5 5
winsor

Woke is a Joke

1 minute ago, billvon said:

I realize you feel strongly about respect for the flag

I feel strongly about what the flag represents. It was not the time or the place. That moment at the beginning of each football game (or any other event) is a moment to pay your respect for those fallen and to thank this nation. We can argue, protest, throw eggs and beat our drums at any other time. But, in that one moment we should all as one nation rise up to give our thanks and respect to the flag that we can argue, protest and beat our drums. We can put our disagreements on hold for two minutes. 

Join me at the National Cemetery this Memorial Day. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

With respect, you've just validated a number of opinions on appropriatenesses and thought origins that vary from your own. Few things inform a world view like decades in uniform. Usually it is the end lens through which the world is seen by the individual; which is usually not at all individualistic in nature but rather tribal and collectively affirming. That's understandable because that's exactly the way indoctrination works. A close example of such brainwashing is skydiving and it's decades long adherents and the complete horseshit we are prone to accept.

10 hours ago, BIGUN said:

One of my "heroes" is Jim Brown; athlete and social change activist.  Mr. Brown opposed CK's actions also. What CK could have done with his position was held a press conference to denounce what happened. He could have started some type of community | inner-city interaction program with the  police departments. That would have sustained a much longer legacy not unlike Jim Brown's Amer-I-Can organization which started in 1988 and still exists today. 

Since 1988, what has Jim Brown managed to change? What kind of overall awareness has he managed to generate?

Kaepernick started something that brought awareness of injustice to a huge number of people. He started something that many more athletes inside and outside the NFL were permitted or even encouraged to join in with yet he stayed a scapegoat. 

And no matter how much you whinge about feeling disrespected, he was actively trying to be as respectful as possible while getting his point across.

10 hours ago, BIGUN said:

The flag and anthem may represent different things to different people, but many associate them with the military, not police.

Oh come on man. So you dislike Kaepernick because some other peopleassociate the anthem with he military?

How tenuous can you get?

12 hours ago, BIGUN said:

I feel strongly about what the flag represents. It was not the time or the place. That moment at the beginning of each football game (or any other event) is a moment to pay your respect for those fallen and to thank this nation. We can argue, protest, throw eggs and beat our drums at any other time. But, in that one moment we should all as one nation rise up to give our thanks and respect to the flag that we can argue, protest and beat our drums. We can put our disagreements on hold for two minutes. 

So when is the 'right' time?

He chose that time because the song being played (had ZERO to do with the flag, BTW) says a lot of things about freedoms that people who look like him simply don't have. 

If you want to find a place to encourage people to 'rise up to give our thanks and respect', you don't have far to look.

Try the grandstands.

One thing that stuck out to me during this whole controversy was the behavior of the fans. Some of those same fans were the ones calling for CK's head over his behavior, but many don't stand, don't 'pay respect', don't nothing.

I can't find the article with a quick search, but I came across an opinion piece by the daughter of a fallen SF soldier. She pointed out the respect that kneeling gives, and counterpointed it with a number of instances where the fans were incredibly callous and disrespectful.
One example that stood out was at Arrowhead stadium in KC, where the fans would end the song by shouting "CHIEFS" at the end, shouting it over the word 'brave'.
Another was the 'throwing of the octopi' during the anthem at Detroit Redwings games. 

Her main point was that those acts were never called out for the disrespect they showed, yet CK was vilified. 

Why is that? 

19 hours ago, BIGUN said:

Hi Keith,

in 1960, I spent about 10 weeks at Gunter AFB, just outside of Montgomery, Alabama.

There were a lot of white folks who felt strongly about 'the flag.'  It just was not the flag you and I think a lot about.

Flags of the Confederate States of America - Wikipedia

Jerry Baumchen

PS)  Earlier, I had taken a bus from San Antonio, Texas to Montgomery, Alabama.  Our one & only stop was for food just after we crossed into Mississippi.  To this day, I can still see that white line that ran right down the center of that eatery.  There was a chest-type coke machine & the white line ran right down the middle of it, also.

image.png.1fe9dffd8f5190379e3d0f341f6553cc.png

Some things are just wrong.

22 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

With respect, you've just validated a number of opinions on appropriatenesses and thought origins that vary from your own. Few things inform a world view like decades in uniform. Usually it is the end lens through which the world is seen by the individual; which is usually not at all individualistic in nature but rather tribal and collectively affirming.

With respect, that's only one frame of reference. I have just as much time in Disaster Response, helping the citizens of this country during some of the worst disasters in our history receiving accolade's from community leaders to a single African-American barber just outside New Orleans during Katrina. I feel comfortable with having looked "in the belly of the beast" numerous times and seen the best and the worst of people. 

In my opinion, CK is a piece of shit. He took an absolutely horrible summer and used it for his own personal gain. He wasn't trying to do something noble. He was trying to focus the limelight on him in the hopes to get his lousy game play and end of contract propped up. He used George Floyd's death for his own gain.

Comparisons of CK to Rosa Parks and throwing a confederate flag argument at me - silliness.    

We've had this conversation before. You didn't sway me and I didn't sway you. Now, it's just become a circular argument. So, that's where we're at.  Moving on.

• Like 1

(edited)
42 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

. . . . to a single African-American barber just outside New Orleans during Katrina. I feel comfortable with having looked "in the belly of the beast" numerous times and seen the best and the worst of people. 

. . . .

My wife went to NOLA after Katrina as a FEMA emergency doc. so her credentials are as wonderful as yours.

However, she doesn't vilify CK.  She reckons he made a  valid point drawing national attention to an important issue that many on the right would like swept under the rug..

Edited by kallend
Editted fur spelin'

(edited)
1 hour ago, BIGUN said:

In my opinion, CK is a piece of shit. He took an absolutely horrible summer and used it for his own personal gain.

I bet you have some evidence of that, right?

Edited by jakee

1 hour ago, BIGUN said:

In my opinion, CK is a piece of shit. He took an absolutely horrible summer and used it for his own personal gain. He wasn't trying to do something noble

I'd say that he sacrificed his career for something he believed in.  I admire him for that; most people would not do what he did.  They'd play it safe and go along to get along.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BIGUN said:

With respect, that's only one frame of reference. I have just as much time in Disaster Response, helping the citizens of this country during some of the worst disasters in our history receiving accolade's from community leaders to a single African-American barber just outside New Orleans during Katrina. I feel comfortable with having looked "in the belly of the beast" numerous times and seen the best and the worst of people. 

In my opinion, CK is a piece of shit. He took an absolutely horrible summer and used it for his own personal gain. He wasn't trying to do something noble. He was trying to focus the limelight on him in the hopes to get his lousy game play and end of contract propped up. He used George Floyd's death for his own gain.

Comparisons of CK to Rosa Parks and throwing a confederate flag argument at me - silliness.    

We've had this conversation before. You didn't sway me and I didn't sway you. Now, it's just become a circular argument. So, that's where we're at.  Moving on.

You're a serious stand up guy, no one would disagree. But, in all fairness, you do lean heavily into your military past in your posts which influences perceptions. Regarding "CK", if his actual name is too pejorative to write publicly where children might see it, seems to me he gave up a lot for his beliefs. Seems to me that's something you'd admire.

Most of my adult life I have wondered WTH the military and the national flag have to do with sporting events.

It's odd, in my opinion. 

Same with WTH do we need police presence at EVERY effing event??? 

One starts to think it might send the wrong message of a police state.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, kallend said:

My wife went to NOLA after Katrina as a FEMA emergency doc. so her credentials are as wonderful as yours.

Please give her my regards and thanks for her assistance during a difficult time. 

3 hours ago, normiss said:

Most of my adult life I have wondered WTH the military and the national flag have to do with sporting events.

It's odd, in my opinion. 

Same with WTH do we need police presence at EVERY effing event??? 

One starts to think it might send the wrong message of a police state.

Hi Mark,

The Army got rid of the Golden Knights comp teams because they concluded that they did not increase recruiting enough for the money spent.

IMO we should do the same for those military flyovers at sporting events.

Jerry Baumchen

• Like 1

On 5/25/2023 at 11:27 PM, jakee said:

You must be really scared of the truth given that you need to flat out lie like that.

Please do show us all his stats, his outstanding QB ranking.LOL I hope you don't come to the conclusion that the Facts are Racist.

You make such outrageous claims, but I'm the one ignoring truth.LOL I'm coming to the conclusion logical truth is not of value here.Of course your subjective truth runs deep.I suppose you're a woman,don't you find it ironic that a misogynist right wing troll such as myself, is defending women's rights?  Perhaps this can be something we have in common.

15 minutes ago, The Hundredth Monkey said:

It isn''t a joke, well if it is, the joke is on the woke.

Dude, the joke is on you. Society is woke and all the boycotts and angst from people like you are not going to change that fact. You have already lost the battle. Enjoy crying into whatever brand of beer you think is still politically correct.

1 minute ago, The Hundredth Monkey said:

If you can name a higher ranking KGB defector...

Please go right ahead?

It doesn't really matter what loser Russians think. Not that I'm going to watch and find out. You still are on the losing side. Wake up.

On 5/26/2023 at 6:49 AM, normiss said:

THIS veteran and many others I know, fully support the First Amendment. Sometimes it hurts to see a flag burned or destroyed during a protest, or refusing to participate in the celebration of the nation, that's the entire point though. Which is exactly why the First Amendment is so important and valued.

This means we supported Mr, Kaepernick. He also happens to be correct. Institutionalized racism still exists.

That nonsense needs to stop.

With all do respect, should I salute? PM me 

We all know you have the right to burn our flag and I have the right to kick your proverbial ass.

Likes,my targets today, tally ho. LOL  Mostly, because mine come from the Czech Republic and think it says alot about the zeitgeist of the nation. 

RBG is now my Anti-Woke Conrad, what bedfellows we make.Perhaps you should reevaluate her comments, and why the knee was so toxic, there's always a time and a place. Not the one moment that unites all opposing view. Like a prayer, you can do that shit before or after.

Your argument is like skin color, surface deep, mear talking point.Let's cut deep into that flesh.

The term "Anti" as language was chosen in anti woke,it's a trick in that it assumes nothing positive can come from an Anti. a proverbial gotcha. Simerly, my prasona can put some in a fatty disadvantage. 

Indeed, Institutional Racism was an ugly part of our past.If you find it today, put your finger on it, you can rest assure I'll be by your side to fight it. Asians colleges admissions seem to be a clear demonstration of just that "Nonsense".

1 hour ago, richravizza said:

We all know you have the right to burn our flag and I have the right to kick your proverbial ass.

Actually, no, you don't.

The term "Anti" as language was chosen in anti woke,it's a trick in that it assumes nothing positive can come from an Anti.

It came from people who identify themselves that way.  They may now regret that - but that's on them.

Indeed, Institutional Racism was an ugly part of our past.

Congratulations on your support of Critical Race Theory!

If you find it today, put your finger on it, you can rest assure I'll be by your side to fight it.

Sure.  Here are a few examples:

In 2016, a study analyzed 4.5 million traffic stops in 100 North Carolina cities.  The conclusion was that police were "more likely to search Black and Latinx motorists, using a lower threshold of suspicion, than when they stop white or Asian drivers."

Also in North Carolina, a report found that in 2021, racial bias was “deeply entrenched” withi North Carolina police departments.  Thus it is not much surprise that blacks are twice as likely to be killed by police in North Carolina.

In 2004 Neil Degrasse Tyson wrote about the experiences of other black physicists, who had almost universally experience unexplained traffic stops and police visits.  Notable since PhD-level physicists tend to not be criminals, so something else must have caused them to be targeted.  He also recounted a time when he was stopped several times by police for bringing books INTO his new office on campus.

A study in 2003 confirmed that "black-sounding" names on resumes resulted in 50% fewer interviews when those resumes were sent to help-wanted ads - even if the resumes themselves were exactly the same.

A study in 2020 correlated unconscious pro-white/anti-black bias in teachers and success rates for black students in the schools they taught at.  There was a strong correlation between anti-black bias and worse results for black students at specific schools.

And again, it is very likely that none of those police, teachers or recruiters consider themselves racist, or even are racist in any objective sense.  It is the structural racism surronding them that is causing the disparity.

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/brown-center-chalkboard/2020/07/20/educator-bias-is-associated-with-racial-disparities-in-student-achievement-and-discipline/

https://ncnewsline.com/2021/05/28/blacks-in-north-carolina-twice-as-likely-to-be-killed-by-police-than-whites/

https://apnews.com/article/race-and-ethnicity-police-north-carolina-racial-injustice-winston-salem-b9aa56ec91abaa56309e036e2ec1e4ff

6 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Mark,

The Army got rid of the Golden Knights comp teams because they concluded that they did not increase recruiting enough for the money spent.

IMO we should do the same for those military flyovers at sporting events.

Jerry Baumchen

Absolutely. We aren't Russia and we don't need May Day Parades. Militarizing our society, or even lionizing our military, isn't the best way to show respect for our veterans. The best way is to do whatever we can, at whatever expense, to ease them back into the society they served to protect.

4 hours ago, The Hundredth Monkey said:

The losing side lol.

https://videon.img.ria.ru/Out/Flv/20230528/2023_05_28__rfuujbva.msp.mp4

I live in the south pacific and observe the entire OECD engaged in the same grift, only because most people are wasting their time trying to win a pre conceived argument, instead of beng correct.

Try to be correct, winning an argument is not the same thing.

You seem like a confused individual.

It's been a minute since I've seen the "useful idiot video",thanks. I've made reference  before but didn't think anyone had gotten it,oblious some still won't.Thank goodness for them,I find them nothing more than entertaining on how far their psychosis can extend.

CK is a victim a modern day Rosa Parks, this shit is hilarious.We should assume Oprah is oppressed and Meghan the duchess a victim too.I Don't blame just wish they would wake up. It's simplistic single stage thinking,and they want to be on the side of the angles, anyone who would oppose is obvious the opposite.Cultural marxism precondition is dependent on decent people to just shut up or stand on the sidelines,besides.Who would tolerate the abuse of angles, being labeled censored and excommunicated.

thought u might like this one.

1 hour ago, richravizza said:

Nope, like bill you have the man, you just need a crime.The funny thing about pointing your finger,you got three pointing back. 

Just once could you be bothered to make a rational and coherent argument?