5 5
winsor

Woke is a Joke

1 minute ago, billvon said:

But at least they are superior to the women, trannies, gays, libs and blacks.  And if a beer can makes them think they are not even superior to THOSE people - they are going to get very, very upset.

Yup. Abso-fucking-lutely hilarious how fragile their little egos are.

Almost as delicate as a...

Snowflake.

• Like 3

On 4/16/2023 at 11:32 AM, wolfriverjoe said:

Actually?

They want to see hot women in subservient positions.

https://www.scirp.org/journal/paperinformation.aspx?paperid=114475

Yep, you should alway know your clientele.Even you know it.Sadly Bud could've hired me as a consultant at half the price..LOL What a conversation that would be.

You want to do what? Promote a woman on your product named Dylan, for 365 days of womanhood? Ok, I think I have a better Idea. How about an American Icon Amelia Earhart, how long was she a woman? I got it!  Tiny Broderick.... what could be more nostalgic Americana than a badass chick jumping from a biplane when parachutes were bed sheets. 

But of course this won't alleviate our tick of hot women in subservient positions.LOL

We all know real American beer is brewed locally,now. It's a mature market where you scrape market share gains from under your nails.The last thing you want to do is give it away.

On 3/29/2023 at 9:42 AM, SkyDekker said:

Except Ireland sits about in the middle for the world crime index. So if you are arguing that they have less prisoners per capita (no idea if that is true) than other countries, it most assuredly isn't because of low crime rates.

Wrong again. Mexico has a constitutional right to own firearms.

Thank you, I stand corrected.

I was reminiscing of the prison construction needed to accommodate "The Troubles." 

I've got great college recruitment video of a trans athlete spiking a volleyball ball into a girls face.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/restoring-america/fairness-justice/district-forfeits-games-transgender-player

I'll bet we can agree on Women's rights.

I heard in Canada you are what you say you are, regardless. The world wants to know a simple question. What is the Canadian Powerlifting bench press Vagina record. LOL

On 3/29/2023 at 4:15 PM, billvon said:

I agree.  I'd prefer to hear him out first, and reserve shouting him down for him saying something really outrageous.  

I am not sure that having some judge give a speech at some college would have accomplished anything - whether or not he could be heard over the people shouting him down.  

I mean, you could say "how are we ever going to get anything accomplished if the right wing cancels Colin Kaepernick just because they disagree with him?" - but again, having one football player cancelled probably doesn't stop things from being accomplished out there in the real world.

The right wing did not cancel Colin,Colin canceled Colin.His performance was the problem,obviously distracted from his mission.He'll be fine.I believe your icon RBG even said it was a bad Idea.If you had humility to ask a Vet they would have informed you that you were disrespecting the soldiers we're burying. He's another of the nut job victims you produce, just ask his parents.

7 minutes ago, richravizza said:

The right wing did not cancel Colin,Colin canceled Colin.His performance was the problem,obviously distracted from his mission.

You must be really scared of the truth given that you need to flat out lie like that.

7 hours ago, richravizza said:

The right wing did not cancel Colin,Colin canceled Colin.His performance was the problem,obviously distracted from his mission.He'll be fine.I believe your icon RBG even said it was a bad Idea.If you had humility to ask a Vet they would have informed you that you were disrespecting the soldiers we're burying. He's another of the nut job victims you produce, just ask his parents.

THIS veteran and many others I know, fully support the First Amendment. Sometimes it hurts to see a flag burned or destroyed during a protest, or refusing to participate in the celebration of the nation, that's the entire point though. Which is exactly why the First Amendment is so important and valued.

This means we supported Mr, Kaepernick. He also happens to be correct. Institutionalized racism still exists.

That nonsense needs to stop.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, richravizza said:

The disconnect between anti-woke propaganda where the constitution has been kicked around and used like a football. Used to beat up minorities.

2 hours ago, normiss said:

THIS veteran and many others I know, fully support the First Amendment. Sometimes it hurts to see a flag burned or destroyed during a protest, or refusing to participate in the celebration of the nation, that's the entire point though. Which is exactly why the First Amendment is so important and valued.

This means we supported Mr, Kaepernick. He also happens to be correct. Institutionalized racism still exists.

As compared to an understanding of the constitution and what the fight for freedom really means. Freedom is not the majority or power over minorities. Its majorities and minorities equal and respectful Even when the message from the other side seems offensive.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, richravizza said:

The right wing did not cancel Colin,Colin canceled Colin.

No.  The right wing called for his cancellation through boycotts and pledges to not watch the NFL until he was removed.  That's cancellation.

If you had humility to ask a Vet they would have informed you that you were disrespecting the soldiers we're burying. 

The suggestion for him to kneel CAME FROM A VET who was also an NFL player.  And it came about BECAUSE OF HOW THEY PAY RESPECT TO SOLDIERS THEY BURY.  Here's what that vet had to say when Colin asked him:

Colin actually reached out, said he wanted to meet with me. And we sat in the lobby of the team hotel, discussed our situation, our different opinions and feelings about all this. And I suggested him taking a knee instead of sitting even though I wanted him to stand, and he wanted to sit. And it was, like, this compromise that we sort of came to. And that's where the kneeling began . . .  People - in my opinions and in my experience, kneeling's never been in our history really seen as a disrespectful act. I mean, people kneel when they get knighted. You kneel to propose to your wife, and you take a knee to pray. And soldiers often take a knee in front of a fallen brother's grave to pay respects. So I thought, if anything, besides standing, that was the most respectful. But, of course, that's just my opinion.

If you cared even a little bit about the facts - or about the veterans you claim to honor - you would have known this.

But ignorance and hatred is a lot easier, eh?  Just make him into a clueless black lib, cancel him and move on to your next target.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, billvon said:

No.  ....

But ignorance and hatred is a lot easier, eh?  Just make him into a clueless black lib, cancel him and move on to your next target.

Keep in mind that for most on the right facts don't matter. The echo chamber repeats the ugly messaging. Even when it attacks what would otherwise be a hero.

spacer.png

5 hours ago, normiss said:

Hi Mark,

And, this veteran does also.

Quite often I see someone saying something that I do not agree with.  That is the trade-off for the First Amendment.

And, I am sure that I have a neighbor or two who disagrees with my yard sign.

IMG_1517.JPG.7b089711c1d823aa64972d92a826675d.JPG

Jerry Baumchen

• Like 1

2 hours ago, billvon said:

No.  The right wing called for his cancellation through boycotts and pledges to not watch the NFL until he was removed.  That's cancellation.

The suggestion for him to kneel CAME FROM A VET who was also an NFL player.  And it came about BECAUSE OF HOW THEY PAY RESPECT TO SOLDIERS THEY BURY.  Here's what that vet had to say when Colin asked him:

Colin actually reached out, said he wanted to meet with me. And we sat in the lobby of the team hotel, discussed our situation, our different opinions and feelings about all this. And I suggested him taking a knee instead of sitting even though I wanted him to stand, and he wanted to sit. And it was, like, this compromise that we sort of came to. And that's where the kneeling began . . .  People - in my opinions and in my experience, kneeling's never been in our history really seen as a disrespectful act. I mean, people kneel when they get knighted. You kneel to propose to your wife, and you take a knee to pray. And soldiers often take a knee in front of a fallen brother's grave to pay respects. So I thought, if anything, besides standing, that was the most respectful. But, of course, that's just my opinion.

If you cared even a little bit about the facts - or about the veterans you claim to honor - you would have known this.

Hi Bill,

Me thinks you ask for too much.

Jerry Baumchen

3 hours ago, billvon said:

The most important phrase of that whole thing is, " . . . discussed our situation, our different opinions and feelings about all this."  See, Nate didn't approve of what Colin was doing either. It was Colin's intention to put himself in the limelight as a social justice warrior. Nate being a team member knew that Colin was going to lose everything if he continued. Being the team player, Nate offered Colin a different path to hopefully keep him on the team. 

Colin a hero. No. The heroes are those who put their lives on the line every day, military, ER Doctors and nurses (think pandemic), Fire fighters, Police,  the man who almost gets run over trying to save a kitten from a car, etc. Those are heroes. Not some football player pandering for likes on the internet.     

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

The most important phrase of that whole thing is, " . . . discussed our situation, our different opinions and feelings about all this."  See, Nate didn't approve of what Colin was doing either. It was Colin's intention to put himself in the limelight as a social justice warrior. Nate being a team member knew that Colin was going to lose everything if he continued. Being the team player, Nate offered Colin a different path to hopefully keep him on the team. 

Colin a hero. No. The heroes are those who put their lives on the line every day, military, ER Doctors and nurses (think pandemic), Fire fighters, Police,  the man who almost gets run over trying to save a kitten from a car, etc. Those are heroes. Not some football player pandering for likes on the internet.     

Hi Keith,

I could not disagree more.

Jerry Baumchen

Keith, what would you have CK do to make very clear his position on police brutality and structural inequality in the US? He effectively gave up his career for it, so obviously it’s an important topic to him, just as the US National Anthem is extremely meaningful to you.

Wendy P. 

1 hour ago, BIGUN said:

It was Colin's intention to put himself in the limelight as a social justice warrior.

You think he did it for the limelight because being a top rated NFL quarterback wasn't enough fame for him? Wake up, man.

1 hour ago, BIGUN said:

Nate being a team member knew that Colin was going to lose everything if he continued.

And you think Kaepernick had no idea? How disrespectful can you be?

1 hour ago, BIGUN said:

The heroes are those who put their lives on the line every day, military, ER Doctors and nurses (think pandemic), Fire fighters, Police,  the man who almost gets run over trying to save a kitten from a car, etc. Those are heroes. 

Do any civil rights activists meet those criteria? 

1 hour ago, BIGUN said:

He lost a lot standing up for what he believed in. He didn't give up when that was in his best economic interest. He sought guidance and input to try and be as least disrespectful as he could be. He altered his behaviour accordingly. Pretty heroic in my book.

1 hour ago, BIGUN said:

Colin a hero. No. 

I agree.

Colin a villian?  Also no.  Just someone doing what he believed in.  There was a time that such an approach connoted integrity - especially when it carried a high personal cost (like losing your job.)

Not some football player pandering for likes on the internet.     

Would you describe, say, Rosa Parks as a criminal pandering for popularity with the woke crowd?  After all, she broke the law - nothing Kaepernick did was against the law.  And unlike Kaepernick, she profited in the long term by taking that stand. 

Unfortunately, there is no doubt that Parks would be cancelled by today's right as a social justice warrior, just another part of woke madness like black mermaids and black Cleopatras.  And we'd see boycotts of any bus company that allowed that sort of woke madness.  Go woke, go broke!

It was Colin's intention to put himself in the limelight as a social justice warrior.

No.  It was his intention to make clear his position on police brutality.  He did that.  A lot of people didn't like it - and he suffered for that.

57 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

Keith, what would you have CK do to make very clear his position on police brutality and structural inequality in the US? He effectively gave up his career for it, so obviously it’s an important topic to him, just as the US National Anthem is extremely meaningful to you.

One of my "heroes" is Jim Brown; athlete and social change activist.  Mr. Brown opposed CK's actions also. What CK could have done with his position was held a press conference to denounce what happened. He could have started some type of community | inner-city interaction program with the  police departments. That would have sustained a much longer legacy not unlike Jim Brown's Amer-I-Can organization which started in 1988 and still exists today. 

Let's not forget that CK sat first for the National Anthem.  The kneeling didn't start until Boyer tried salvaging the situation. And, just for the record; if I were in Nate's shoes, I would probably and have tried to help a teammate from imploding also.    

• Like 1

(edited)
19 minutes ago, billvon said:

After all, she broke the law - nothing Kaepernick did was against the law. 

While he did not break the law; he broke a very strong social rule. The flag and anthem may represent different things to different people, but many associate them with the military, not police. He missed his target by several miles. 

As for Ms. Rosa and others who break the law for social change; that is a much higher standard of commitment to a cause. In the military; the standard of hero is - one who puts their butt on the line. Ms. Rosa did just that.

Edited by BIGUN
sp

2 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

While he did not break the law; he broke a very strong social rule. The flag and anthem may represent different things to different people, but many associate them with the military, not police. He missed his target by several miles. 

As for Ms. Rosa and others who break the law for social change; that is a much higher standard of commitment to a cause. In the military; the standard of hero is - one who puts there butt on the line. Ms. Rosa did just that.

Hi Keith,

Re:  but many associate them with the military

Re:  In the military; the standard of hero is

I believe that you were a lifer; yes/no?

I think your military bias is shading your thinking.  I might be wrong, but it is what I think.

And, IMO it is for this very reason that the military is not in charge of this country.

Jerry Baumchen

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

And, IMO it is for this very reason that the military is not in charge of this country.

Yes.

We respectfully disagree about the CK situation.

I'm not sure how my opinion on this made a quantum leap to the military being in charge of the country. Would not ever entertain the notion. 

12 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

As for Ms. Rosa and others who break the law for social change; that is a much higher standard of commitment to a cause. In the military; the standard of hero is - one who puts their butt on the line. Ms. Rosa did just that.

Agreed on the strong social rule.  But not having blacks and whites mingle was a much, much stronger social rule in the South in the 1950's.  Her transgression was both illegal AND against societal norms.  And given the loss of his job and the death threats - and his acknowledgement that his death might be necessary for his cause - Kaepernick absolutely put his butt on the line.  

I realize you feel strongly about respect for the flag, but again, people in the 1950's felt even more strongly about preserving society in the South.