5 5
winsor

Woke is a Joke

3 hours ago, billvon said:

"Actually, no, you don't."

My mistake. I meant figuratively,I mean no harm.But thanks for not putting that on my never forgiven/forgotten permanent record,LOL.  I do have a right to spend a couple days in jail, seems that's what it takes to get an Amen around here.

"It came from people who identify themselves that way"

Isn't that kinda self defeating, besides I don't think the rights coming up with new words.The exact opposite of Orwell's ideas, but to the same ends. 

"Congratulations on your support of Critical Race Theory!" 

Thank you there is nothing more principled than the approval of others.Unfortunately It's just American history, but then of course there would be no political power and bureaucracy, in a race neutral society of the future.

The HR faculty at Harvard alone is about the same size as the student body,they could fire them all, hire maids and butlers for the students as replacements, reduce tuition and of course the students would all be happier too.

"n 2016, a study analyzed 4.5 million traffic stops in 100 North Carolina cities.  The conclusion was that police were "more likely to search Black and Latinx motorists, using a lower threshold of suspicion, than when they stop white or Asian drivers." 

See all you need to know,that confirms your bias. I'm sure it did the same for those paid to support the narrative, I mean study.

Why were they stopped in the first place. Were all the police bigots Brown and Black alike?

I think your first problem was listening to the All Mighty NTD like CK he's another nut job victim of our systemically racist nation. As for a 20 yr old study of names, 20yrs is a stretch.

Confirmation bias confirms your deepest suspicions.Pareto be damn.

According to the professor if your half white, half black, "your black that's how that works" lol.In a constellation of holistic approach. Can a black man blush? Only when some ideas are so stupid, only an intellectual can believe them.

40 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

And here are you engaging him, you a fan of the kill file. Consistency, Ken. 

He is not in my kill file at this time. Mostly because he doesn't post often enough to have annoyed me quite that much. Consistency? Nah, I get to make up the rules as I go. I'm a sovereign citizen of dizzy. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, richravizza said:

Isn't that kinda self defeating

Well, yeah, but they get to name their own movement.  DeSantis has a "war on woke."  There are anti-woke chocolates, razors and pancake batter.

Thank you there is nothing more principled than the approval of others.Unfortunately It's just American history

Sort of.  It's more accurately a subset of American history.

The HR faculty at Harvard alone is about the same size as the student body,they could fire them all, hire maids and butlers for the students as replacements, reduce tuition and of course the students would all be happier too.

?? There are about 2400 faculty TOTAL at Harvard including HR.  There are about 7000 students there during the semester.  I think you missed a few decimal places.

And I don't agree with the whole "if I don't like what they do they are unneccesary."  With that attitude you get "defund the police" from the left and "eliminate the IRS" from the right, both of which are brain-dead memes rather than any sort of actual plan.

See all you need to know,that confirms your bias. I'm sure it did the same for those paid to support the narrative, I mean study.

Sounds like you are rejecting this study (and the dozens like it) because they disagree with your political agenda.  That is a poor approach IMO.

Why were they stopped in the first place.

In the words of Neil Degrasse Tyson: "We were guilty not of DWI (Driving While Intoxicated) but of other violations none of us knew were on the books: DWB (Driving While Black), WWB (Walking While Black), and of course, JBB (Just Being Black).”

Were all the police bigots Brown and Black alike?

Sounds like you don't understand structural racism at all.

Structural racism in policing does not occur because the police are racist (although a few surely are.)  Structural racism means that the SYSTEM guarantees racist outcomes.  It's how a black mortgage officer can 'redline' a prospective black applicant even if they have no racist feelings towards the people involved.

I think your first problem was listening to the All Mighty NTD

And your opinion as a white guy who doesn't understand structural racism is more valid than a black physicist who lived it?

Let me guess - Rosa Parks was a common thug who deserved a jail cell, too.

(edited)
55 minutes ago, billvon said:

? There are about 2400 faculty TOTAL at Harvard including HR.  There are about 7000 students there during the semester.  I think you missed a few decimal places.

It was a joke,but you didn't get the punch line.

It's how a black mortgage officer can 'redline' a prospective black applicant even if they have no racist feelings towards the people involved.

That is unlawful today,and you know it.

But you'll continue to force those same people into failing schools. That's the structure.

Structural racism means that the SYSTEM guarantees racist outcomes. 

Subconscious bias is what your calling structural racism and the structure  "SYSTEM" guarantee racist outcomes, got it.I suppose individual choice is of no consequence,just the racist outcomes.That sure takes a mental gymnastics lesson. Enjoy your workout. 

Edited by richravizza

6 hours ago, richravizza said:

Cultural marxism precondition is dependent on decent people to just shut up or stand on the sidelines,

That is exactly - exactly - what the right demanded of Kaepernick. But he knelt on the sidelines instead of standing so they cancelled him and shut him out. 

7 hours ago, billvon said:

Rosa Parks was a common thug who deserved a jail cell, too

Oh no -- she was a hero! Of course, like all other heroes of the left, she was a long time ago (nearly 70 years now), and she's dead now, and the issue was settled.

Yes, over the screaming of bigots, but most of those guys are dead too, so they are nothing like anyone i know!!!

Wendy P.

• Like 2

On 5/28/2023 at 11:59 PM, jakee said:

That is exactly - exactly - what the right demanded of Kaepernick. But he knelt on the sidelines instead of standing so they cancelled him and shut him out. 

I found this for you.It's from Ruth.

Kaepernick and others who are on a knee, I want them to listen to the pain that that may cause somebody who for example had a spouse or a child who was killed in combat and why it hurts them to see somebody not standing.

(edited)
On 5/29/2023 at 4:13 AM, wmw999 said:

Oh no -- she was a hero! Of course, like all other heroes of the left, she was a long time ago (nearly 70 years now), and she's dead now, and the issue was settled.

Yes, over the screaming of bigots, but most of those guys are dead too, so they are nothing like anyone i know!!!

Wendy P.

On 5/28/2023 at 8:43 PM, billvon said:

Let me guess - Rosa Parks was a common thug who deserved a jail cell, too.

Neurons that fire together will wire together.

Edited by richravizza

5 hours ago, richravizza said:

Kaepernick and others who are on a knee, I want them to listen to the pain that that may cause somebody who for example had a spouse or a child who was killed in combat and why it hurts them to see somebody not standing.

Since you’ve obviously copied that from a different conversation between different people you should know that I have no idea who Ruth is.

Anyway, why should it cause her pain? As terrible as it is to lose a son or daughter, how does it give her the right to demand that everyone in the entire country behaves a certain way? 

Is cultural Marxism a good thing now, since both you and Ruth are demanding that all football players quite literally shut up and stand on the sidelines?

6 hours ago, jakee said:

....Is cultural Marxism a good thing now, since both you and Ruth are demanding that all football players quite literally shut up and stand on the sidelines?

And end all post score spiking of the ball or other celebrations.

15 hours ago, richravizza said:

Well, they can take comfort in their fearless leader, Trump, who prefers soldiers who don't get killed.

Then they can wonder how Kaepernick not speaking out would feel to all those countless of sons, daughters, mothers, fathers, brothers and sisters who are mourning for those who were needlessly murdered by police and are hurt by the herofication of law enforcement.

13 hours ago, kallend said:

Apparently the wind is now "woke" to the extent that Texas Repubicans now oppose it not for economic reasons (it actually is a major plus for Texas) but just because liberals like it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/05/30/opinion/texas-wind-renewable-energy.html

Illusory Truth Effect, just repeat a message often enough and fiction becomes truth. A new GOP specialty to keep the base in line and donating $$$.

Even if they are later freezing in the dark they won't associate their ignorance with the messenger.

• Like 1

On 5/26/2023 at 3:46 PM, BIGUN said:

Yes.

We respectfully disagree about the CK situation.

I'm not sure how my opinion on this made a quantum leap to the military being in charge of the country. Would not ever entertain the notion. 

I think it has to do with the base.The simple idea that there is a "moment of national unity" I assume antithetical. The rare nuggets of interpersonal info I can glean within posters here puts me at a huge disadvantage so I do appreciate your help in bringing diversity of opinions here.

I agree the CK horse is dead,I'll stop beating it.

Retired flag officers, the only ones allowed to speak publicly without violating the UCMJ, seem to come to the conclusion I have.Just wondering if you agree?

https://thefederalist.com/2023/05/24/160-plus-retired-military-brass-urge-congress-to-root-out-dods-poisonous-diversity-and-equity-programs/

Do you agree in that Milley should have been relieved of his command under the UCMJ.

42 minutes ago, richravizza said:

Retired flag officers, the only ones allowed to speak publicly without violating the UCMJ, seem to come to the conclusion I have.Just wondering if you agree?

I don't think the actions of a few veterans means that they speak for all veterans.  You wouldn't claim that the actions of Lee Harvey Oswald and Timothy McVeigh speak for all veterans, for example.  Even though they seem to come to similar conclusions.

10 hours ago, richravizza said:

In a way. The gay community was part of the military for a long time. I met my first outwardly "flamboyantly gay" guy in 1974 at Ft. Hood. As he sashayed passed me up the barracks stairs; I must have had some fucked up look on my face, cause another guy said, "We leave him alone. He's the best S-1 we've had." Meaning, we would get paid on time and accurately and our paperwork would be done correctly. Also meaning, judge the person by their work ethic, not the lifestyle. Fast forward twenty years and I had retired. Not long after, Clinton comes out with "Don't ask, Don't tell."   

Personally, I thought this was brilliant. You joined to do a job. Shut the fuck up about your personal life. And, unfortunately, when Colonels, Generals and budgets are part of the equation; shit rolls down hill. For example, Inspections. It's been a long standing sad joke -

General says he's going to do a Class A inspection (Dress Uniforms)  the troops at 0800 HRS. (Usually some congressman or dignitary is coming and the troops need to look good);

Colonel says, We're going to have an pre-inspection for the General at 0700 HRS.

Unit Commander says we're going to have a pre-inspection for the Colonel at 0600 HRS.

Unit First Sergeant says we're going to have a pre-inspection for the Unit Commander at 0500 HRS.

It starts raining at 0730 HRS; General's staff calls to cancel the inspection.

SAME SCENARIO USING DEI

Politician runs on a declared policy of - "Leave them the fuck alone" and gets elected. 

The General Staff develops a 10 minute policy to support the declaration.

The General wanting another star makes it an hour class.     

Colonel wanting to make General says, "Let's make it two hours." 

Unit Commander wanting to make Colonel says, "Let's make it three hours."

Unit First Sergeant wanting to make Sergeant Major says, "Let's make it four hours." 

The soldiers who joined say, "I just want to do my job and get laid."

Don't ask; Don't tell. Brilliant.  Ten years or so go by and guess what - nobody really gives a shit that you're gay.

MILLEY: If true; UCMJ       

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BIGUN said:

Not long after, Clinton comes out with "Don't ask, Don't tell."   

Personally, I thought this was brilliant. You joined to do a job. Shut the fuck up about your personal life.

The problem was that “don’t ask, don’t tell” really only applied to gay soldiers. Straight ones were absolutely welcome to be as overtly straight as they wished. Kind of like saying “we respect freedom of religion, but only the Christians can pray out loud in public.”

Wendy P. 

1 hour ago, wmw999 said:

The problem was that “don’t ask, don’t tell” really only applied to gay soldiers. Straight ones were absolutely welcome to be as overtly straight as they wished. Kind of like saying “we respect freedom of religion, but only the Christians can pray out loud in public.”

Wendy P. 

“When you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men … but when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your father who is unseen.”; Jesus of Nazareth, quoted in Matthew 6:5 et seq.

I submit that praying out loud in public is unChristian.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wmw999 said:

The problem was that “don’t ask, don’t tell” really only applied to gay soldiers.

The point and brilliance of it being - sometimes you have to take a few running steps to make a giant leap. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BIGUN said:

Not long after, Clinton comes out with "Don't ask, Don't tell."   

Personally, I thought this was brilliant. You joined to do a job. Shut the fuck up about your personal life.

Errr, as Wendy just pointed they were telling gay people specifically to shut the fuck up. Everyone else who joined to do the same job could talk away to their heart’s content.

Also, don’t ask don’t tell was a stupid policy. It required people to keep secret something that could still get them fired if it was disclosed. Ask anyone with a security clearance what you have to avoid at all costs? Personal secrets that someone can hold over you and blackmail you with. How mad is that?

4 hours ago, wmw999 said:

The problem was that “don’t ask, don’t tell” really only applied to gay soldiers. Straight ones were absolutely welcome to be as overtly straight as they wished.

Yep.  I recall a night at the Argus when one of the Navy guys banged a secretary in the bathroom.  Very loudly.  There were high fives all around.  I am sure that was the #1 topic of conversation for the next week or so back on base, since I heard it from at least four other Navy guys the next week.  "Hey did you hear about . . . . "  Yes, I was there.