'Woke' thread to throw out a random dig at female athletes though, classy as always.

“The WNBA players found gaining access to the jail far easier than anticipated. "Frankly, no one seemed to notice us whatsoever," said Ms. Hamby. "It was eerily like playing in a WNBA game.”

https://babylonbee.com/news/wnba-players-rescue-mission-foiled-as-key-to-griners-cell-hanging-ten-feet-above-ground
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

I don’t agree with cancel culture no matter who does it.  

Yet you’re celebrating the right wing cancellation of Lightyear over one kiss between two female characters. Why is that?

33 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

I just think it is funny when Hollywood spends nearly a hundred million dollars on an overtly woke themed movie and are so embarrassed by it, that it bypasses straight-to-video and goes straight to the garbage can.

What was overtly woke themed about Batgirl?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, brenthutch said:

https://cosmicbook.news/marvel-fans-reject-she-hulk-par-captain-marvel
 

She Hulk complains about getting unsolicited complements and then complains about not being able to complain.9_9

That article complains about it being on par with Captain Marvel - a critical success and huge box office hit. 
 

I’d advise against getting your movie reviews from someone who appears to be a legit incel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The KKK has simply hundreds of adherents.  That's a bad thing.

Good Racists, OTOH, number in the millions, and have breathtaking levels of social and financial support.

A good rule of thumb is that if you take an "anti racist" screed and switch the verbiage, replacing <minority> with white and vice versa, and it becomes a reprehensible racist diatribe, it was a reprehensible racist diatribe in the first place.  This is a prime example:

https://www.thecollegefix.com/berkeley-co-op-person-of-color-theme-house-bans-white-guests-from-common-spaces/

You can't have it both ways.

 

BSBD,

Winsor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, winsor said:

The KKK has simply hundreds of adherents.  That's a bad thing.

Good Racists, OTOH, number in the millions,

The inference being that only KKK members are classic racists? Or that the students managing the POC house are on par with the KKK, a literal homicidal terrorist organisation?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
(edited)
9 hours ago, brenthutch said:

A lot of hate from those who would wrap themselves in the blanket of empathy.

Remember before woke was a thing and “tolerance” was the subject of the Republican’s irrational rage? “You can’t call yourself tolerant if you criticise my bigotry in any way!”

 

Yep, Brent clearly remembers those days.

Edited by jakee
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone made the observation to the effect that the Left defends the right to express differing views, while being horrified that people hold other views.  Apparently, expressing other views is not at all encouraged in practice.

Project Veritas is hardly a 'Fair and Balanced' source, but they do capture people saying things that at least appear damning.  In all fairness, the person caught on camera here is a real dog, and may well be 'gilding the lily' in the hopes of getting laid.

I've known too many people who would overstate their professional accomplishments to suit their perceived audience, and this person may well be doing just that.

Having said that, I'd have a hard time coughing up $60,000 a year for the privilege of being indoctrinated by the likes of her.

Then again, when asked why students were sent to college in Moscow in the 1960s, the leader of an African country that has since been renamed responded 'when we send our students to Paris they come back Communists, but when we send them to Moscow they come back Capitalists,' so perhaps exposure to bugwits like her will drive at least some of her charges to a more balanced approach to life than is the Woke norm.

One can only hope.

 

BSBD,

Winsor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, winsor said:

Project Veritas is hardly a 'Fair and Balanced' source, but they do capture people saying things that at least appear damning.  

Damning? Baaaahahahahahaaa!

”Breaking News: Off duty teacher thinks some students are little shits. Next up, did you know water might be wet?”:rofl: 

And what else? Oh right, trust fund kids might not understand real world problems faced by people without money. Umm, yeah. And?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, winsor said:

Project Veritas is hardly a 'Fair and Balanced' source, but they do capture people saying things that at least appear damning

PV have been exposed repeatedly for fabricating narratives, misrepresenting statements with false contexts, and even paying "witnesses" to say things on camera that are lies. They have no credibility whatsoever. None. Zero. You honestly should know better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

4 4